Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread
Page 15 of 27
Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
281 - 07-03-2008, 01:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
If you examined it in the detail that Christs life was, I doubt it. Were all 500 billion of them born on June 27th? How about 10% of them? 5%?

Edit: I'm headed to bed to give Dooby time to compile his lolmoutainofevidencelol

EditEdit: I'm sooooo voting for 'Dumpy Dooby' to be tattoo'd on the back of mstrikes ass. Let's see him explain that one to his doctor!
There is NO detail about Christ.
He was born.
Disappears.
Reappears and then dies.
And then lives.

It is a thirty page synopsis.

****, we know more about you. You played tribes.

Sponsored Links
arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 07-03-2008, 01:34
the idea of god and christianity is a joke

why would any rational person actually believe it

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
283 - 07-03-2008, 01:35
There was no Jesus, complete fairy tale.

Catholicism is the only true Christian faith, the rest are fair weather forgeries and all of the members will burn in non-existent hell for all eternity.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
284 - 07-03-2008, 02:21
I bet this has been a fun thread.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 07-03-2008, 02:34
there is no doubt jesus existed, but the story of his life was written by people (apostles) trying to gain followers

no doubt most of that crap is pure fiction

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
286 - 07-03-2008, 03:01
In regards to your question about the age of the Earth. I would have to look at science and agree with the statement that the Earth is indeed very old. Millions of years old.

Many Christians will tell you that the earth is merely 6000 years old or 14000 years old whatever.

They do this by doing the math of the genealogy stated in Genesis to come up with this estimate. I would state that this is simple thinking.

In genesis it states the order of which God created things. Light and day, land and water, animals etc. Then he created humans. If you derive the age of the Earth by simple genealogy as described earlier you only have the time since man was created. It does not take into consideration all time prior to this.

This thought could validate science's idea that the age of the Earth is in the millions. It also explains why dinosaurs exist since God created animals before man.

node
VeteranX
Old
287 - 07-03-2008, 03:06
Spoiler

the unicorns ugly step-brother.
completely understandable why it either died or was booted from the ark.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
288 - 07-03-2008, 03:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
In genesis it states the order of which God created things. Light and day, land and water, animals etc. Then he created humans. If you derive the age of the Earth by simple genealogy as described earlier you only have the time since man was created. It does not take into consideration all time prior to this.
The order in genesis is wrong.

And humans have been around for much longer than 6000 years. We've even found whole settlements that predate 4004 BC.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
289 - 07-03-2008, 03:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
The order in genesis is wrong.

And humans have been around for much longer than 6000 years. We've even found whole settlements that predate 4004 BC.
I didnt mean to actually put the order in which God created things, I just wanted to state the fact that the order of it is written.

I believe that the Christians who believe they know the age of the Earth just by the genalogy order to be pretty foolish as well.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
290 - 07-03-2008, 03:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
there is no doubt jesus existed, but the story of his life was written by people (apostles) trying to gain followers

no doubt most of that crap is pure fiction
Jesus stated before he left to the heavens, that he gives the authority of converting others to man. Since Man isnt perfect, there very well may be a few errors here and there. But since the Holy Spirit was with them, given to them by Jesus, I have faith that the Word I receive today is God's will and message.

m7-
VeteranXV
Old
291 - 07-03-2008, 05:24
this is the only religion that TW knows:

Bucket_Of_Mom
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 07-03-2008, 05:26
nice

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 07-03-2008, 05:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
I bet this has been a fun thread.
young earth creationist, how are you?

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
294 - 07-03-2008, 06:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
There it is. Sweet sweet cop out. I'm not presenting ANYTHING new here. Nothing. This is all old ****. You're an intelligent, educated person and it shocks me a bit that you're falling back to this.

Lines like that one attack me personally and shift the burden off you to produce the 'mountain of evidence' you promised. Fact is Dooby, you're full of **** on this one and you know it. You can't fight this argument because deep down you know you're wrong. You have nothing sir - nothing.

So, keep changing the subject and side stepping the argument till I go away - problem is - I don't. So, save yourself some time, throw your hands in the air, and scream FAITH! It's the closest you'll get to winning this argument.
You already know exactly what I'm going to post. I would cite the writings of Josephus and Tacitus. I would cite the authorships of extrabiblical religious doctrines. Yes, we're both privy to the evidence.

The issue here is not whether or not I am able to produce the evidence for your reading pleasure. The problem is that historians, even secular ones, agree that there is sufficient evidence to lend credence to the historicity of Jesus, and you, on the other hand, reject the consensus wholesale.

Quote:
It has everything to do with it. It demonstrates that he is a myth. What have you got?
No, actually it has nothing to do with the historicity of Jesus. In a manner of speaking, you're pretending that rejecting the mythology of Jesus somehow necessitates a rejection of his historical existence. I'm reminded of that scene in Braveheart where Wallace says that he shoots fire out of his *******. Effectively, you're pretending that since Jesus cannot shoot fire out of his *******, then he necessarily must not have existed. I would love to see you claim the logical highground on that one.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
295 - 07-03-2008, 06:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
I didnt mean to actually put the order in which God created things, I just wanted to state the fact that the order of it is written.
Have you ever noticed that the order in which God created the animals and humans in Genesis 1 differs from the order in which they are created in Genesis 2? Also, did you know that it's widely accepted that the two chapters are two completely different creation stories from different eras by different authors of different cultures in different geographic locations? Look up JADP theory or Documentary Hypothesis. I dont agree with the timeframes put forth by the author of the theory, but the theory itself is very well established and respected. The religious reconciliation is often to accept that instead of authoring the books of the Torah, Moses was merely a redactor.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
296 - 07-03-2008, 07:56
The only thing that actually sucks about Jesus is the people who follow him and twist his **** into whatever they want it to be.

All in all though, Jesus was way cool.

Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
297 - 07-03-2008, 08:04
i've read that ghandi quote too, taxi

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
298 - 07-03-2008, 08:11
What Ghandi quote

Fartypants
VeteranXX
Old
299 - 07-03-2008, 08:17
"Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ."

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
300 - 07-03-2008, 08:19

Page 15 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith