[PICS] Snow Party USA

StapleMammal1

Contributor
Hiya gang. Just wanted to share a few pics of my first winter here in Northern Michigan. Never experienced a real winter before so I'm playing it by ear. Haven't frozen yet so I guess I am doing it right.

JVD5Trg.jpg

esZiXJg.jpg

WIrItdy.jpg

yR1QkFt.jpg

It's my neighbors and yes they do. Same with their pontoon boat in their backyard. They are currently at their other house in Florida and will be back up here in the summer. Good folks.

No interest in getting a snowmobile or being in the frigid weather unless I have to. Even more so when I have it a comfy 76 degrees inside. :)

you've been in the cabin in winter before, correct? is this the first big snow of the year for Michigan? I would expect they've seen a few flurries that far north by this time of year. no offense but it's hard to get excited about pictures of snowfall in canada

Pro tip: Shovel that shit down to the concrete anywhere you don't want ice all winter. ASAP before the cold comes after the snow. Do NOT use salt, it eats concrete, and concrete ain't cheap.

Use a big squeegee for the light snows and dustings.

Last edited:
you've been in the cabin in winter before, correct? is this the first big snow of the year for Michigan? I would expect they've seen a few flurries that far north by this time of year. no offense but it's hard to get excited about pictures of snowfall in canada
Lol cabin

It's a fucking trailer park

Negative. Mike and I would always be at the other house in late October. From what my neighbors just told me this snow isn't shit.

Pro tip: Shovel that shit down to the concrete anywhere you don't want ice all winter. ASAP before the cold comes after the snow. Do NOT use salt, it eats concrete, and concrete ain't cheap.

Use a big squeegee for the light snows and dustings.

Merry Christmas Plas. One like this?

Amazon.com: Heavy Duty Floor Scrubber Squeegee- 24 Kitchen

Lol cabin

It's a fucking trailer park

My cottage/house is in a subdivision consisting of summer cottages. They were built from the knotty pine which apparently grows wild all over the place in this forest. All were originally 400 sq/ft. Most year rounder's, as they are called, have added on to them. For example my cottage/house is now over 1,700 sq/ft. Pretty sure a trailer park here wouldn't be allowed by the town council whatever. This is a vacation town. Not some shithole city.

Last edited:
this aint winter tbh

we aint had winter is 3-4 yrs

u get more lake effect up there tho

Agreed. If you can still see leaves on the ground or cars in your driveway it hasn't snowed

Good luck when it actually does snow

Back