you want people to contribute?

you're right I should just use that other convenient online payment processor that doesn't cost more than we make in a month

With Colosus around, asking us to contribute is like asking Jews to contribute to the NSDAP so that they can build more ovens.

Denying features for not donating is a really bad idea. The best way for coming up with money for expenses is fundraisers.

Put together a bi-annual donations drive and allow people to give whatever amount they want.

i'm not changing anything else feature wise when it comes to donations. I don't like that we had to limit search as it is
Kurayami said:
With Colosus around, asking us to contribute is like asking Jews to contribute to the NSDAP so that they can build more ovens.
We get it, you hate Colosus, but this makes no sense and your analogy is just terrible. I handle all our finances and Colosus pays 60+ out of pocket a month to operate the website. If he wasn't around and it was coming out of my pocket, I'd pull the plug in a heartbeat.

We get it, you hate Colosus, but this makes no sense and your analogy is just terrible. I handle all our finances and Colosus pays 60+ out of pocket a month to operate the website. If he wasn't around and it was coming out of my pocket, I'd pull the plug in a heartbeat.
I don't hate Colosus. He hates me.
I'm just comparing him to Goebels because he's a dick.

Also, why wouldn't you pay $60 a month?
Aren't you rich?

you wouldn't sell tw for 80 grand to some guy back in the 90's but you would shut it down if you had to pay $60 a month?

weird

I don't hate Colosus. He hates me.
I'm just comparing him to Goebels because he's a dick.

Also, why wouldn't you pay $60 a month?
Aren't you rich?
I already donate my time free of charge, why would I possibly put in money to do this? It is nothing but extra work for me.

paying to temp-ban, paying for name changes, paying to view the forums?
go to SA if you want that garbage

i'd rather pay for something like a custom title than not get it at all :shrug:

'it's too much work to change titles for money' but when an admin get's pissy he has time to change one.

Jeeze, charge 10 bucks for custom titles and give some super nerd who is here 24/7 a dollar for every name change he does. Baby bew gets a few dollars and tw makes money... problem solved.

Why would they pay anyone? They've got a legion of followers that would hand-change everyone's title on this board just to have the Tribalwar Staff title.

Back