For the first time I gave 0 tip. by Ender - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page For the first time I gave 0 tip.
Page 1 of 4
Ender
ValtreX
Old
1 - 06-30-2008, 22:34
I have never given 0 for tip when dinning out and I usually dine out a lot.

However I could not believe the service we got. Got in, sat for 5 mins waiter did not come to ask us for drinks or anything.

Ordered drink 5 mins in, it took about 7 more mins for our two drinks to come and it was only diet coke and root beer. I look around, it's mildly busy. So I shrug it off.

We order our food. Food was great. but when it was time to go she took a very long time to grab the obviously empty plates. After she got the empty plates we ask to bag certain items (bone for the dog). She took the plates and we were sitting there for about 10 minutes. Then she asked us if we were having desert, we said no. Then she leaves.

10 mins later we get the bill.

I put the card in the bill and I am waiting while I see her stop to chit chat. At this point I am annoyed. This person can stop to chit chat while we are waiting to go, whatever.

She grabs the bill no ****, 10 minutes after the bill was delivered. It took her another 10 minutes to process the bill.

Unbelievable.

I smiled at her, put a fat zero and walked out.

Sponsored Links
claudius
VeteranX
Old
2 - 06-30-2008, 22:35
Thread sucks.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 06-30-2008, 22:36
GARCON!

Midnj
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 06-30-2008, 22:37
wow you have no patience

I have given very low tips when they really screw up my dinner and it was in their control. If its out of their control Id get the manager to deduct so I don't have to gip the waiter/waitress.

Loco-Raider
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-30-2008, 22:37
STICK IT TO HER!

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 06-30-2008, 22:38
... and now, you are a man.

A black man.

XTasy
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 06-30-2008, 22:38
Just put a pile of about six to seven one's depending on how expensive your dinner was, and start removing them one by one every 3 minutes.

That will hopefully speed things up

HomeGrown
Veteran++
Old
8 - 06-30-2008, 22:38
Hmm, doesn't sound that bad. I was expecting **** in your food or the waiter called you gay or something.

LogRoller
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 06-30-2008, 22:39
YEAH **** THAT STUPID ****

Ender
ValtreX
Old
10 - 06-30-2008, 22:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnj View Post
wow you have no patience

I have given very low tips when they really screw up my dinner and it was in their control. If its out of their control Id get the manager to deduct so I don't have to gip the waiter/waitress.
I have no patience for chit chat. No sorry. I don't know what type of work ethic you were brought up in, but you obviously miss the ball.

Right, when it is out of their control I don't put it on the waiter. Screwing up an order is sometimes out of their control. Waiting for my bill to be processed for 20 mins is not. Sorry.

RNJBOND
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 06-30-2008, 22:41
Sometimes no tip is warranted. I cannot speak to your individual experience, but this doesn't seem like one of those times.

Also, if the service is bad and the waiter is obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent, then instead of giving zero tip, I'd rather insult them by leaving 50 cents or some really low number as the tip.

Ender
ValtreX
Old
12 - 06-30-2008, 22:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNJBOND View Post
Sometimes no tip is warranted. I cannot speak to your individual experience, but this doesn't seem like one of those times.

Also, if the service is bad and the waiter is obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent, then instead of giving zero tip, I'd rather insult them by leaving 50 cents or some really low number as the tip.
That's just trying to be an *******. I have no problem confronting the waiter if they were obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent.

I wasn't trying to be an *******.

XTasy
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 06-30-2008, 22:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNJBOND View Post

ever go to fenton's that place has horrible service sometimes

Azn_Essence
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 06-30-2008, 22:43
macbook air

Lothar.
VeteranX
Old
15 - 06-30-2008, 22:44
Zero tip is brutal. Watch out for bad karma, it would suck if you got herpes or something.

Kayn
Veteran++
Old
16 - 06-30-2008, 22:44
Yeah you're a ******. I would have left a buck or two depending on how bad she really was. I used to be a waited and this is what we think.

$2 tip on $50 meal: "Man i should work a little harder"

$0 tip on any meal: "Those people are poor, assholes, or black. Possibly a combination of all three"

Ender
ValtreX
Old
17 - 06-30-2008, 22:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
Yeah you're a ******. I would have left a buck or two depending on how bad she really was. I used to be a waited and this is what we think.

$2 tip on $50 meal: "Man i should work a little harder"

$0 tip on any meal: "Those people are poor, assholes, or black. Possibly a combination of all three"
You obviously didn't work in a well-respected restaurant.

A 0 tip should signal in your head, wow what the **** did I do wrong?

Instead of "OMG I AM THE BEST WAITER OUT DARE AND THIS IS BULL****"

Seraphim
Veteran5
Old
18 - 06-30-2008, 22:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar. View Post
Zero tip is brutal. Watch out for bad karma, it would suck if you got herpes or something.

Midnj
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 06-30-2008, 22:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I have no patience for chit chat. No sorry. I don't know what type of work ethic you were brought up in, but you obviously miss the ball.

Right, when it is out of their control I don't put it on the waiter. Screwing up an order is sometimes out of their control. Waiting for my bill to be processed for 20 mins is not. Sorry.
right.

Maybe if you enjoyed the company you were with then you wouldn't get so "fussy" over a few minutes.

RNJBOND
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 06-30-2008, 22:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
That's just trying to be an *******. I have no problem confronting the waiter if they were obnoxious, rude, or completely incompetent.

I wasn't trying to be an *******.
What are you going to say to a rude waiter? "Stop being rude!"?

They know they're being a bad waiter - they deserve an insulting tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTasy
ever go to fenton's that place has horrible service sometimes
Yeah, I never tip too well there unless I get a nice waiter. Their ice cream is good, but I don't understand how it can take twenty minutes to give me a scoop of ice cream. It's not even as if I'm in a hurry to leave - just, for me, if I go there just to get ice cream, I don't want to spend hours there waiting.

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page For the first time I gave 0 tip.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
====d , angry tribalwar virgins , black or foreign , cheap fuckers , don't forget to herpes , ender has teh herps , epic thread , fuck you ender , herp-o-riffic , herpes , herpes already taken :( , herpes power to 1000 , herpes time!!! , no tip = herpes , no tipping jew , penis , penis pickle , pill = no herpes , sexxxgodsteve was here , showed her - something , small dick , someone say herpes? , tipping