Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin
Page 1 of 20
Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 07-05-2008, 11:02
some good fights, and a few on the undercard i'd like to see.

MAIN CARD

Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin - KO 2nd
Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote - TKO 2nd
Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau - decision
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle - Sub 3rd
Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin split decision (this fight will probably be boring)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully - TKO 1st (should be cake)
Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller - Sub 2nd, miller should win, leaves an arm in stupidly
Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver TKO Strikes
Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill Decision (don't come into corey's zone..I don't think he's gonna finish him though)

Sponsored Links
Navarone
VeteranX
Old
2 - 07-05-2008, 11:14
Rampage, first round by stoppage
Almeida first round submission
Joe Daddy third round submission
Lytle by decision
Griffin by TKO (Yes TKO)

Gonzago - (WHY IS GONZAGA ON AN UNDERCARD?)
Jorge -sub in the first
Guillard - TKO
Bucholz Decision

Voidsinger
VeteranX
Old
3 - 07-05-2008, 11:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
some good fights, and a few on the undercard i'd like to see.

MAIN CARD

Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin - KO 2nd
Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote - TKO 2nd
Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau - decision
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle - Sub 3rd
Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin split decision (this fight will probably be boring)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully - TKO 1st (should be cake)
Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller - Sub 2nd, miller should win, leaves an arm in stupidly
Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver TKO Strikes
Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill Decision (don't come into corey's zone..I don't think he's gonna finish him though)
Griffin - Majority decision after looking slow in the first few rounds and simply out-hustling a gassed Rampage.
Almeida by sub in Rd. 1, no way in hell is Cote getting knocked out but his ground game and Jits defense is subpar. Almeida is one of the best BJJ practionners in MMA and should basically follow the same script Lutter did vs. Cote.
Stevenson by TKO Rd. 2, too active, will push the action relentlessly.
Koscheck by TKO Rd. 3. Koscheck has better than average standup and a great shoot. He'll take Lytle down and work him over in all 3 rounds before referee stoppage from strikes in the 3rd.
Griffin by TKO Rd. 2. See Stevenson, same type of wrestler that presses the action. The only way it becomes boring is if Aurelio stalls. Aurelio is a decent guy that is riding his Gomi sub for all it's worth.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
4 - 07-05-2008, 11:18
rampage will win by split

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 07-05-2008, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
rampage will win by split
highly unlikely... you think it'll be like 3-2 rampage, but 1 judge will call it 3-2 forrest?

I don't think there styles lead to split decisions... neither are particularly amazing wrestlers (of there like 3 combined split decisions, 2 of them are to tito and lindland, aka very good wrestlers)

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 07-05-2008, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
Griffin - Majority decision after looking slow in the first few rounds and simply out-hustling a gassed Rampage.
not that the henderson fight wasn't close, but if henderson couldn't gas rampage over 25 minutes, why would griffin do better?

does forrest have a better motor than henderson?

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
7 - 07-05-2008, 11:57
Quote:
highly unlikely... you think it'll be like 3-2 rampage, but 1 judge will call it 3-2 forrest?

I don't think there styles lead to split decisions... neither are particularly amazing wrestlers (of there like 3 combined split decisions, 2 of them are to tito and lindland, aka very good wrestlers)
I'm expecting a fairly boring fight. If it goes to decision and isnt a total blowout I'm betting a judge will give forrest the win because hes a fan favorite.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 07-05-2008, 11:58
Quote:
I'm expecting a fairly boring fight. If it goes to decision and isnt a total blowout I'm betting a judge will give forrest the win because hes a fan favorite.
you know the judges aren't UFC employees, and that judges in close championship fights usually go with the champion ... aka if its even the champion gets the nod because the challenger didn't give you overwhelming evidence that he should have the belt in place of the titleholder...

Navarone
VeteranX
Old
9 - 07-05-2008, 11:59
You guys are really underestimating Rampage. He is going to eat Forrest alive. It's going to be a slaughter.

Voidsinger
VeteranX
Old
10 - 07-05-2008, 12:02
Quote:
not that the henderson fight wasn't close, but if henderson couldn't gas rampage over 25 minutes, why would griffin do better?

does forrest have a better motor than henderson?
Forrest is a huge guy at 205 and will constantly press the action, more so than Hendo where Rampage was actually the aggressor. I'm pretty sure Forrest will come in with 15-20 pounds over Rampage and won't give him a dull moment.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
11 - 07-05-2008, 12:04
Quote:
you know the judges aren't UFC employees, and that judges in close championship fights usually go with the champion ... aka if its even the champion gets the nod because the challenger didn't give you overwhelming evidence that he should have the belt in place of the titleholder...
tell that to Hamill when he fought Bisping in London. Even the home town fans in arena thought Bisping lost.

Last edited by KnightMare; 07-05-2008 at 12:08..
Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 07-05-2008, 12:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
Forrest is a huge guy at 205 and will constantly press the action, more so than Hendo where Rampage was actually the aggressor. I'm pretty sure Forrest will come in with 15-20 pounds over Rampage and won't give him a dull moment.
no way forrest is 15-20 more than rampage.

Rampage is 6'1" and while looking pudgey during TUF was walking around at like 230, say he's 212 after weigh-ins? you think that griffin is weighing 227 to 232? if so be more on rampage, because forrest just cut 22-27 pounds of water yesterday for the fight.

he might be a little taller, I just think we're giving forrest too much credit.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 07-05-2008, 12:09
Quote:
tell that to Hamill when he Bisping in London. Even the home town fans in arena thought Bisping lost.
that's more an issue with the 10 point must system... its been covered in depth, while hamill easily won the first round (10-9), analysis shows that bisbing eeked out the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and won because of winning those two. its like the presidental election process with the electoral college, you can with the popular vote, but lose the election.

I think Hammill did more damage and should have won... but bisbing on a 10point must system at the very least should have fought to a 28-28 draw...

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-05-2008, 12:10
Quote:
tell that to Hamill when he fought Bisping in London. Even the home town fans in arena thought Bisping lost.
also not a championship fight.

also you have a wrestler which leads to more decisions and split decisions...

Finski
Came, Shat, & Conquered++
Old
15 - 07-05-2008, 12:12
You guys are retarded. Rampage is black and Forrest is white.

Black guys always beat up the white guy.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
16 - 07-05-2008, 12:17
tell that to thompson when he fought kimbo

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 07-05-2008, 12:23
Quote:
tell that to thompson when he fought kimbo
nevermind... i see, misread ur point

Last edited by Skibbi9; 07-05-2008 at 12:39..
Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 07-05-2008, 12:47
Quote:

Erm . . . Page is a damn good wrestler, which is how he won all of his fights in the early going of his career. He didn't start standing up/knocking people out until he was about three years into MMA.

Leonidas Tzu
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 07-05-2008, 12:50
My picks:

Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin
Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote
Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller
Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
20 - 07-05-2008, 12:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu View Post
Erm . . . Page is a damn good wrestler, which is how he won all of his fights in the early going of his career. He didn't start standing up/knocking people out until he was about three years into MMA.
did he wrestle in college? I know the ufc countdown showed him wrestling in hs

Page 1 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , balls touching , kahula lays jew eggs , matthew dewald is fat , rogan said goat vagina , ufc