[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

MAGA

5c0f152e24000031008c1607.jpeg

Mostly unreported MAGA

US judge tosses bulk of suit against Trump immigration move

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Trump administration provided adequate justification for its decision to end a program that reunited hundreds of immigrants from Central America with family members in the U.S., a federal judge ruled Monday.

Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler threw out the bulk of a lawsuit that argued the termination of the Obama-era Central American Minors program was arbitrary and violated the U.S. Constitution.

The program allowed parents legally in the U.S. to apply to bring children or other family members living in Honduras, Guatemala or El Salvador to the U.S.

One of the goals was to discourage children from making the dangerous journey from those countries to the U.S. to be with family.

More than 1,300 people came to the U.S. under the program between 2014 and the end of 2016, according to figures cited in Beeler's decision.

When it ended the program in August 2017, the Trump administration revoked approval for roughly 2,700 additional immigrants who were set to travel to the U.S.

In her ruling, Beeler said the decision to revoke those approvals was arbitrary and capricious and required more analysis and explanation.

Linda Evarts, an attorney with the International Refugee Assistance Project who is representing plaintiffs, said she welcomed that part of the ruling and called the decision "an important first step."

Beeler in a separate order suggested the plaintiffs might be able to revise their lawsuit to address some of her concerns.

The judge, however, found the administration had sufficient policy and legal arguments for its decision to end the Central American Minors program.

The Obama administration granted refugee or parole status to 99 percent of the people it interviewed for the program, giving them a greenlight to come to the U.S., according to State Department figures in Beeler's decision.

The Trump administration argued that immigration law called for a more sparing, case-by-case approach. It also said granting parole broadly created an incentive for illegal immigration and contributed to security problems along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Beeler said the administration rationally concluded that the program was not consistent with its immigration policy and its view of immigration law. She said she was not authorized to second-guess those conclusions.

She also rejected arguments that the decision to end the program violated due process and equal protection.

The words are the best part

Especially this part.. sang right before the rape part

(I ought to say no, no, no, sir) Mind if I move in closer
(At least I'm gonna say that I tried) What's the sense of hurting my pride
(I really can't stay) Baby, don't hold doubt
[Both] Baby, it's cold outside

MEGA MAGA

Auto Stocks Surge on Report China Preparing to Slash US Import Tariffs - TheStreet

European auto stocks surged Tuesday, while U.S. carmakers jumped higher in pre-market trading, following a report from Bloomberg that suggested China is ready to substantially reduce tariffs on vehicles made in the United States and sold into the world's biggest car market.

Officials have submitted a proposal to reduce tariffs on cars made in the U.S. and imported into China to 15% from the current level of 40%, Bloomberg reported. President Donald Trump hinted at such a move following his trade summit with China's President Xi Jinping earlier this month in Argentina, and the Bloomberg report, which cited officials in Beijing, could mark an important thaw in U.S.-China trade relations while providing more clarity for European carmakers worried about the fate of tariffs from both Washington and Beijing. The report also followed data from China showing car sales have hit their weakest patch in five years.

Establishment looks to crush liberals on Medicare for All - POLITICO

The united front that helped Democrats save Obamacare just a year ago is falling apart over single-payer health care.

Deep-pocketed hospital, insurance and other lobbies are plotting to crush progressives’ hopes of expanding the government's role in health care once they take control of the House. The private-sector interests, backed in some cases by key Obama administration and Hillary Clinton campaign alumni, are now focused on beating back another prospective health care overhaul, including plans that would allow people under 65 to buy into Medicare.

Comedy break

Prison rape America remains pervasive under-reported 15 years after passage law intended end crisis

It started the first night Joe Booth was placed with his new cellmate at the Richard Donovan Correctional Facility in San Diego.

'He grabbed my ankle and pulled me off the bed … He had a weapon that was manufactured out of a piece of metal that he had gotten,' Booth told DailyMail.com. 'I had struggled, but when he put that next to my throat – that was the end of my fight.'

He was repeatedly and violently raped over four days by his cellmate, who was serving a 72-year sentence for raping, sodomizing and transmitting HIV or AIDS to a teenage girl. According to a federal lawsuit he filed against the prison warden, Booth sought help from seven different staff members, including a counselor.

None intervened on his behalf.

'They literally said, "We are not marriage counselors, you two work it out,"' Booth said.

:rofl:

Can't release kids to people without making sure the kids will be safe :shrug: You know pedophiles, human trafficking and all

ICE arrested more than 150 potential sponsors to undocumented children | TheHill

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers reportedly arrested more than 150 undocumented adults who came forward as potential adult sponsors for migrant children detained by U.S. authorities between July and November.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that more than 100 of the roughly 170 migrant adults arrested in that time period had no prior criminal record.

ICE began additional background checks and fingerprinting of potential sponsors in the spring.

The Chronicle reports that many of the arrests were made using information uncovered in those background checks.

Democrats have criticized the practice, saying it will result in children being unable to be removed from HHS custody.

“It’s outrageous,” Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) told the Chronicle. “I don’t know if this is intended or unintended, but a natural consequence of this is that these children will have nowhere to go.”

ICE reportedly began the practice of fingerprinting potential sponsors and conducting background checks on other adults in sponsor households earlier this year. The Obama administration did not consider the legal status of a sponsor before releasing children into adult family members' custody.

No Sale. They want his head

Paris riots set to continue as France President Emmanuel Macron fails to appease Yellow Vest protesters - CBS News

President Emmanuel Macron's attempt to quell violent rioting across France by offering economic concessions to his countrymen -- expected to cost the country $11 billion -- appears to have been insufficient. Leaders of the "Yellow Vest" protest movement indicated Tuesday that Macron's offers were not enough, as hundreds of students staged a "Black Tuesday" of protests over Macron's education policies and voiced solidarity with the Yellow Vests.

Back