[T1]New Fonts teaser

groov

Veteran XX
these are full Tribes1 native fonts that work with all versions (1.11/1.30/1.40/etc)

i started these about a year ago, did about 90% of 'em and then got into some drama and forgot about it

until i recently found them on a portable HD i'd left at a friends house

slapped 'em into a config and i thought they looked pretty cool so i took some screens :)

GEForce:
new_font.png

GeForce_join.png

AgencyFB
Aspie_noScriptGL_WIP.png

AgencyFB_join.png

also larger version of AgencyFB giant BMP so i didn't hotlink

still a few unfinished chars and i dont feel like doing it now but hopefully release next week?

:heart:

looks good, what characters are still missing?

mostly just rarely used chars or shit only a font nerd would notice

like i can see in the first one the capital O is 1 pixel too wide, and i guess i re-used Agency as a template because /|)}]& etc are all too thin/tall

Agency looks mostly done aside from i think it all needs to be vertical offset 1-2 pixels down except for a few misc characters that should probably stay the way they are and i guess i should do that stupid O with the / thru it that 'Bob's server of DOOM' uses

the quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog

pack my box is 4 characters shorter vav :)

we need more colors
in the old days we could do inverse, blinking, bold, underline etc with fonts.

nice work groove

OH GREAT ANOTHER NEVER TO BE FINISHED GROOVE PROJERCT

i promise i'll finish these :)

we need more colors
in the old days we could do inverse, blinking, bold, underline etc with fonts.

nice work groove

thanks dude!

colors are fairly ez, i'll include the source .pft so that ppl can colorize/change shadow/etc with andrews pftedit.exe. right now i'm going for the original colors but... personally i hate that global chat is yellow and dont really dig either of the 'orange' font colors

i think as we all get older and our vision gets shitty and our resolutions get higher we really need bigger Tribes fonts. 10pt fonts might be OK at 800x600 but once u get up to 1920x1080 or higher they're too tiny imo

Nymphs blitz quick vex dwarf jog.

also everyone likes futura, maybe franklin gothic for weight

or just do what all good designers do
and just use helvetica and say fuck it

the sharp edges on futura wouldn't really scale down well to t1 size but yeah its a nice font

also fun fact if you type =rand() in MS Word it types a bunch of quick brown foxes for u

but srsly helvetica wins ppl awards and allows design teachers to have 30 year careers by telling ppl to just stfu and use helvetica

sleepy was talking about jetset font, newer, presumably based off of jetset radio? seemed to have a good aesthetic fit in these space shooting games

ya stork uses jetset its not bad

in a lot of ways its like the capital letters from Agency and the lower cases of geforce

idk i think GEForce looks sick in game and is super readable

also u gotta consider that all these fonts look really different at big sizes with font smoothing, once u scale them down and pixelize them they all start to look the same and its just a matter of serifs or derpy looking chars like jetsets Q and M

take off font smoothing and scale down text to less than 16pt in photoshop and you'll see what i mean, all the little things that differentiate fonts basically go away

fuk all 3 are pretty similar in a lot of ways

fonts.png

see what i mean about jetsets capital Q tho, idk why but it bugs the shit out of me

:worried:

:shrug: they're basically done now anyways, i dont think theres much to be done aside from recoloring and renaming files

i guess i could upload 'em now but i'd rather test a bit and make sure i didn't derp anything too big

Back