Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

This mod could be the 2nd coming of christ(eg tribes) in regards to physics & gfx etc but its an instant auto fail cause crysis engine doesnt have a playerbase that can support a mp mod, well not one that will ever see more than 20 ppl worldwide at a time. They'd be better off preparing 2d/3d art assets and waiting for carmacks new engine etc.

If we were discussing a new dev team who was making a game for people and intended to sell it, then I could see the importance of choosing an engine/game with a MP base.

I own crysis. If they made a mod for UT (which I do not own) and they got it to beta and it looked like something I would like, I would go buy UT.

MP base means shit if you are talking about tribes. Get it working. If it is good, people will talk about it and if they want to play it they can go get the damn game.

you pick a game you like (visuals, gui, whatever) and go from there. If you do not own Crysis, or have a machine that can run it then sit your poor ass in a corner and wait for more videos. If you want to play it with us, then work more hours at Taco Bell or wherever you can to earn the money.

Rise looks like it has potential but until we see more and maybe get a chance to play it, let them do their work.

MG

Legions will suck, if anything the fact that a mod made by a bunch of amateurs (I'm assuming) looks more promising than a game being made by professionals can attest to that. Whether it will come to fruition or not is not the point, because a realized turd is still a turd.
See, every time the word "Legions" is typed, you go into attack mode, regardless of the context. Someone needs to spray some bitter apple on your keyboard.

Anyways, good luck fellas. If you can pull it off, I'll definitely try it out. :)

I like how a lot of you are giving credit to an amateur modder for most of what the professional development team who made Crysis created. It looks good because that's the engine... that's what it does. "Rise" didn't make the terrain engine or the mega textures and world objects you see and are drooling over. Did "Rise" make the physics engine that sits under all of what you see in those few minutes of skiing?

All I see is a weapon model, a projectile and some tinkering with the physics variables. It's looks neat, because that's Crysis for you.

I'm not even trying to talk down the guys making "Rise". Good for them, I hope they have some success that's fun because it does look pretty on film. I'm more at issue with the fanboy bandwagon who see a few minutes of skiing on film and they're ready to sell their souls and crucify what ever "Tribes Project" came right before it.

Fuck T:V, We have Legends!
Fuck Legends, We have Legacy!
Fuck Legacy, We have Legions!
Fuck Legions, We have Rise!
Fuck Rise, We have....

I like how a lot of you are giving credit to an amateur modder for most of what the professional development team who made Crysis created. It looks good because that's the engine... that's what it does. "Rise" didn't make the terrain engine or the mega textures and world objects you see and are drooling over. Did "Rise" make the physics engine that sits under all of what you see in those few minutes of skiing?

All I see is a weapon model, a projectile and some tinkering with the physics variables. It's looks neat, because that's Crysis for you.

I'm not even trying to talk down the guys making "Rise". Good for them, I hope they have some success that's fun because it does look pretty on film. I'm more at issue with the fanboy bandwagon who see a few minutes of skiing on film and they're ready to sell their souls and crucify what ever "Tribes Project" came right before it.

Fuck T:V, We have Legends!
Fuck Legends, We have Legacy!
Fuck Legacy, We have Legions!
Fuck Legions, We have Rise!
Fuck Rise, We have....

You know what I find really funny. This pre-alpha video got me more pumped then Legions finished "trailer" recently released. Better music, better everything. LMAO

How can people rush and release such shit. UGH

You know what I find really funny. This pre-alpha video got me more pumped then Legions finished "trailer" recently released. Better music, better everything. LMAO

Haha, same with me. I hope you guys can finish and release this mod, it looks really promising.

the only thing i would really add is this. if you can't make the vehicles make sense and positively and seamlessly add to the gameplay then just stick to the three armors only.

T1 vehicles were largely irrelevant.
T2 vehicles were retarded and OP.
T:V again, retarded vehicles.

nobody has had vehicles that were both useful and balanced w/o having to have a hard counter like heat seaking retardo rockets.

Back