Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour? by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?
Page 2 of 36
View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 40 27.97%
No 103 72.03%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 04-01-2016, 20:47
most of those jobs r being staffed by the working poor

take a dose of reality sometime

Sponsored Links
DrJonez
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 04-01-2016, 20:48
http://www.epi.org/publication/chart...ge-stagnation/

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
23 - 04-01-2016, 20:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxbudd View Post
ill say it again. there is no fixing libtards. lou, and everyone like him needs to be killed asap. the world is ****ed, and peep like him r the #1 biggest problem that can only be solved with their death, to remove them from direct world ****ing, and removing them from gene pool so as not to spread their libtard disease to future generations. world civil war needs to start now.
I just said I'm against the minimum wage and this is your knee-jerk response.

You really are ****ing retarded.

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
24 - 04-01-2016, 20:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
minimum wage is meant for those just starting to join the workforce.
No, the jobs that only pay "minimum wage" are meant for those just starting to join the workforce.

It's sad and all if you're 40 years old and the only thing you're qualified to do is flip burgers, but no employer should be paying you more because you dropped out when there's a high school kid just as capable of doing the same **** for half the pay.

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
25 - 04-01-2016, 21:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
I just said I'm against the minimum wage and this is your knee-jerk response.

You really are ****ing retarded.
uve proven youself totally ****ed for many yrs. im snappin off now cuz world is finally realizing **** needs to b fixed, and blood spilling is the only way its gonna happen.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 04-01-2016, 21:18
High school should have education to work programs and everyone should have a marketable skill that matches current market needs.

I know in my state they are closing vocational programs to replace them with college prep programs. I feel thats a move in the wrong direction.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
27 - 04-01-2016, 21:44
Potato

Sent from my Samsung S6 Active using Tapatalk

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 04-01-2016, 21:45
It funny the fact that tw old farts are against this idea. Go guess. Try to be 20s and early 30s these days and then come tell me that minimum wages are for "kids"...... It's like a joke. Remember old farts, you were the ones who consequently voted for the same **** politicians ****ers for decades - reason why the generation of 1985 and up are all ****ed..... Getting minimum wages in **** **** jobs... That are even caressed..... Try to compete with 300 more people for one ****ing clueless job to get a ****ing minimum wage, and then come ****ing tell me those kinds of salary are for ****ing kids..... God damn it. Im mad.... Spxngg, add me to the God damn ****ing mad list of 2016 already please.

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
29 - 04-01-2016, 21:50
People don't want to actually work. They want $15 a hour to flip burgers. I got a lot of guys hired at various plumbing jobs only for them to quit because the job required actual work. People are lazy and stupid.

If it were up to me they would starve.

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 04-01-2016, 21:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
and balancing a budget and doing taxes and understanding loan terms. Average 18 year old doesn't understand any of that. They can vote(but don't). They're also generally not worth $15/hour.

Raising minimum wage across the board is bad, but its appropriate for some areas. Wage system in general needs an overhaul as more jobs get replaced by automation($15/hr min wage will only encourage this). Hopefully we'll get basic income at some point.
and that's exactly the problem. Even the experts who are advocating for a minimum wage increase to $15 have acknowledged that it will cause companies to employ less workers over the long term. This means that some people will earn higher wages, while others will be driven out of the workforce entirely. How is that going to be good for people who are already struggling to find a job? Prices will always adjust as they have in the past with each previous minimum wage hike and the net positive effect goes away almost immediately. This time will be no different, so the entire argument is pointless. The low wage worker still ends up taking it in the rear and becomes even less attractive due to automation advances.

I think there's going to be no choice eventually, the government will need to setup basic income.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 04-01-2016, 21:55
A big problem is the consumerist whore culture thats been cultivated here for the past 100 years.

People buy pointless **** and shamelessly surrender financial freedom in order to drown in a sea of plastic and silicon.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Greedo909
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 04-01-2016, 21:55
Higher minimum wage will just make a larger part of the population unemployable. Which employer is going to pay someone $15/hr when they are only capable of bringing $8/hr of production to the table. They won't, they will simply just not hire them and invest in cheap skilled labor(such as lobbying for immigration/H1B's) as well as automation. The people that lobby for minimum wage hikes are generally selfish assholes with relatively tenured positions(organized labor) that don't want unskilled competition or idiots that somehow think they're getting vastly underpaid while ignoring the blatant truth that other employers aren't lining up to hire them away for higher wages. They demagogue this by pointing to people that can't support their families with minimum wage--but these are precisely the same people that will be unemployed with a minimum wage hike and be even less capable of supporting a family.

bam
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 04-01-2016, 23:47
The costs of goods and services in CA are going to skyrocket before 2022. The cost of living will far exceed the 15/hr @ 40/hrs a week theoretical rate.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
34 - 04-01-2016, 23:56
**** people
Trickle down derpenomics!

Woo Reagan!

bourg778
VeteranX
Old
35 - 04-02-2016, 00:09
i make minimum wage and i think it's wrong. i don't deserve $10 an hour for what I do, let alone $15. i don't care that I make less, I don't deserve more money for such an unskilled job

Greedo909
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 04-02-2016, 00:13
If liberals are so compassionate, why do they support prevailing wage programs that have always been in place to keep unskilled workers(mainly minorities) from joining the workforce and competing with established workers? I thought liberals were opposed to structural violence. Like pretty much anything else, their principles go out the window when their stream of income is on the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jv1Zae0sgo

Davis–Bacon Act

Quote:
In that context, the protests against the Long Island hospital built with migrant labor can be seen for what they were: resistance outside of the Jim Crow South to black workers.[7] During this time, complaints about black workers taking federal construction jobs appear sporadically through the legislation history of both prior bills that anticipated Davis-Bacon, and Davis-Bacon itself.[5][27] On the floor of the House of Representatives, Congressman Upshaw said: "You will not think that a southern man is more than human if he smiles over the fact of your reaction to that real problem you are confronted with in any community with a superabundance or large aggregation of negro labor."[7][28] U.S. Congressman John J. Cochran (D-Missouri) reported that he had "received numerous complaints in recent months about southern contractors employing low-paid colored mechanics getting work and bringing the employees from the South".[7] U.S. Congressman Clayton Allgood (D-Alabama) reported on "cheap colored labor" that "is in competition with white labor throughout the country".

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
37 - 04-02-2016, 00:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
those jobs used 2 pay a livable income

theres no reason they cant now
There is a reason
Jews

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 04-02-2016, 00:59
Quote:

According to a document obtained by The Times, the negotiated deal would boost California's statewide minimum wage from $10 an hour to $10.50 on Jan. 1, 2017, with a 50-cent increase in 2018 and then $1-per-year increases through 2022. Businesses with fewer than 25 employees would have an extra year to comply, delaying their workers receiving a $15 hourly wage until 2023.

Future statewide minimum wage increases would be linked to inflation, but a governor would have the power to temporarily block some of the initial increases in the event of an economic downturn.
80% robot automation by 2023

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7SaO0JAHk

Last edited by Dangerdoggie; 04-02-2016 at 01:01..
-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 04-02-2016, 06:43
So who here can explain how raising the minimum wage (or instituting a 'basic income') won't affect the prices of goods and services?

Seems the proponents of these ideas are trying to give the illusion that those costs will remain static in dynamic markets.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 04-02-2016, 06:57
Yes and no.

I do not support raising minimum wage to $15/hr. Labor is a commodity/product and you cannot artificially set the price of a product, the market determines the cost.

However, I do support raising the minimum wage to 11.50. People working minimum wage are below the poverty line and because of that are eligible for government assistance. Government assistance for people that actually work costs the American taxpayer approximately 7 billion dollars a year. To get those people above the poverty line and off gov't assistance the minimum wage should be raised to $11.50 an hour.

Companies that can not pay their employees 11.50 an hour will just get eaten up by larger companies that can. Thats how business works.

If you do not support raising the minimum wage to 11.50 an hour, what you are effectively saying is that you support supplementing the profit margins of multi-billion dollar multi-national companies with your tax money, These companies know the effect of their wages on the economy and make a point to educate their employees on how to get on gov't assistance. It's another form of corporate welfare.

Page 2 of 36

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert