Old
41 - 11-25-2009, 12:18
LT.

Sponsored Links
TooSmoothe
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 11-25-2009, 12:34
Opsayo is the cockiest nobody I've ever met in tribes. Also, hands down the most annoying person I've ever heard talk on vent.

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
43 - 11-25-2009, 12:36
The proper way to finally kill a dwindling game is to
1.) Have a game mode that removes most of the depth of the original, and play it with teams 2x as large as are appropriate
2.) on the occasion you get a decent base pub going, immediately ruin it by changing it to a bad pug.

Spiderman
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 11-25-2009, 12:39
i dont understand why a bunch of hacking renegade players wont pick me in teh picksupss

... probably because you werent a hacking renegade player?

spockhammer
AlwaysCryingXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 11-25-2009, 13:33
he is tew g00d

RC
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 11-25-2009, 13:44
I cant even remember what LT is.. I was out of the game by then.

I think Tribes was at it's peak around the time of Tribes Gala.

perrinoia
VeteranX
Old
47 - 11-25-2009, 13:55
I dunno what the abbreviation stands for, but from what I've seen, it's basically a set of maps with no inventory stations. Some of them have client side terrain, and none of them have client side buildings or other shapefiles. I don't know why, perhaps they decided that it was for skilled players only, and noobs didn't know how or where to download the map pack.... Perhaps it's Light Tribes, since spawn armor in base is light. I dunno.

I remember playing Tribes one day, and somebody joined the server just to ***** about how nooby inventory stations were. So I went to his server (after downloading the map pack) to see what all the fuss was about. I proceeded to do what I thought was owning them, which was basically killing them, stealing their flag, eluding them, and bringing their flag back to mine. They *****ed about everything I did, and kept voting to kick me. First I was apparently whoring, then I was chaser chasing, and the straw that broke the camel's back was actually capturing the flag. Apparently that was against the rules. They just wanted you to grab the flag and ski around for several hours without getting killed, perhaps practice passing the flag back and forth, I dunno. I prefer to accomplish the objectives that are written into the game, but that's just me, I guess.

Thresh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 11-25-2009, 13:57
^^ wtf is that

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 11-25-2009, 14:08
For the record, the dudes that still play LT religiously are 95% beast. Its impossible for that scene to grow though, you'll never get picked and even if you do you will be ridiculed for missing a flag pass and never want to play again.

Thats why we need PlayTribes or some other kind of catalyst to get more old players / new players who aren't very good back in the game so that we can grow instead of have the same 20 people in every pickup

puncho
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 11-25-2009, 14:10
Is this thread for me?

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 11-25-2009, 14:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishStix View Post
For the record, the dudes that still play LT religiously are 95% beast. Its impossible for that scene to grow though, you'll never get picked and even if you do you will be ridiculed for missing a flag pass and never want to play again.

Thats why we need PlayTribes or some other kind of catalyst to get more old players / new players who aren't very good back in the game so that we can grow instead of have the same 20 people in every pickup
dude

it's over

Tribes is dead

let it go

Ecrofkrad
VeteranX
Old
52 - 11-25-2009, 14:12
i welcome all vets to LT who want to play

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 11-25-2009, 14:13
say it as many times as you want, I still enjoy Tribes 1 every now and again. so in that sense, it ain't dead. 95% of the time you can find a full base / LT server which is what I played any way.

not like I want to be playing it hours a day like I used to, I do more important e-things

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 11-25-2009, 14:14

perrinoia
VeteranX
Old
55 - 11-25-2009, 14:14
Tribes is alive and well, in our hearts and minds (and computers).

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
56 - 11-25-2009, 14:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeIppon View Post
1.) Have a game mode that removes most of the depth of the original, and play it with teams 2x as large as are appropriate
2.) on the occasion you get a decent base pub going, immediately ruin it by changing it to a bad pug.

1.) Not release any mods
2.) Watch tribes die in... 2002

You are complaining about bad admining of servers, not LT.

somespareid
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 11-25-2009, 14:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrinoia View Post
First I was apparently whoring, then I was chaser chasing, and the straw that broke the camel's back was actually capturing the flag. Apparently that was against the rules. They just wanted you to grab the flag and ski around for several hours without getting killed, perhaps practice passing the flag back and forth, I dunno. I prefer to accomplish the objectives that are written into the game, but that's just me, I guess.
if they were all on the same team TKing for the flag, they were playing 'smear the queer' or whatever it's called. that was a pretty fun game, as long as people didn't chain-whore

but if they were just flag-passing, then that gets boring

Ecrofkrad
VeteranX
Old
58 - 11-25-2009, 15:14
part of the problem is a lot of old T1 players try to play in pickups but dont get picked.. none of the current top players play in LT pubs so i wouldnt recommend going there to see what its all about. if enough of you come back there can be multiple LT pickups every day, i think youd find it quite fun

Rosco-SS
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 11-25-2009, 16:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
Without LT tribes would have died 5 years ago, and it really only came in once Base began it's 10th round suck fest.

I've always loved LT (for all the reasons I've always said: No hiding behind your team, forces individual skill, better teamwork, heightened versions of all Light Pack options (LO, LD Chase, LD Home, Capping) etc). It's become a vastly different game than even when I first played it, but it's not hard to adapt. There is **** you see people doing now that would be matrix-calibre during base's time (the 180 degree beacon jumps, MA-gren launching, etc).

I can understand it would be frustrating to just come back now. Everyone smurfs, everyone is a douche, everyone cg's nonstop and you get spammed to ****ing high heaven, but it's still tribes at it's core, and it's still a blast to play in the right circumstances.

If you want in a PU, you're going to have a hard time. The few that usually run them pick their friends because they have more fun and they are typically other fulltime LT people (aka higher skill). It's annoying as **** when you see some Pug scrub get picked over you (and you sit there going '**** that I own that piece of ****, **** these ******s') , but all I can recommend is offering to captain (secret free way in!), or offering to play Home D since no one wants to play it.

Or just befriend some of them. I run a fine line of 50/50 love/hate me so it's really a dice roll on being chosen or deliberately being skipped :p

gl!
hi chris

RedSpider
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 11-25-2009, 17:49
I join tribes servers at 3am, cap out maps then drop from the server as soon as it changes to some queer map that was never played in base.

Its about all the enjoyment I can get out of T1 aside from the few times someone will message me about a base pickup.

Page 3 of 15

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page The state of T1.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
i wish i could be opsayo , itt: opsayo acts cool , lol , opsayo is so cool , opsayo sucks donkey dicks