Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese

HumDumpin

Re
Veteran XV
Made some pulled pork mac and cheese last night, this is one of my favorites.

Got the recipe from here so I'll be brief with the ingredients and assume you will just go there if you want to make it yourself.

Started off with some diced onion caramelized with butter, added some flour to make a roux, then slowly added milk to the mix and got that to a thick slow simmer. At that point I added my home-made BBQ sauce. I had already made the noodles which were waiting to be mixed in later. Here is the roux/milk/bbq sauce mixture.
OOpXfc.jpg

I made some pulled pork a few weeks back that was defrosted in the bowl, cheese is ready to go, and the panco is measured for later.
svbait.jpg

Melting in the cheese.
OFqtsS.jpg

Mixed the melted cheese sauce with noodles and pulled pork.
lAemQJ.jpg

Poured the mixture into a couple pyrex dishes.
NeOqrB.jpg

Panco on top.
N05fN1.jpg

Baked for 45 mins then put some egyptian onions on top.
0hnOAG.jpg

Sliced after cooling down.
DiHbR6.jpg

I thought the onion/roux and milk mixture was strange enough, adding the BBQ sauce to it seemed even more odd to me, but after tasting it I can totally see using that with some sort of beef cut.

i like the idea sort of but i would never make this and dont think i would like it

i can see beef being better but i still dont think bbq sauce and pasta go together

i like the idea sort of but i would never make this and dont think i would like it

i can see beef being better but i still dont think bbq sauce and pasta go together

Yea I thought it was a very strange addition also, but it really does improve the flavor a lot (at least with my home-made BBQ sauce which isn't anything too crazy unusual). Gives it a hint of heat to go along with the pork.

Back