[Legions] What pissses me off the most by Wish Bear - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most
Page 15 of 25
Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
281 - 06-27-2008, 18:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Not really, considering you get height and speed much QUICKER with a rocket jump than you do with overdrive, they both have their uses. Also you wouldn't have any idea since you don't actually play the game.

BUT OMG WTF DIRECTIONAL CHANGES AT SUPER HIGH SPEED, aren't actually possible. At all. And since your either a ****ing retarded peice of ****, or trolling (probably both) you'll most likely argue this point even though EVERYONE who plays the game knows otherwise.

edit : unless you hit a wall or a curve in a hill and perfectly time a rocket jump, similar to a high speed directional change in T1.

A direct flip 180 in overdrive takes you all the way down to 10-20 and then builds back up from there. A smart defender can cut off a player flipping a 180 in overdrive , do a single rocket jump and catch up.

A broad 180 in overdrive loses between 40-60, and a steady overdrive in a straight line will slowly build speed.

It doesn't suprise me that you don't know what you are talking about, and I don't know why I just wasted time correcting you (darkstrand) because you'll probably come back with some lame ****ing attempt to argue with me about something you have absolutely zero knowledge on.
so blitz why do you post here since everyone thinks your opinion is retarded and NOBODY is going to play legions?

Sponsored Links
Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
282 - 06-27-2008, 18:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
really after leaving this thread at over a day ago you were still debating the term consistency with my first MA

are you so ****ing dense in the ****ing overly inefficient head of yours that you feel the need to further debate two different posts as the same ****ing post

Here I'll do the explaining and you'll still fail to realize the ****ing point of my statement you failed to comprehend

1 round of playing to achieve my first MA
1 day to consistently MA people
TV 1 week to consistently MA People

heres another way of explaining it
after a day of ****ing playing I'm able to consistently score MA's in Legions in which my first MA was achieved in the first round of ever playing Legions...
After a week of ****ing playing TV I was able to consistently score MA's

In NO was shape or form did I say my 1st MA meant I was able to consistently MA people, You assumed that stupdly.

It was my second post that I elaborated on the simplicity of Legions and why it sucks, which you still are failing to realize the difference between the first ****ing post and the second post.

If you played in a pickup with decent players you'd get your silly little noob ass ****ing dominated. Sit the **** down Mr. I can ma nubs on day 1.

People got Mid airs in the first half hour of testing legions, and we all sucked a fat one.

Some amazing logic IN DIS HERE THREAD.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
283 - 06-27-2008, 18:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro View Post
i dont find it tedious...was learning tribes tedious? im not sure i understand why its any more or less "tedious". personally, i find ground hugging point and shoot games tedious. games that challenge me are fun.
Tribes didn't have tons of unnecessary keys. Down jetting is in fact completely retarded. It's an extra key you have to worry about in order to go fast. That's part of the definition of tedious: extra bull**** to accomplish the same task. The way the ski/jump/jet controls are arranged is also tedious. We already mastered one way, and simply changing it doesn't make it "hard", it makes it ****ing stupid. No one with a mind of their own wants to waste time getting used to the new configuration just to do the same damn thing. And with the way they have it designed, you can't just change the controls to have it work the same as before as you could in T:V. With Tribes, for the most part if you stop paying attention to your movement, you keep moving as you just were unless you hit the ground and don't ski. In Legions, you pretty much slow to a stop in a second. Having to pay more attention and worry about more things to accomplish the same tasks = "tedious". Not "difficult".

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
284 - 06-27-2008, 18:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstrand View Post
so blitz why do you post here since everyone thinks your opinion is retarded and NOBODY is going to play legions?
Nobody? I played in a pub last night with 3 people from TW.

Why can't you accept the fact that you are talking about **** that you have zero knowledge of. And instead of addressing that, you revert back to LOL BLITZ ISN'T IN THE COOL CLUB.

You are an idiot, and don't know what your talking about, yet you insist on arguing elements of legions gameplay, when again, clearly you have no idea what your talking about.

LOL ZOMG SUPER HIGH SPEED DIRECTIONAL CHANGES.

right.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 06-27-2008, 18:56
Quote:
fyi <--playing legions and "someone"

why do you care who plays legions if you dont want to play? people like blitz only care because they enjoy the game and more people playing means more players to play against. your (and nofix's etc) strong motivations to keep talking **** elude me..

Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
286 - 06-27-2008, 18:56
Quote:
Nobody? I played in a pub last night with 3 people from TW.

Why can't you accept the fact that you are talking about **** that you have zero knowledge of. And instead of addressing that, you revert back to LOL BLITZ ISN'T IN THE COOL CLUB.

You are an idiot, and don't know what your talking about, yet you insist on arguing elements of legions gameplay, when again, clearly you have no idea what your talking about.

LOL ZOMG SUPER HIGH SPEED DIRECTIONAL CHANGES.

right.
3 whole people really?

3 whole people

rofl

**** more people played isketch from teedub last night

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
287 - 06-27-2008, 19:00
Quote:
I personally don't think legions is going to be a huge success, but i also don't care. it will certainly be moderately successful and continue as such for a while because of its accessibility and price. i certainly have a lot of fun playing it and i continue to figure out new things in game and improve overall. the best games typically are around ten people at the moment and i really only pub, so it doesnt honestly matter how popular it is.

QFT.

People always said T:V was such a failure, and to many of you it was. That is fine, but since I enjoyed tribes and each game for what it was I played them all. And while everyone was calling T:V a failure and 5150 dropped the ladder, I kept playing for a good 2+ years after that, still had bi weekly pickups and matches every other week, TWL had an active LT ladder for quite some time, and the CTF ladder saw activity for quite a while after that. Also the blood eagle mini league had quite a bit of 'decent' healthy competition for a long time as well. I enjoyed and played the game with *GASP* the same amount of activity that the other Tribes games had INCLUDING T1 (when comparing base T1 to T:V)

So again, do I think it will have 10k players for years probably not, but will it have enough players to have decent pubs nightly , pickups, and at some point healthy competition for a while? yes it will, and I'll be there through it all while you guys are playing gay ****** games like counterstrike and battlefield 3.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
288 - 06-27-2008, 19:00
one extra key is not the same as tons of extra keys first of all...

i personally have gotten to the point where its second nature to me to jet down when necessary. i dont spend significant extra effort thinking about it while playing. if you wanna keep moving just hold down ski like you would in tribes? o and you can switch two keys by hitting esc>keybindings to make it the same as tribes (with the addition of those tons of down jet keys of course)

edit: yet again i dont see the downjet as tedious. it adds extra freedom of movement which is the whole point of fps+z

Last edited by perro; 06-27-2008 at 19:04..
Fox
VeteranX
Old
289 - 06-27-2008, 19:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
Tribes didn't have tons of unnecessary keys. Down jetting is in fact completely retarded. It's an extra key you have to worry about in order to go fast. That's part of the definition of tedious: extra bull**** to accomplish the same task.

[...]

Having to pay more attention and worry about more things to accomplish the same tasks = "tedious". Not "difficult".
You know, you could probably pretend the key isn't there. From what other people have said, simply using up-jet works find but I wouldn't mind an extra down-jet key just in case I need it.

But then again, maybe down-jet is a lot more important than I think.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
290 - 06-27-2008, 19:04
Quote:
Tribes didn't have tons of unnecessary keys. Down jetting is in fact completely retarded. It's an extra key you have to worry about in order to go fast. That's part of the definition of tedious

you again, prove that you don't know what your talking about. I 100% garuntee that any player that effectively uses his downjet as opposed to you not using it will go significantly faster than you. Plain and simple.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
291 - 06-27-2008, 19:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
Tribes didn't have tons of unnecessary keys. Down jetting is in fact completely retarded. It's an extra key you have to worry about in order to go fast. That's part of the definition of tedious: extra bull**** to accomplish the same task. The way the ski/jump/jet controls are arranged is also tedious. We already mastered one way, and simply changing it doesn't make it "hard", it makes it ****ing stupid. No one with a mind of their own wants to waste time getting used to the new configuration just to do the same damn thing. And with the way they have it designed, you can't just change the controls to have it work the same as before as you could in T:V. With Tribes, for the most part if you stop paying attention to your movement, you keep moving as you just were unless you hit the ground and don't ski. In Legions, you pretty much slow to a stop in a second. Having to pay more attention and worry about more things to accomplish the same tasks = "tedious". Not "difficult".
Eh. Newcomers have actually found it pretty intuitive. Most non-Tribes-vets are using defaults. That said, the first thing I did when I started playing was switch it over to a more Tribesesque control scheme.

To each their own. For the old vets, rebinding the controls is readily accessible, so I can't see the huge problem.

As far as downjet goes... it can be used to come in at the flag at absurdly difficult angles to detect/defend against. I've used it in combat when I'm playing against somebody good enough to pull off an MA with decent consistency if I don't consciously dodge. It has its place in Legions.

Both of those are among the things I'd consider *****ing and moaning, not actual things that need to be addressed. I have no problem responding to stuff like this in the interlude between now and better physics/new content.

Last edited by Rampancy; 06-27-2008 at 19:07..
Fox
VeteranX
Old
292 - 06-27-2008, 19:06
Quote:
QFT.
I enjoyed and played the game with *GASP* the same amount of activity that the other Tribes games had INCLUDING T1 (when comparing base T1 to T:V)
Let's be a bit more realistic here. T:V didn't have nearly the same amount of activity T1 or T2 had.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
293 - 06-27-2008, 19:06
Quote:
you again, prove that you don't know what your talking about. I 100% garuntee that any player that effectively uses his downjet as opposed to you not using it will go significantly faster than you. Plain and simple.
You need to work on some reading comprehension.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
294 - 06-27-2008, 19:06
Quote:
3 whole people really?

3 whole people

rofl

**** more people played isketch from teedub last night
you are still avoiding the fact that I called you out for talking out of your ass. Your holding a stance in an argument with zero validity and reverting back to LOL NOBODY PLAYS instead of actually addressing the point.

Considering there are a ton of people smurfing on TW, like the noob I was referring to last night I have no idea how many people from TW are actually playing it, but I know quite a few that post here and play in both the pickups and pubs.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 06-27-2008, 19:07
do you comprehend my points while reading kry...id like some logical replies that arent unreasoned/ignorant hate.

Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
296 - 06-27-2008, 19:07
Quote:
you are still avoiding the fact that I called you out for talking out of your ass. Your holding a stance in an argument with zero validity and reverting back to LOL NOBODY PLAYS instead of actually addressing the point.

Considering there are a ton of people smurfing on TW, like the noob I was referring to last night I have no idea how many people from TW are actually playing it, but I know quite a few that post here and play in both the pickups and pubs.
I've played legions before. If people had to play literally 2,000 hours of a computer game (like you have with legions) to review it then there would be NO reviews.

I gave it plenty of time. I was excited going in and I wanted it to rock. It's a terrible ****ing game that will never have the smallest amount of success.

the only question is how epic it's failure will be.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
297 - 06-27-2008, 19:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Let's be a bit more realistic here. T:V didn't have nearly the same amount of activity T1 or T2 had.
Yes, I know that. I was referring to the amount of players playing T1 and T2 at the time that T:V was considered dead in which case it was about the same amount playing all 3.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
298 - 06-27-2008, 19:10
I kept the default bindings. I'm a vet but I wanted to learn the new key setup so that I'd remember that the movement is different, and that downjet is important.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
299 - 06-27-2008, 19:10
how can you say you gave it plenty of time when you clearly dont understand it? (you know, like how you dont understand OD vs. rocket jumping) ive played for a total of like 30-40 hours over the last month since being let in beta and i somehow seem to have understood much more after my first week.

<--default/3rd person here

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
300 - 06-27-2008, 19:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by perro View Post
do you comprehend my points while reading kry...id like some logical replies that arent unreasoned/ignorant hate.
The problem is I don't ****ing care what the gameplay of Legions is like. As I said in my discussion with Rampancy, Tribes is dead to me, and that includes all games similar to it. I might still play Tribes occasionally just because I've already mastered it and can play it effectively without any practice for months, but there's no ****ing way I'm going to waste time getting used to a game that's only different in ways that make it worse.

Page 15 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , blitz sucks dev cock here , ender has herpes lol , fagmotron , free gon , i snipe cops , kill cops 4 great justice , legions , lolz browser , matthew dewald is fat , nerdvirgins , play in browser , rampancy sucks ia cock , t1>legions pos why play