Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II
Page 4 of 104
izod
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 03-16-2008, 19:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuFu View Post
the CL is a crapshoot. see: inter milan.

but i guess thats like callin the WC a crapshoot. shrug.
nah, inter wasnt a big surprise, the italian league is behind the other leagues in terms of quality these days

though the red cards didnt help, certainly

what is a surprise is fulham winning today

Sponsored Links
caelum
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 03-16-2008, 19:36
another PL title for us

Ascoe
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 03-17-2008, 01:58
heh. too bad about today.

hoping barca can show up in the copa del ray 2nd leg this week.

(the day I understand soccer refs, I think I'll have to play the lottery)

bloodymess
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 03-17-2008, 05:23
west ham brings on an 18 year old first timer and scores a divng header to win it! great ****in game

edit: he is a long time west ham fan so hopefully he doesn't go the way of Lampard, cole, defoe , etc.....

Last edited by bloodymess; 03-19-2008 at 19:02..
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 03-17-2008, 15:22
Mexico failed to qualify for the knock-out round of the Olympic Qualifying

Instead, Canada beat them out on gd (beating Guatemala out 5-0 compared to Mexico beating out Haiti 5-1)

Canada has drawn the US and Guatemala has drawn Honduras for the semis, the winners of the two matches qualify for the Olympics.

Golazo
Old
66 - 03-17-2008, 15:49
does de resoario play for canada

JohnMcClane
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 03-17-2008, 15:51
I didn't get to post yet about how happy I am about a Fulham victory off of a Brian McBride goal!

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 03-17-2008, 16:09
Quote:
does de resoario play for canada
He does, but he's a *little* old to be playing in the u23 match

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 03-17-2008, 16:15
caelum is the standard type of obnoxious Man Utd. fan. Why does that club attract so many ******s?

hobbit
Veteran++
Old
70 - 03-17-2008, 16:45
I don't know.

but we/they could do without them.

Just like the turbinators sat behind sir Alex every match... you're just watching for a bomb to go off.

On another note, will be following Sears' career with interest.

caelum
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 03-17-2008, 16:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
caelum is the standard type of obnoxious Man Utd. fan. Why does that club attract so many ******s?
How am I obnoxious? because Manu is gonna to win the PL? Im just pointing out the OBVIOUS , I also like Sunderland and Fulham just as much

Golazo
Old
72 - 03-17-2008, 17:26
chelsea are 5 pts behind man u with a game in hand and a game vs them at stamford bridge (aka #1 counting a W)

$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 03-17-2008, 18:30
Quote:
chelsea are 5 pts behind man u with a game in hand and a game vs them at stamford bridge (aka #1 counting a W)
Both manU and chelsa are on 29 games. They both have 1 game in hand on Arse.

Golazo
Old
74 - 03-19-2008, 02:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMw05uk4LRE

to the title!

Glare
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 03-19-2008, 08:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
I don't know.

but we/they could do without them.

Just like the turbinators sat behind sir Alex every match... you're just watching for a bomb to go off.

On another note, will be following Sears' career with interest.
LOL @ turbinators

manchester apparently has a huge indian and a huge gay community from what i hear

true or false?

pino
VeteranX
Old
76 - 03-19-2008, 10:01
just saw the Sears goal, what a cool story, that kid was playing out of his mind

inkja
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 03-19-2008, 10:18
I think Fulham are in trouble, they got a good victory against Everton, but if they come to St. James on Saturday and lose I think they could be down. I hope that Newcastle's 2nd half perfomance on Monday was enough to get a bit of form and morale into the team. It really is a must win.

Newcastle are certainly a much better team on paper, the only issue at the moment is confidence and luck.

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 03-19-2008, 10:24
fulham's remaining schedule:

* at Newcastle
* at Derby County
* vs. Sunderland
* at Reading
* vs. Liverpool
* at Manchester City
* vs. Birmingham
* at Portsmouth

i think they can do it even if they dont beat the geordies this saturday. bolton, birmingham, and sunderland all have very difficult finishes to their seasons. much more difficult than fulhams.

they are also starting to play better football and they are gaining confidence. eddie johnson, while still very raw, has already improved immensely from his 1st appearance and i'm betting he will grab his 1st premiership goal this saturday.

it should be a good match and i can see it going either way. i think hodgson's got keegan destroyed when it comes to the tactical game though, and hopefully that will be the deciding factor.

then again martins could have 2 or 3 1on1's with kasey keller and that could decide the game as well.

ResolvE
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 03-19-2008, 10:28
oh snaps spurs v ******s AKA CHELSEA, looks like we will be taking 0 points again.

inkja
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 03-19-2008, 10:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
fulham's remaining schedule:

* at Newcastle
* at Derby County
* vs. Sunderland
* at Reading
* vs. Liverpool
* at Manchester City
* vs. Birmingham
* at Portsmouth

i think they can do it even if they dont beat the geordies this saturday. bolton, birmingham, and sunderland all have very difficult finishes to their seasons. much more difficult than fulhams.

they are also starting to play better football and they are gaining confidence. eddie johnson, while still very raw, has already improved immensely from his 1st appearance and i'm betting he will grab his 1st premiership goal this saturday.

it should be a good match and i can see it going either way. i think hodgson's got keegan destroyed when it comes to the tactical game though, and hopefully that will be the deciding factor.

then again martins could have 2 or 3 1on1's with kasey keller and that could decide the game as well.
I'm not sure really, the other teams have difficult run ins, but so do Fulham. You have to remember that they're several points ahead of Fulham too. The only thing going for Fulham is the fact that many of the games left are against fellow relegation rivals, so at least their destiny is in their own hands still. A lot of big games coming up for every relegation threatened team.

I really don't think Hudson has Keegan beat tactically, Kev will go all out attack and if the confidence is there - that could be a problem for Fulham. Newcastle scoring the first goal is all important. As we saw against Birmingham on Monday, they have the potential to slice through defences once they get working. IMO Birmingham were lucky to escape with a draw, after half time Keegan got some of the big names to roll up their socks (finally) and start playing, and it seemed to work. Hopefully they'll continue that attitude and work ethic on Saturday. It was the first time in ages I've seen the team fight back from being comfortably under the thumb to putting in a worthy performance.

Seeing how that attitude was in an away game, with 52,000 geordies shouting them on at home I can see a more confident Newcastle team coming out and playing well. I think the only reason why Kev's tactics haven't been working recently is because the team was in such a negative and defense orientated mindset previously, whereas hopefully now they've reached the turning point and can start being positive. You can't play attacking football without having the right mental and morale state.

I think you're right though, should be an exciting game and it could go either way. Whatever happens it'll be a gritty game, there's so much to play for, and although it won't decide anything, it would be a massive three points to both teams.

Last edited by inkja; 03-19-2008 at 10:44..
Page 4 of 104

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is faggot , free gon , i hate niggers and jews