Death Punch Studios filling positions.

yeah because this:

Halo_Reach_-_Sangheili_Officer.png

looks like this:

GroupShot.png

Stfu, you fail.

quoted for posterity

Damn It! I don't want to read 18 pages.

Let me guess though... 18 pages of bashing Renegaydes and discouraging this idea?

I'll never understood why anyone ever wanted to change the beauty of "Base".

and ive never understood the optimism among the tribes community that tribes remake projects will succeed... after every single one of them has failed (including those that actually completed something)

I've had the crazy notion of the different teams pulling together their resources, but I doubt that would happen without something going wrong politically. People need to start thinking bigger than just 'Tribes remake', there needs to be a game made that is fun for the average Tribes player (no fanboyism of any certain game needed).

This all being said, what Arcanox made was a promising leap in the right direction, TribalWars was by certain measures a success- it WAS fun. It's just a shame nobody else picked it up.

I guess pessimism towards the future of FPSZ is good- you're either going to be right or pleasantly surprised :p

I've registered to the site to clarify a few things regarding your use of the model called "Tank Elite" which has been renamed for sale within poser.

I'm the modeler of the main character you are using, the "tank elite." I sold the rights to a poser version for this model, and that is why you see it sold on poser sites. However, the rights to the model itself still remain with me.

What this means is the only way you are allowed to use the model is within poser. Exporting an OBJ so you can bake it down to low polygon geometry is not permitted with the model you've purchased.

It's analog to buying a game, and ripping it's contents to use within your game.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I received an email about this thread so I figured I would set things straight.

Thanks for understanding,

Mike

Edit:
Also, the person who said the model looks like an elite is correct. The general anatomy for the character was inspired heavily from an elite of halo. I think that's fairly plan considering that the character has the same amount (and same direction) of limbs and articulation points.

Last edited:
I've registered to the site to clarify a few things regarding your use of the model called "Tank Elite" which has been renamed for sale within poser.

I'm the modeler of the main character you are using, the "tank elite." I sold the rights to a poser version for this model, and that is why you see it sold on poser sites. However, the rights to the model itself still remain with me.

What this means is the only way you are allowed to use the model is within poser. Exporting an OBJ so you can bake it down to low polygon geometry is not permitted with the model you've purchased.

It's analog to buying a game, and ripping it's contents to use within your game.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I received an email about this thread so I figured I would set things straight.

Thanks for understanding,

Mike

Mike,

I purchased the model on Daz Studios game model site, it was the only one seller "Mestopheles" had listed up there. I can provide proof of purchase as needed through DAZ.

If someone is selling your model under false pretenses then you should look into that and I aswell will discontinue using your model if you wish.

On the other hand I am glad this has been brough to your attention and mine, would be a disaster to have discovered it later.

EDIT: Oh yeah the model is amazing, i was going to contact you in regards to your other models.

Last edited:
The seller only has the rights to sell poserized versions of the model. Since It's sold on DAZ that includes the program DAZ studio (which is a similar tool to poser). Even though an OBJ is included with the product (which it should not be) it's only to be used within poser and DAZ.

The seller should stipulate where the files can and cannot be used since he is not the holder of the rights. I'll make sure he does that from now on since I'd rather not have to feel like an internet police officer.

Sorry again for the unanticipated bump in your project hopefully the model was cheap enough that it hasn't set you back too far. Take care and good luck with the rest of your project.

The seller only has the rights to sell poserized versions of the model. Since It's sold on DAZ that includes the program DAZ studio (which is a similar tool to poser). Even though an OBJ is included with the product (which it should not be) it's only to be used within poser and DAZ.

The seller should stipulate where the files can and cannot be used since he is not the holder of the rights. I'll make sure he does that from now on since I'd rather not have to feel like an internet police officer.

Sorry again for the unanticipated bump in your project hopefully the model was cheap enough that it hasn't set you back too far. Take care and good luck with the rest of your project.

Its all good, it wasnt too much, but I will definatley be getting my money back. ;) Once we get a Modeller I was planning on possibly using a different model, but yours is very :drool: that I really wanted to keep it.

Anyways I would tell you what their EULA said but im not able to access it now since im at work and its being blocked by proxy.

Like i said I was going to contact you in regards to your other models, infact I was talking about it today. I will email you further no point in talking about it here.

i figured that model was a ripoff... are you doing anything on your own?

jensen i wouldnt worry about it, this project will go nowhere... these wannabe projects start every month in this community with everyone posting as though itll be the best shit ever and nothing goes anywhere, nor ever will.

i figured that model was a ripoff... are you doing anything on your own?

How is it a ripoff when i purchased it? He sells the models he even said himself. Unfortunatley the seller i bought the model from was misrepresenting it.

Like I said before alot of game developers purchase models, which is why so many people sell models. If nobody bought models nobody would sell them :)

What's the bet Jensen is ChewSpitt or Amadeus? They both got a lot riding on this to fail.

Chewspitt because he has been trying to prove some point about it being illegal to use skiing and jetpacks in any game.

And Amadeus because if this is succesful his existance in TT would be pointless.

What's the bet Jensen is ChewSpitt or Amadeus? They both got a lot riding on this to fail.

Chewspitt because he has been trying to prove some point about it being illegal to use skiing and jetpacks in any game.

And Amadeus because if this is succesful his existance in TT would be pointless.

No, its Jensen. Im not angry is kinda sucks about the money and the fact that its an amazing model, but whatever. I need a modeler on the team anyways.

Im going to contact him to see how much he wants for it to be used in a game, and I will go from there.

Back