Vengeance Vengeance

MR Dice said:
I should add that we should just let bygones be bygones
and begin moving forward.

Ya'all should consider T:V as the eye candy, the "loss leader"
the "draw" to bring new blood into the World Of Teh Tribeage.

Kids today are hugely influenced by graphics, gameplay often comes second to this.

So very true and sad. We are in the Britney Spears, NSYNC age of gaming. Things go in cycles. Once the eye candy gets old and common place, its the meat of the gameplay that will once again take precedence. Its the hype, one hit wonder band era of gaming, and many of us dont want you to drag Tribes into that bandwagon bin. TV bent a bit too much in that direction. Tribes is an enthusiasts game. You cant treat the mulitplayer as a less important piece. Tribes is MP, and the MP in any Tribes game should be stellar.

Last edited:
?B-MAN said:
Tribes is an enthusiasts game. You cant treat the mulitplayer as a less important piece. Tribes is MP, and the MP in any Tribes game should be stellar.

We could be the one franchise that focusses on longevity and loyalty instead of sales to noobs.

That's my dream anyway.

Zustiur.

?B-MAN said:
So very true and sad. We are in the Britney Spears, NSYNC age of gaming. Things go in cycles. Once the eye candy gets old and common place, its the meat of the gameplay that will once again take precedence. Its the hype, one hit wonder band era of gaming, and many of us dont want you to drag Tribes into that bandwagon bin. TV bent a bit too much in that direction. Tribes is an enthusiasts game. You cant treat the mulitplayer as a less important piece. Tribes is MP, and the MP in any Tribes game should be stellar.

Well said.

The actual name "Tribes" doesn't hold value to me that much. The original game could have been called just about anything and I would have played it along with trying out any sequel to it.

As it is Tribes has become a mess. We have a 2nd successor to the original and it sank quickly. The first successor divided the games' community. The horse is dead, Jim.

It's the game that makes the title, not the other way around. The oppertunity is here to go out and make a new game and community, not locked into the past - that goes for developers and fans. The new game doesn't have to be "more like tribes 1" or "more like tribes 2". It has its own path - free baggage from pervious titles. The Tribes franchise was good but it's time to move on.

Zustiur said:

We could be the one franchise that focusses on longevity and loyalty instead of sales to noobs.

That's my dream anyway.

Zustiur.

Agreed :) I think you could please the community as long as you concentrate on the multiplayer aspect and include different modes of gameplay. Heck maybe you could have a control screen that would let you choose different options that could make adjustments to the game like T1 or T2. Who knows a good GUI with nice options could give the game more flexibility.

The oppertunity is here to go out and make a new game and community, not locked into the past - that goes for developers and fans. The new game doesn't have to be "more like tribes 1" or "more like tribes 2". It has its own path - free baggage from pervious titles

Jeezus!, Isn't that tribes vengeance! I feel it should be alot like t1 and t2 and made on the new torque. combine t1 and t2 and call it tribes:source, that would be f'ng hotcakes!

thereal Shaolinmonk said:
Jeezus!, Isn't that tribes vengeance! I feel it should be alot like t1 and t2 and made on the new torque. combine t1 and t2 and call it tribes:source, that would be f'ng hotcakes!

Yep for some reason they think they have to make drastic changes to the game to keep it appealing, but from what I have seen the statistics prove otherwise. Just take a look at other popular pc games did they make drastic changes to these games to keep them interesting?

... you are right they didn't make drastic changes. They just added the eye candy to the "new' game - and the resultant required hardware upgrades which in and of itself supports the gaming industries bias to pimp a game.

I just hope the SP players of T:V migrate to the MP and the modding work
keeps spurring new interest.

and ...

it sure would be nice if some 5150 White Knight came in
with an $$$ offer to finish the patch. Oops did I just say that?

Man I just fucking cringe everytime I see Marweas make a post here 'cuz I have to sift through the 90% of the remaining replies which are essentially bullshit. I just love reading the posts from the "experts" who are just talking out of their ass while the ones who *really* know what happened, or attempt to figure a way for a solution get drowned out with the "I'm going to boycott VUG," "I'm going to call Guy.Welch a fag," etc. Marweas, you're heart is in the right direction, but you're in the wrong forum to post it. Sadly, not only did VUG kill the franchise, but the community will be adding more dirt to the coffin.

I just hope the SP players of T:V migrate to the MP and the modding work
keeps spurring new interest.

and ...

it sure would be nice if some 5150 White Knight came in
with an $$$ offer to finish the patch. Oops did I just say that?

I don't know what planet you are on thinking all the sp are going to swell the mp. Buy the game first, as I don't think the patch will rock your demo out man.

Back