Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Vengeance Vengeance
Page 24 of 25
spAsm
Veteran++
Old
461 - 04-08-2005, 06:06
LOL pardon my mouthing off after just reging here (I avoided it for the longest time) but most of your are completely arrogant and full of your own bull****.

Look, it didn't matter what they did. One camp cried bloody murder that it wasn't a carbon copy of their beloved game, and did their best to tank it, and they managed to. This same group now pounds the ground screaming because they realize that their franchise is screwed, news flash you did it.

Moving right along. You can't sell a sequel of the exact same crap, it never works. TV for all it's failures was a fun game. Yes it had the unreal engines bugs, but it was fun. It failed because the community since beta did their best to destroy it in some sort of self pleasing hissy fit that just “perhaps” they could make people go back to the game they wanted... well people didn't buy it.

So now what. You have a fun game that isn't a carbon copy of what you had... and a great chance to drag some of the run and gun shooter players into it, and make a great community. But you would rather rage, piss and moan and give VUG the right to say “why the hell should we help them”... especially since YOU were the main reason the game tanked in the first place, you and your community of bitter old asstards.

For the record your efforts to remake the game in torque, under legends, or ren, will only split things further. It's stubborn bitterness that is tearing your game apart.

The changes were mild like quake changes, not like UT changes when those jokers invented ONS (the haven of the noobs) but you still gripe.

Community, you build it. You can salvage tribes V and keep the franchise, or you can bail on it... and make sure that its gone forever. Take your pic.

Sponsored Links
Vir
VeteranXV
Old
462 - 04-08-2005, 06:37
It's interesting you mention Onslaught. That was the creation that took UT from a series that I think would be fair to say suffered niche obscurity much like our own, to a top 5 game. Amazing how these other developers managed to see what made our game's popular.

WorstAim
VeteranXV
Old
463 - 04-09-2005, 03:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by spAsm
So now what. You have a fun game that isn't a carbon copy of what you had... and a great chance to drag some of the run and gun shooter players into it, and make a great community. But you would rather rage, piss and moan and give VUG the right to say “why the hell should we help them”... especially since YOU were the main reason the game tanked in the first place, you and your community of bitter old asstards.
Since every potential T:V customer read TribalWar right? The community of TW was not responsible for the game failing. The lack of info, lack of support, lack of community involvment, lack of marketing, and load of bugs were to blame. Did the community actually have any input at all? Not really. Sure, we reported hundreds of bugs, but not more then a few were fixed in future patches. We tried to help them all the time. But half the time they didn't listen, (I can't blame them for that though, they do what their superiors tell them too).

Star-Demon
VeteranX
Old
464 - 04-10-2005, 18:36
I only got halfway through this thread. OH NOES.

My post has Zero direction so don't mind me.

Though I've had a short run in Tribes in general, I can say it's been an amazing ride and mind-blowing to encounter the gameplay that T2 did when bought it for 12 bucks at a gamestop a few years back.

Enough history! We all have that in LOADS in this commmunity.
The "you want 1999 back" quote is really true. Reminds me another: "The Internet is serious business". But REALLY reminds me of Everquest and people that play that today. They play for memories. Cyber-trophies.

My Blame game? I blame A mixture of things. The poor development, the community, the publisher.
From an objective view: I paid 55 dollars day-one of retail for a terrible game and product. This kind of stuff is happening in the gaming industry more and more and it sickens me. all us Comp-Sci hopefuls that want to make games, we are dieing for a chance at designing games. We won't get it, but it burns all of us up that the quality of releases industry-wide is going down, and the actual love and care put into projects is almost nil. TV failed MAINLY: because of poor ideas, implementation and THEN poot development.

Anyways, I consider the series dead, though I don't think I'll ever be able to play any other FPS. ****, if my demos would stop UEing I'd KEEP making T2 inspired movies even after all my source footage was destroyed. I'd even keep playing T2. But it's over, folks. It really is. I hope for another game with as much depth and variety and FUN as T2C was for me.

Reaction to actual post: I already dislike VUG. This is OFN.DO i want ot "get back" at Vivendi? No point. Do I want the "community" to have rights to hte games? GOD NO. Do I want Tribes to live on? sorta. But honestly, I think the way the communiity is, combined with who's holding the game's rights, is not going to fix things. I think it's better that it's finally over and I can only hope that a game comes out someday that really captures the gameplay elements, little details, and good feelings I had playing T2. That is all.

VGCG Tribes. Was good while it lasted.

MR Dice
VeteranXV
Old
465 - 04-12-2005, 16:28
I just read the last 5 posts, some really interesting comments.

I just want to say that in the T:V forums like tribes3.org, playtribes.net, the TWL forum and certainly every forum that talks about T:V, the discussion is dominated by T1/T2 vets trashing T:V. This is beyound dispute.

This trashing was unfortunate, since like spAsm said, the support of T:V would of brought new blood into T1-2 seeing as how they are 'superior' games [insert sarcasm here]. So ya'all shot yourselves in the foot. It's not fair to blame T1-2 vets for T:V's failure, but they sure didn't help.

Success is a relative evaluation. I come from a game that has 15% of
the players T:V has. To me T:V looks like a HUGE success.

I think the fps genre has little new stuff to offer - think about that!

Publishers and the bean counters should change their business paradigm to reflect a longer term game development and support - an acknowledgement that this genre is pretty much all played out.

There is an interesting development in modding T:V being done (I think??) bu Clan COBRA, to address some T:V imbalances and introduce NEW GAME MODES!!!

MR Dice
VeteranXV
Old
466 - 04-12-2005, 16:38
I should add that we should just let bygones be bygones
and begin moving forward.

Ya'all should consider T:V as the eye candy, the "loss leader"
the "draw" to bring new blood into the World Of Teh Tribeage.

Kids today are hugely influenced by graphics, gameplay often comes second to this.
If some T1-2 vets did start to support T:V in the various forums then you would not only help T:V but help this game. Please give this some thought and sincere consideration.

It's up to each of you.

You support on various T:V forums would be greatly appreciated.

dudeman
VeteranX
Old
467 - 04-12-2005, 16:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR Dice
If some T1-2 vets did start to support T:V in the various forums then you would not only help T:V but help this game. Please give this some thought and sincere consideration.

It's up to each of you.

You support on various T:V forums would be greatly appreciated.
All T:V really needs is a mod to make it more like classical Tribes in gameplay. Look at the size of the threads here about people wanting to make whole other games just to get that feeling! If someone can make the right mod T:V's fortunes could *possibly* be reversed.

And maybe that's possible... I'm uncertain whether T:V is unmoddable or whether no one's trying and people who don't have any information are saying it's unmoddable.

Devil Slayer
VeteranXX
Old
468 - 04-12-2005, 17:15
No mod will fix any of T:V's broken code, it needs a patch. That won't happen/

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
469 - 04-12-2005, 18:16
doesn't help that mod support is broken in t:v

MR Dice
VeteranXV
Old
470 - 04-13-2005, 00:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman
All T:V really needs is a mod to make it more like classical Tribes in gameplay.
I am new to Tribes so the development of this T:V mod may not appeal to you. I think Clan COBRA is working on this, but again, being new to Tribes I dont' really know.

http://www.playtribes.net/index.php?...=viewforum&f=4

RazorJack
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
471 - 04-13-2005, 01:28
Grats to marweas on a historic ownage. Kinda feels like your first MA eh?

ArchangelX
VeteranXV
Old
472 - 04-13-2005, 04:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by spAsm
LOL pardon my mouthing off after just reging here (I avoided it for the longest time) but most of your are completely arrogant and full of your own bull****.

Look, it didn't matter what they did. One camp cried bloody murder that it wasn't a carbon copy of their beloved game, and did their best to tank it, and they managed to. This same group now pounds the ground screaming because they realize that their franchise is screwed, news flash you did it.

Moving right along. You can't sell a sequel of the exact same crap, it never works. TV for all it's failures was a fun game. Yes it had the unreal engines bugs, but it was fun. It failed because the community since beta did their best to destroy it in some sort of self pleasing hissy fit that just “perhaps” they could make people go back to the game they wanted... well people didn't buy it.

For the record your efforts to remake the game in torque, under legends, or ren, will only split things further. It's stubborn bitterness that is tearing your game apart.

The changes were mild like quake changes, not like UT changes when those jokers invented ONS (the haven of the noobs) but you still gripe.

Community, you build it. You can salvage tribes V and keep the franchise, or you can bail on it... and make sure that its gone forever. Take your pic.
I so f'ing agree with this post.

jpr333
VeteranX
Old
473 - 04-13-2005, 11:40
Shutup the game killed the game, the game just sucked pure and simple.

j_thunders
VeteranX
Old
474 - 04-13-2005, 12:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr333
Shutup the game killed the game, the game just sucked pure and simple.
True. The idea that certain people here trashed T:V and caused 48,000 other people who bought the game to quit playing it is ridiculous.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
475 - 04-13-2005, 12:52
please explain to me how "the community" (which you are a part of btw) destroyed t:v.

i'm fairly certain the community had nothing to do with how many copies of t:v were sold.

j_thunders
VeteranX
Old
476 - 04-13-2005, 14:37
It's just nonsense so don't even bother. Almost everybody here wanted to like the game and tried hard to like it. People who blame the community are just pissed off and can't find anyone else to vent their anger upon. So they pipe up here throwing in their two cents without first thinking and here we are left with the job of trying to discuss silly, thoughtless notions. Just forget it and move on to some other aspect of this conversation.

flyte
VeteranX
Old
477 - 04-13-2005, 18:27
I think people like spaAsm blame the community reps at the tribal council for comming
up with what T:V is. Those reps were largely t1 vets pushing for faster game play.

While that doesn't represent the whole community, how can you argue that what was
proposed at the tribal council is exactly what T:V turned out to be?? It is.

Rooster128
VeteranXV
Old
478 - 04-13-2005, 20:46
I for one have to take this time to say sorry to all those clans out there who perfer not to make a scene in TribalWar but play T:V all the same and dont give a damn if the game is a sell or not. These are the true tribals, and their voices are barely heard.

Long live the type B tribes player. You're loyal to the franchise and don't bicker, and would give anything to see another spinfusor MA in another game, so-to-speak.

The oldschool tribes mentality still lives on, but its voice is not heard. Pay heed to that. And ultimately realize, bickering will give you nothing. Nothing but a false feeling of satisfaction. Because your arguing hardly does anything.

82nd Mofo
VeteranX
Old
479 - 04-14-2005, 14:08
so Marweas, where are we now?

what can we do to save the franchise? Can anything be done to have another developed and released version of tribes with what makes tribes its core?

Destiny
VeteranXV
Old
480 - 04-14-2005, 18:42
The only people that might come close to releasing another tribes like game are renWerx

Page 24 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Vengeance Vengeance

Social Website Bullshit