Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

My Master Plan

Marwease is not perfect, and I think better ideas are out there, but his is good.

Here's mine.

Step 1: Tribes IP via war with VUG - We keep an open line for talk, to stop the war that we wage. Ultimatly we want Tribes IP, if possible source of T2, maybe even T1(if exists).

Step 2: Work with GG to come to an agreement on them making our Tribes 3. I don't this will be very hard. They have show interest, and us getting them the IP, and possibly a little money to hire some of the people to fill the lose ends; I think it can be done.

Step 3: Make version that covers what is agreed to be the best of T1 and the best of T2. This would be done via vote. Yes how the votes go will ultimatly exclude some people, and clearly thats where mutators come in. The game will be built in a way that many of these features can be flipped on or off to make the mutator. N

Step 4: Closed Beta. $10 per download. This will raise a lot of money, as many people will want in, but only the people willing to pay up will actually experiance closed beta.

Step 5: Open beta, using the money raised for closed beta, an open beta is paid for to be hosted on popular sites like FP.

Step 6: Hype/Advertisement. 75% word of mouth. Generate interest on forums accross the internet via posting videos/pics, getting people to download open beta. Maybe get a enough money for some magazine spot reviews, and reviews via online websites.

Step 6: Final Distribution via online services. The price would be hard to determine. We don't want to turn off people with a low price, making them think its crappy, but will people pay a full $50? So maybe $40 would be a good price.

Well not sure where Step 1 will go, but I say let them sit on Tribes IP until its worthless, then it will be too late.

1: Money/Time wasted probably in the end achieving nothing

3: Seems like a slow and somewhat poor way to decide how things are done, Tribes 2 was created with a lot of input from tdub, Tribes:V was made with lot of ideas from tdub.

4: Could be good, we should have donations also

6: Price should be very low, we want a community, and communities generate sales themselves. I'd say $20-30.

Nutcracker said:
1: Money/Time wasted probably in the end achieving nothing

3: Seems like a slow and somewhat poor way to decide how things are done, Tribes 2 was created with a lot of input from tdub, Tribes:V was made with lot of ideas from tdub.

4: Could be good, we should have donations also

6: Price should be very low, we want a community, and communities generate sales themselves. I'd say $20-30.

Voting could be done in the process of a week. Some of just clear. Shocklance will be a big one. Vehicles, and then most will be up to GG. But we must decide what is going in the main version, but if the SL doesn't make it, I'm not going to be mad, because it will be in a mutator called T2C or something.

While it is a community game, we really need to draw in a couple thousand fresh faces. So if $20 to $30 doesn't turn them off, then thats fine. The idea is to make the open beta run nice enough that people cant wait to play it in all its glory. So the price point will be tough to decide.

[57th]cneal said:
Please keep it all in one thread.

That's no good. Then it just screws up his thread. I can't stand that. If people have different ideas, they need to make them known in their own thread. From there, we will back what solution sound the best. If we keep making 1 thread to do everything, we will get nowhere.

I'm presenting my idea, and looking for feedback. Maybe this will help Marwease crtique his idea, or inspire someone to make an even better idea. I don't know, I'm just doing me part.

so is it a VUG game?

want to know whether to warez or buy is all.

IP = Intellectual Property

VUG owns the rights to the Starsiege Universe, and anything related. Therefore if anyone where to make a "tribes game" it would be illegal for them to do so. However you can immitate the gameplay as long as you don't copy any of the content, names or places from Tribes (read: legends).

Back