Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

Tribes 2 - Server Voting %

Hi everyone :),

I was wondering if there is anyway to make the voting for maps, etc., to be less than 50% of the votes? Lets say my brother connects to my server, which will have bots. Is there anyway for his one vote to make a map change?

GTW Version 1.51 Pickup tonight 7PMEST

Join us for the new an improved GTW v1.51 released today on the MaxOGC - Great Tribal War server at 7PM EST till whenever we feel like it! Join us an hour early for a quick training session on how the game is played and basic game concepts. (Be sure you're patched for Tribes Next to play on our server!)

Be sure you download the client files at hosted.tribesnext.com/gtw before joining. You'll need the map and shape files to join us. Drop the GTW.Vl2 in your gamedata/base folder, delete your DSO files and that's it!

What is Great Tribal War?
GTW is a mod for Tribes 2. The game basically plays exactly as normal tribes as you know it. You have all the same vehicles and weapons and tools at your disposal. The differences are these:

• The maps are 100km2 (10km x 10km maps) beautifully rendered based off real world areas.
  • The primary objective is to build your own base and defend your teams Global Position Targeter (GPT, looks like the capture and hold switch) while attempting to destroy your enemy's GPT. The trick is, where are they?!
  • You and your enemy can move the GPT ANYWHERE YOU WANT on the map. There are hardened structures to help you defend your GPT or you can set it somewhere in the field and attempt to hide it in an obscure place somewhere in the hopes the enemy can't find it.
  • You can build your own base! Design the setup anyway you want it. From base turret placement to the location of your Inventory stations all the way down to the placement of your sentry turrets.
  • Get to the front lines quicker by building a forward field base! Setup a quick base with some power and an inventory station and setup yourself with a teleporter pad to bring your friends to the front line quicker!
  • Don't forget the power! All base items require power to operate. Bring along a Solar pack to keep everything powered up within 50 meters of that panel. You can also use multiple power sources to as backup power to keep key items running. Also as long as the GPT has power, it cannot be destroyed.
  • What happens when I destroy the enemy's GPT? The enemy can no longer spawn in the map! The remaining players on that team must regroup and make one last stand against the enemy. Once all the enemies are killed then the last team standing wins. If BOTH GPTs are destroyed, whoever is last standing wins. Keep in mind when you are moving your GPT to it's new home or trying to survive, that your team won't be able to spawn until you deploy it at its new location.

Sound fun? Join us tonight and see what the hype is all about!

GokouZWAR

I was able to figure it out. Just needed to make a Standalone Dedicated Server. Then, put less than 50% of voting through the ServerPrefs file. :) Sorry for making the thread, just should have thought about it a little more.

TribalWars private server Tribal XXL

Here is the link to our TribalWars private server named TribalXXL:

Tribal XXL

Is a tribalwars server a little old version but starts speedy.
Just check out!
Regards :signed:

We'll be hosting another pickup this saturday 1-31-09 at 7pm Est - 11pm EST. Join the MaxOGC server to play. Had a great response last week of nearly 20 people. We're shooting for 40 this week! So come play and enjoy!

All new version 1.52 has been released fixing the annoying deconstruction weapon selection bug. Now you can pick out your deconstructor by cycling thru your weapons! Thanks to Eolk and RedShifter for providing the help in fixing it!

GokouZWAR

ping issues t2 and tv

What is the deal?! I'm on a 10mb pipe through comcast internet is always fast but average t2 ping is around 200 at night and about the same with TV. Sometimes during the day it's around 60 or so but only for a little bit.. Anyone?

Back