OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

Marweas

Weasel4
Ok, so now you have it. Obviously the video will show how these work, but I expect lots of angst and drama. Let's keep it in here so we can lay some fears to raise and get to the really interesting dicussion of what this implies.

Video isn't out yet. We'll post about it when it is.

As for Rocket pod, I think it is fine.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to have a REMOTE SPAWN POINT. I really do not like this idea.

First reaction to RP: OMG YOU FUCKERS
Reaction after reading interview: Whoa, sweet! I'm assuming it'll have some balance along the lines of medium/heavy only?

First reaction to Rover: HOLY SHIT THAT THING LOOKS WICKED!
Second reaction: See first reaction

I messed myself at the two pics of the rover

Colosus said:
I think it is absolutely ridiculous to have a REMOTE SPAWN POINT. I really do not like this idea.

Don't listen to the T1 fanbois who don't play other games cuz they haven't upgraded their voodoos.

Remote spawn = strategy. Keep it. Make it work. Reinvent it.

What I posted in the "General Forums" thread on this topic:

Error|550 said:
Hmmm ... I don't know ... the fact that it's not an auto-aim rocket gives me hope. I never cared that much either way about rockets in T2. My only bitch was that it was pretty much a skill-less weapon.

If, in order to hit another player with this new "rocket launcher", someone has to guide the rocket, that's a skills-based weapon which means a heads-up player can also dodge it ...

:shrug:

Edit: Just so long as you developer types don't make it heat-seeking ...

My first question would be how fast do the rockets go in comparison to other speeds of things in the game?

Doaln said:
and if you read the whole article they say...

In terms of balance, the rocket pod can be tweaked by adjusting the number of rockets in a cluster, the damage per rocket, the initial and final spread, initial rocket velocity, rocket acceleration, the spiraling pattern of the rockets, the amount of ammo you can carry, and so on. It also can't be used by players in light armor.

i'm not worried. this doesn't sound as bad as the missle launcher. what i'm worried about tho is that it will be too easy to use on players. on vehicles fine, but it better have enough spread so as not to replace a mortar for base destroying. so basically it needs a big spread so it's anti-vehicle only.

repost from the real thread in GD ;)

Colosus said:

Ya I was just thinking that. The goal was to make a game that could be played comp with 5v5. I dont think a remote spawn point in game designed for small maps is that useful.

rilkean panther said:
Don't listen to the T1 fanbois who don't play other games cuz they haven't upgraded their voodoos.

Remote spawn = strategy. Keep it. Make it work. Reinvent it.

Do you even realize who you are making remarks against? I play both games equally. A remote respawn is a stupid idea. It puts too much focus on trying to destroy a mobile front of the enemy and takes away from the action at the flags and bases.

I know my opinion doesnt matter in the whole, but whatever.

rocket pod: take off the guided shit, now. unless you want to be the new dave g.

new vehicle - make it handle like the halo warthog. fuck yea.. remote spawn - not in base CTF plz. id love it if you guys could just keep base CTF as it was in tribes and add all the new stuff you guys got in other modes KP has planned. enhance ctf, dont change it.

Back