Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

nice. any idea what skins your gonna use? HQ ones?

whatever skins people think are the best to use overall, going for a combination of good looks + aesthetics (i.e. HUD is not confusing, is easy to read, textures are high quality).

all of the pictures you guys have submitted of HUDs, now that i look at them more, and textures for weapons/landscapes etc. look fine to me, i'd use any of those.

I guess preferably also smaller file size and/or compatibility, if there's any issues with textures or packs being incompatible with certain computers for whatever reason (like how Tribes 2 exploded on launch on some computers with certain 3D cards, which is why my T2 game crashed about every 15 minutes apparently, until they updated it)

I'll suggest a patched (maps, fullscreen, hud fix, etc.) 1.40 (beta leak) release without any additional graphics other than a competent weapon pack (e.g. SGS weapons). We should attempt to replicate a future InstantAction release as much as possible while incorporating all of the fixes to the beta "we've" discovered.

Last edited:
sshot0154.jpg

:banging:

You see many peeps including myself have been cheating a long time.

And since I don't care about this game ill list a few

Chexmix
Darko
Dare
Alarik
Snow
Rtcll
Lemon

And the cheats will keep coming and people will keep fucking up games.

I don't understand y u ppl play there is pussy to be penetrated

there is difference between cheats and being good bro namath

Last edited:
Hi all. My first post since 2002. I used play both T1 and T2, and they still remain my 2 favorite games.

I recently found TribesNext and have been trying to relive some of the glory days.

If there's any chance of revitalizing either game, it should be done. There's no reason not to, and I would love to play T1 right along with T2 again, especially Shifter mod, if anyone is still playing that. :)

Unfortunately, old games combined with a core group of nasty old vets can be an extremely unwelcoming playing field for new players, but this doesn't mean that it can't be done.

It just needs to be done with a clear head about what challenges lie ahead, and as many sincere volunteers to admin servers and teach new comers.

In regards to the video aids suggested in the OP:

For starters, the most important thing that is needed, is a fabulously awesome, and lengthy trailer, that shows the best of the best, wild action, bad-ass rockin' fun that can be had, and has been had, in this game.

Trailers sell games. So OP, make a rockin' game trailer first.........and combine it with some reasonable rock music, not death metal, rap, etc. The music needs to have the widest audience as possible.

Next point: I would strongly recommend that you save your mod tutorials for later. You could do some brief coverage, and if you feel it's best for your community, so be it, but there are very good reasons to start out with Base before moving to mods, one of them being that the learning curve for Base is high enough as it is; Mods can just add to mounting frustration and send people packing too soon.

The primary goal should be ENSURING MAXIMUM FUN! FUN is what will keep people staying for a 2nd round, then a 10th, then 6 months, etc.

On servers, and separating (some) of the vets from the newbies: Bottom line is, we're going to need some of your new players to start their own servers. Some of these brand new servers, run by newbies, will need to have some newbie gameplay rules enforced, such as no base rape or O-sniping the enemy base. This will allow new admins to weed out asshole vets, giving newbies a fair shot at actually learning the game.

If this thing really does take off, there will end up being a variety of servers once again, and everyone will find their spot, and newbies will become skilled vets and perhaps move into advanced servers and mods.

This thing can work, but your community needs to understand, if they don't already, that entering this old community could be rough, and they need to just ignore any jerks and make their own way. That is why I recommend that as soon as you make your first announcement, you immediately encourage people to start their own servers, some of them with newbie friendly rules (listed above).

OP, do NOT let any of these crabby old 'vets' discourage you. This game belongs to the newbie just as much as it does a veteran. In fact, as games are meant to be played to the fullest, it really belongs to the people making the most out of it at any give point in time.

I for one hope you are wildly successful, and I look forward to many new hours of gaming fun! Good luck!

cool post, i got chills

Back