we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

NoGodForMe said:
We had no problem sending Colosus to UVA5 last year. So saying people won't donate anymore is unlikely. If the guy needs money for UVA6 this year, I'll help out. I remember for that event, we raised the money is less than a day, and he told everyone to stop, when he could have let more money come in.
nevermind, i just dont think we'll have to worry about flying col out this year

colpringlespmasta.bmp

T w i z t i D said:
herb, all i'm saying is, we go into this desperate drive for a new servere around xmas time, people dig deep and pay out of pocket, in some instances a good deal of money, it'd just be nice if it all went toward its intended purpose or he at least says he's using some of it for WOFN. Shit, did we even know about WOFN then? Would people have donated in a drive to start another shoutcasting company?

Would people have donated money to get information on the newest addition to the Tribes franchise, T:V? Would they have donated money to get to see a press conference on video, and hear it all first-hand? Gee, let me think..

Data said:
$1300 is hardly BIGGEST AND THE BEST. :rolleyes:

Gaming laptops are $3000. Good business laptops are in the $2000 range.

Check for yourself.

How about you read the rest of my post you faggot

Sojourn said:
Would people have donated money to get information on the newest addition to the Tribes franchise, T:V? Would they have donated money to get to see a press conference on video, and hear it all first-hand? Gee, let me think..

Did everyone who donated hear the broadcast?

T w i z t i D said:
herb, all i'm saying is, we go into this desperate drive for a new servere around xmas time, people dig deep and pay out of pocket, in some instances a good deal of money, it'd just be nice if it all went toward its intended purpose or he at least says he's using some of it for WOFN. Shit, did we even know about WOFN then? Would people have donated in a drive to start another shoutcasting company?
My last response in this thread...

1) Gigafool started the drive. Not me.
2) The laptop was a last minute purchase after I realized I didn't have the excess funds to get a small computer to take to San Fran.

We got a better server than I originally anticipated, we also didn't buy the extra drives because we figured out a better way to do it. A lot of decisions were finally realized at the last minute giving us extra funds to play around with.

This is not my personal laptop. It only has WOFN and TW stuff on it. It will be brought to E3 and the next lan even if I don't go because it was purchased for a specific purpose.

If you can't accept that, fine, but that's how it plays out.

mznthrope said:
I donated money to Col to use as he saw fit. IIRC, I, um, sent it directly to him via PayPal, and not into some democratically controlled escrow. Did we get a new server? Yup. Did we get nice coverage of the T:V event? Yup. Did Col get a nice new laptop using a few hundred dollars of TW donations? Yup. Did he get laid? Evidently not. Too bad. Hell, I'll send 20 bucks to a "get the dude a ho" fund if somebody decides to start one.
Fraggle, bring actual drama to the next drama thread, please?

exactly.....i trust col to do whatever he wants with the money i donate to tw.....he's not some nigger who's blatantly fucking us....the dude is a good dude who puts up with a lot of nonsense....old skul and mznthrope know what'z up...

Animo said:
I agree with twiztid on this one, seems like shady stuff and if we know where the money goes it would be less drama on everyone.

Colosus even had to post twice just to get the numbers correct, and even then who knows if the new numbers are correct.

Give me a break, dude. The numbers barely changed. Even so, the numbers were far different than the shit everyone originally was told by fraggles.

Animo said:
I agree with twiztid on this one, seems like shady stuff and if we know where the money goes it would be less drama on everyone.

Colosus even had to post twice just to get the numbers correct, and even then who knows if the new numbers are correct.

for fuck's sake. You are owed nothing. The donations were for TW, they were used for TW. Stop acting persecuted and overblowing your importance.

old_skul said:
You've got to be kidding me.

I don't care if Colosus uses his new laptop for his personal use alone. For all the work and responsibility he has to deal with concerning this site, he can take $2000 worth of donations - or $10,000 for that matter - and use it to pay rent for all any of us should care.

As if Colosus doesn't deserve some compensation. You should be ashamed, Fraggle. Why don't you start a thread about how we spend UVALAN admissions, too? Oh, wait, you did, last year, and were shouted down by the entire community because everyone understands that it costs money to run LANs.

Give us a break, and stop insulting our intelligence. Of course Colosus can buy a laptop with donations. He can buy hookers and blow for all I care.

yep.

CR-Ruthven said:
I heard Col harvests organs from terminally ill children to pay for TW bandwidth.

and to pay for his black silk g-strings

he has to get the black so he doesn't get confused with el mar :browsmile

old_skul said:
You're full of shit, Twiztid. You pulled this drama queen crap before UVA5, and you're doing it now. Grow a set of stones, and maybe you'll understand that this isn't high school we're talking about here. This is real people, with real lives, having to contend with real problems.

Colosus does not owe you an explanation of where funds from donations go. The deal is like this: if you like TribalWar, and you want it to continue offering you everything you get (otherwise for free), then you have the opportunity to contribute funds. If you don't like the fact that the man got a laptop (that he uses for TW/WOFN official business) partly paid for, then you need to rethink your priorities on what's "fair" and what's not.

You have this sick sense of entitlement that I'm going to enjoy watching dissolve when you get out of college and realize that you actually have to work for things in this world. You're a pathetic sack of shit.

while i do not think and know twiz is not a pathetic sack of shit.......i do agree col does not have to justify where our contributions go, but he does anyhow...which is cool....u guys are all whacked.....

col, thanks for all the time you put in man....i don't even game no mo' and proolly won't play t:v cuz i don't have a good comp right now.....but man, just cuz some question doesn't mean that all do...

and ef got played!!!! LoLz!!!! <3

Back