Did you knew? Neurological evidence that "God's will" is bullshit

I really don't have a problem with 99.9% of religious people.

But then you read about like, some asshole family has their kid abducted and sent to another country to be beaten until they're straight.. and you think, wow, we'd all be better off without this shit.

god have mercy on the souls trying to scientifically disprove religion

like jesus christ ninth grade called and wants your opinion on whether money is totally made up

This makes sense. Most people have never met their "god" so they can only infer his beliefs based on what they would imagine them to be, or what they were told the beliefs are. It's kind of a weird experiment to begin with, though. Dubious value, at best. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the experiment somehow proves God is a psychological construct. There are much better ways to do that.
Was going to post exactly that.

Amadeus is a simpleton and lacks the ability think critically.

other studies amadeus will be interested in

DfcmwU9XUAAlMAr.jpg

(not so)fun fact: children are around 100x more likely to be sexually abused in public schools than by priests

funny how I've never heard the moral police on the hypocritically 'secular' left chime in on this issue :shrug:

Any institution that has allowed children to be harmed by predators deserves to be taken to task for it. No institution should get a pass. And no profession should get a pass. Not preachers, not priests — not even teachers.

Especially not teachers. And yet …

Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

So, in order to better protect children, did media outlets start hounding the worse menace of the school systems, with headlines about a "Nationwide Teacher Molestation Cover-up" and by asking "Are Ed Schools Producing Pedophiles?"

No, they didn't. That treatment was reserved for the Catholic Church, while the greater problem in the schools was ignored altogether.

As the National Catholic Register's reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state's entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.

Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools.

Has Media Ignored Sex Abuse In School? | CBS

Teachers who sexually abuse students still find classroom jobs | USA Today

(not so)fun fact: children are around 100x more likely to be sexually abused in public schools than by priests

funny how I've never heard the moral police on the hypocritically 'secular' left chime in on this issue :shrug:

Has Media Ignored Sex Abuse In School? | CBS

Teachers who sexually abuse students still find classroom jobs | USA Today
Btw, link to the actual study:

https://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview/report.pdf

I haven't gone through the entire 50 pages, does it control for the number of teachers in the country vs the number of priests?

Back