T2 mod for T3?

Krazy Bear said:
Ok for all of you all that cant seem to use your brains.T2 has been going on now for what 3 years now right?Over that time the community has droped down to a few select people left playing.Ok so over time people look for somthing different and move on.Now i am a die hard t2 fan, but yes it is all but dead.So when t:v came out we where hoping for something better than t2.Not a step back as which t:v is.Now we know this game was being made to suit the newbies out there.And it has done that well.But we and i think i speak for the t2 community was hoping for a something that was a little better than what it is now.Now by asking for a mod for t:v isnt going to hurt any one of you all that play T:V.Maybe you will even like it more that we are not in the servers pubing with you all.And when it gets posted in the forums for some one to please make a mod......We are not asking for your opion...because really we dont care to hear it.So to sum things up 1 more time.........Dont bother us and we wont bother you.And remember all we are really asking for is a game that we ALL can enjoy

If you mean a step back as in T1 is a step back, I disagree. Bells and whistles that take care of offense and defense is a step back to noobiness. A game in which people that have better skills in mobility, aim, and timing excel over people that use the bells and whistles effectively is a step forward.

Case in point, I (a T1 vet who has not played regularly in a long time), had no trouble laying the smack down on Krazy Bear (a self proclaimed 3 year veteren of T2) early today in T:V.

Fool said:
Case in point, I (a T1 vet who has not played regularly in a long time), had no trouble laying the smack down on Krazy Bear (a self proclaimed 3 year veteren of T2) early today in T:V.

:lol:
less dissrespect, hes the speaker for the T2 community!

(btw i am also a t1 vet that has not played regularly until now, *hugT:V*

Fool said:

dont you just love that though ;)

I do, however the frequent rejected by server incidents I get annoy me greatly as I am usually sitting on a score of 50+ at the time.

Well they borked the release like T2, so i would guess we are already on our way to having T2 MOD for T:V. If in the next patch the phyiscs get changed, I think you will love base t:v.

p.s. ^joke.....and another thought......any T1 beta testers still here? Was there major problems like t:2 and t:v on release? I know they patched out exploites and hacks, and stuff like that, but did they forget to add the infityspawn.exe file on the cd ?

Fool said:

I let you kill me today just to be nice :D Hope you appreciated it.

Ok so what you all are saying is this is a dictator ship.....no one can express there views because you dont agree with with them.Guys i am a sorry to tell you but your wrong.To flame some one just because you dont like what they said makes you the one that looks like the ass not him.And yes i have been around playing t2 for 3 years and 2 years in t1 before that.Also i can speak for most of the community of t2 because i am in there chat rooms talking to them most of the day.And maybe your small 12 year old minds cant handle the fact that other people have likes and dislikes just like you.all i can tell you is to deal with it.This will be my last post about this so flame away.Really i dont why i went on this long in the first place.Becuse just like you i dont really care what you think.

ZenTseTse said:
This silly aspect of "fans" for movies and games where they demand things have to be THEIR WAY... is what can kill this game.
Remind you of any mod in particular? :lol:

I honestly didn't even want to sift through the crap in here, but I can tell you that YES, someone is working on a base T2 mod (or was last I heard). I believe his name is MrKeen of Meltdown/Meltdown2 fame. It's a basis for another mod he wants to make, as far as I understand things. Truly, you'd have to ask him to find out, he hangs around t3o I think.

Just remember, it's all hearsay.

Krazy Bear said:
Ok so what you all are saying is this is a dictator ship.....no one can express there views because you dont agree with with them.Guys i am a sorry to tell you but your wrong.To flame some one just because you dont like what they said makes you the one that looks like the ass not him.And yes i have been around playing t2 for 3 years and 2 years in t1 before that.Also i can speak for most of the community of t2 because i am in there chat rooms talking to them most of the day.And maybe your small 12 year old minds cant handle the fact that other people have likes and dislikes just like you.all i can tell you is to deal with it.This will be my last post about this so flame away.Really i dont why i went on this long in the first place.Becuse just like you i dont really care what you think.

We like our views with significantly less stupid, and more paragraphs. Our small 12 year old minds know what is best for you.

DROP FLARES AND OUR FLAMES WILL MISS YOU AUTOMATICALLY.

Okay, some people dislike anything ever remotely smacking of automation. We can just agree to disagree. However, there are a lot of things from T1 and T2 which are not in T:V which some people may want back that aren't turrets.

• Voice Communications
  • Cooperative targeting with the mortar, etc. Was useful with those mortar and sight ranges.
  • Easy voting
  • Additional sensor strategy possibilities with coverage and jamming packs/deployables. Ability to SEE an enemy (even with no sensors) and add them to the IFF system if they took up enough of your FOV. Sort of a team detection gestalt requiring teamwork.
  • Sneaky tactics with cloaking and the shocklance.
  • The ammo pack as a loadout option. In some cases I would have still picked it if it were in T:V.

And other things that are a bit more arguable:
  • Grenade types
  • 'normal' Mines
  • Shield packs with more strategy, blaster as presumptive shield-pack-killer.
  • Skiing with some actual non-jet-based directonal control.
  • Health pack management.

And a lot of neat things from various mods, like the power-core pack from Havoc. A player could equip it and fire it (like a repair pack) at an inventory station to power it as long as he stood there 'shooting'. Cooperation absolutely required, and it allowed a team to defend against extravagant base-rape so long as a teammate was willing to look at the bigger picture.

And for the record, it doesn't matter in the slightest whether some of these saw use in match play--an indesputable majority of player-hours on Tribes is in a pub context.
Dead Ben said:
jesus, the gameplay isn't even 3 days old and people want to change it already.

Uhm, mods are adding to the availible options for gameplay schemes, not changing the existing scheme. Also, the beta and demo were out for quite a while before this, so the 'three days' statistic doesn't really represent how long people have had to experience the game and mull over possible extensions to it.

Back