[T2] Vengeance mod

Amadeu5 said:
Because now you can use packs and deployables at the same time, which means there must be separate keybinds for both (also for dropping them).
Same in the T1 version, yet no need for a client pack. :roller:

Can we at least get some smaller maps with inventories?

btw whoever that Lt Earthworm guy is, he owned me in the arse with that grappler, gj :bigthumb:. Imo it can still be a tad better, gonna tinker around with it.

Amadeu5 said:
btw whoever that Lt Earthworm guy is, he owned me in the arse with that grappler, gj :bigthumb:. Imo it can still be a tad better, gonna tinker around with it.

He should have, he wrote the core of this one. :)

Amadeu5 said:

Yeah I figured I would put it in see what everyone thought. It is pretty good under certain circumstances but others it's meh, of course that seems to be the case with all of them so far.

There's a blue light with the buckler, so you should be able to see it in the field well enough. However, there is still a slight bug with the returning. If you fire and do not move, it doesnt track back to you.

Very nice! The Buckler rocks and somehow the GH is way better now :eek:

Tho, i experienced a pretty nasty bug.
Rec.

Situation:
I threw the Buckler and it got stuck behind a Turret. I switched to the Missile Launcher, killed the Turret and went there to return the Buckler.

Well, you can see the outcome :eek:

ilys said:
There's a blue light with the buckler, so you should be able to see it in the field well enough. However, there is still a slight bug with the returning. If you fire and do not move, it doesnt track back to you.

I like it. :) Just to be ornery, I threw the buckler at the 'clouds'. (45 degrees) I have no idea where it went or how far it went. Maybe that's just what I get. :) That's an answer too. If I had any idea how far away it was I would know where to look. Thats why I was thinking beacon - distance display. But it's ok with me if it's just my tough luck too.

Can I pick up someone else's buckler? Havent been in server yet. (Since he hasnt read the thread yet, I think Killer is doing two days in county lockup over the weekend).

This needs a pickup.

JimBodkins said:
I like it. :) Just to be ornery, I threw the buckler at the 'clouds'. (45 degrees) I have no idea where it went or how far it went. Maybe that's just what I get. :) That's an answer too. If I had any idea how far away it was I would know where to look. Thats why I was thinking beacon - distance display. But it's ok with me if it's just my tough luck too.

Can I pick up someone else's buckler? Havent been in server yet. (Since he hasnt read the thread yet, I think Killer is doing two days in county lockup over the weekend).

This needs a pickup.
Only problem with beacons is everyone can see it, or everyone on your team. Although, we could set a task to display to the player when the buckler is lost, but this would make it too easy and nothing like T:V.
As for picking up the enemys buckler, you can pick up any buckler that is on the ground, if you have the spare weapon slot. When you throw the buckler, the slot is cleared, so you could pick up another weapon. If you do this, the buckler when it returns will just drop to your feet.

Btw removing the following part makes the grapple a bit more realistic imo:

Code:
 if(getWord(%player.getPosition(), 2) < getWord(%impulsePos, 2)) 
      { 
         %len = vectorLen(%vec); 
         %player.applyImpulse(%player.getPosition(), vectorScale(%vec, %len*$GrappleHook::ImpulseScale)); 
      }

Right now it seems to be a bit too powerful to me, without that part it's a bit more like a real swing with gravity having a bit more effect.

Amadeu5 said:
Btw removing the following part makes the grapple a bit more realistic imo:

Code:
 if(getWord(%player.getPosition(), 2) < getWord(%impulsePos, 2)) 
      { 
         %len = vectorLen(%vec); 
         %player.applyImpulse(%player.getPosition(), vectorScale(%vec, %len*$GrappleHook::ImpulseScale)); 
      }

Right now it seems to be a bit too powerful to me, without that part it's a bit more like a real swing with gravity having a bit more effect.

I watched a video of T:V from australia. A capper returned to base in two grapples without touching the ground. It was VERY fast and the grapple clearly launched.

The hook provided what I can only describe as serious speed.

Get it here http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=299253

Last edited:
OK, fixed the Buckler. I suck at vector math, so I asked ZOD to do it for me, which it didnt turn out so good ;)
There is still the problem of the buckler overriding any other lock-on projectile when it returns (fire the buckler, fire some missiles, the missiles dumb fire and the buckler continues to return). Only way to fix that is to either not allow you to use any other weapon while the buckler is in the air, or to dumb fire the buckler once the missiles are created.

Sent ZOD yet another update via email.

The buckler and missile launcher now uses seperate schedules for the target scanning. This fixes a lot of the issues when using both weapons in quick succession while the last projectile is still in the air. So that means you can now fire your missile launcher when the buckler is returning without any issues.
The direction vector code has been fixed for the buckler.
Dud missiles now show up as items when they impact an object/interior/terrain when unarmed, along with a nice metalic thud sound.

Seems to me that like any other weapon, you shouldn't be able to switch weps while in use/reloading. Why make the buckler different?

Just got back in to town.. I'll update =(ir)= Vengeance a little later tonight.

KillerONE said:
Seems to me that like any other weapon, you shouldn't be able to switch weps while in use/reloading. Why make the buckler different?

I suspect ZOD will have another release shortly.

KillerONE said:

That's a question to ask from the devs. We do what they do. :)

Back