[PICS] What happens when you eat less & exercise... [epic?]

Icey said:
Props for losing all that weight. But you probably still aren't in the best of cardiovascular or muscular shape. I would suggest building on your accomplishments by pushing yourself further! Instead of just watching what you eat and exercising moderately, get out there and start a weight training/cardio program. You will get much healthier and feel even better than you do.

Now is the time to go that extra mile and set yourself in good habits for the rest of your life. Once again, congrats man. I know what it's like to be pasty white and fat. But now I'm in pretty good shape and in early training to get into MMA fighting condition.

I never lost as much as you did, never had to, so know that what you have done is truly remarkable. Inspirational for the rest of TW, seeing as how about 75% of the denziens here are far from being healthy.

Good work! :bigthumb:

you should shut the fuck up

ug icey ... he has been on a bike for x minutes everyday. that is pretty fucking good cardio shape if you ask me

I'm just saying it takes a long assed time to get in good cardio shape if you've been taxing the hell out of your system by being that overweight for that long. I think losing all that weight is fantastic, I just think that he needs to make sure he doesn't get comfortable with where he is and should consistently work to make sure he doesn't revert at all. That would be a shame.

Icey.jpg

look who's pedaling fitness advice

Yeah no kidding man. That's what you get when you slack off for two months over the summer. I learned the lessons I give to others the hard way.

Glare said:
ive slacked off for almost a whole year

and i dont look like that

whats up
Congrats. But I was pretty damn fat throughout middle and high school. Then I got into pretty decent shape.... and then I started delivering pizzas over the summer and didn't do that much exercising. That's what happens when your body doesn't have a history of being in good condition.

Since that pic was taken I've dropped another 15 pounds and began MMA training.

i was chunky in high school

i lost the weight, worked out hard, and am now slacking big time and the weight hasnt come back

i think the point im trying to make is that you should stop posting in this thread

well no wonder the only chicks that have showed interest in me are the ones with dale earnhardt jackets on

so, i'm curious as to how slacking off 2-3 months caused someone who is "athletic" to lose all their muscle and pack of 50lbs of flab?

Icey said:
I'm just saying it takes a long assed time to get in good cardio shape if you've been taxing the hell out of your system by being that overweight for that long. I think losing all that weight is fantastic, I just think that he needs to make sure he doesn't get comfortable with where he is and should consistently work to make sure he doesn't revert at all. That would be a shame.

I've been at 180 for the past four months. My maint routine is 1800-2000 calorie days in four meals and hitting the bike 3 times a week. I've had some seriously bad-for-you meals such as the birthday dinner and my metabolism was able to absorb the hit for me. Believe me, I've dabbled in the bad stuff to see what happens and so far it looks good.

Next step is to take the calories up to 3000-3500ish a day in six meals with 180+ grams of protein and start lifting... but right now, I'm just enjoying the fact that I look normal.

- D

That is beyond fucking impressive. You are my new hero. I weigh more than you did in the initial picture, so trust me when I say I feel the pain you were in.

I quit smoking about 3 years ago and after my lungs got in better shape, around a year, I started doing full body workouts and walking about 2 miles a day. I was beyond dedicated. I would work out 6 days a week, with moderate to heavy weight. Some days I would work out in the morning, then come home after work, walk my 2 miles, then work out for a half an hour before bedtime. I only mention this to illustrate how into losing weight I was.

I was down a little over 100 pounds in a year and feeling great about myself. I started getting more time at work after this and I decided that I was going to start trying to build muscle, so naturally I started eating more. While losing the initial weight, my main staple was tuna, 3 cans a day. That, a salad and my protein shakes (2 a day) were all I put into my body. Once I started eating to build, coupled with the extra hours at work, the weight just started piling on.

once the extra weight began to show up, I started, like an idiot, getting lazy. To make a long story a bit longer, I am not back up to a little more than what I started out as. I finally got myself to the doctor recently and he determined that, while I am morbisly obese, my body hasn't gotten so bad that I can't do something about it. Cholesterol is normal, etc... I've decided it is time to get back to my old ways and lose all this extra lard. Your thread has helped steel my determination. I'm going to save it and look at the before and after once a day. Congratulations and thank you.

Back