Lawrence AKA AdREnALine, I'm calling you out.

Why does me making fun of you have to be an imitation of someone else? To be fair, I always thought you were dumb.

Kura was actually a bit clever about it, his was a simple transition from one sub-forum to another that didn't have any relation outside being on Tribalwar. If you are going to make fun of me at least put some effort into it FFS.

Why is it this place slowed to a crawl when I left and started to lurk? I forgot the other people you lumped me in with to provide some of you with e-entertainment.

Kura was actually a bit clever about it, his was a simple transition from one sub-forum to another that didn't have any relation outside being on Tribalwar. If you are going to make fun of me at least put some effort into it FFS.

Why is it this place slowed to a crawl when I left and started to lurk? I forgot the other people you lumped me in with to provide some of you with e-entertainment.

What you and Kura had between you two.

And I'll be the first person to admit that this subforum is a lot less interesting without people like you, nail bomb and skysnipe.

I may come back over the summer since my school workload will be a lot less. I wouldn't want to raid more than 2 nights a week though. Law will also have to come back.

I just couldn't keep playing with the guild on Gorg, the players that were still in high school annoyed the shit out of me for the most part, there was pretty much never anybody in the raid to shoot the shit with on vent or just make gay comments while raiding, my mic was only used if I was asking a question, or replying to a question. The raid times were not good for me at all, 1am end time sucks, and when the raid went over I wouldn't even be getting to bed until 2am.

LastD was terrible as a tank, he was always more concerned with his dps, every boss fight was him saying over vent what his current dps was, it is good that he is feral dps, I used to say that all the time that he should just be playing dps because he would be the cause of a lot of wipes in 25 mans, and half the wipes in 10 mans that he was in. It was interesting to see what he was going to do wrong next, I remember being in one of the TotgC raids when I first joined and didn't know what was going on, LastD was tanking a boss in the right spot, it didn't have to be moved at all all he had to do was generate thread, suddenly he moves and points the boss at a bunch of people and kills them. I expected to hear something silly like "cat jumped on the keyboard" but he moved it on a purpose for whatever reason that he couldn't even explain clearly. I couldn't understand how he was allowed to be a main tank when everyone in the guild complained that he couldn't hold aggro in 5 man heroics as the best geared feral druid on the server and one of the best geared overall players on the server.

Right now I am having a lot of fun playing Battlefield: BC2, most fun I have had playing a game since Tribes 1, the type of game where you get on a empty server with a couple of people just mess around. We have on any given night 10-15 people from TW all on mumble (program like vent) playing together talking shit, making racial and gay comments and with a few jokes about somebodies mother, it is just like vent during the early STK days on vent.

Killjoy rented us a couple of servers and we get everyone on one of the servers playing together and in the same mumble channel so you hear a lot of people yelling "FUCK YOU" after another TW player kills them, always great for laughs.

It is the way gaming should be, no set times to be online for, you can leave whenever you want, you don't have 24 people standing around doing nothing because you are waiting for one key person to log in, people are actually there playing and having fun because they want to be there, not because they are expected to be there to fill out the raid.

It is the way gaming should be, no set times to be online for, you can leave whenever you want, you don't have 24 people standing around doing nothing because you are waiting for one key person to log in, people are actually there playing and having fun because they want to be there, not because they are expected to be there to fill out the raid.

A lot of people say things like this, and I can't really relate to it. For a game to interest me, it needs the complexity/depth/competition of, say, being in a raiding guild in WoW, or being in a competitive team ladder in Tribes. If it's just a game to log on whenever and kill a couple hours staring at pretty explosions, I just can't get into that. I might as well be playing Minesweeper at that point.

But I guess everyone games for different reasons.

That is the thing though, we are all working together in our squads and as a team all the time, but it doesn't require farming mats and gold, or watching videos, we can adapt to the situation and change it up on the fly. WoW was never that hard for me, the game isn't dynamic at all, once you know a boss fight you just do the exact same thing every week for months killing it the same way, the only way to change things up as a individual is to play as a different spec or a different character, I tanked enough to know that if you suddenly decide to move the boss to right instead of the left half the raid will freak out because you changed something and they were forced to adjust, and that is almost as bad as having the MT and OT switch roles for a fight, hunters MD the wrong target to the wrong people, healers need to be reassured that things will be ok that the OT won't require a lot more healing...

BF:BC2 is good because with the destructible terrain the map is always changing, a building you used 2 minutes ago as cover is now just a pile of rubble, a tank comes at you from a different direction than usual because they decided to knock down a wall to make a new path.

I like games that force me to adapt, not just run through the same rotation of buttons, stand at the same location, move when the timer or bosses health reaches a point when we need to move to the other location. I liked WoW for the social aspect, I would do random stuff in game like farm while watching tv or movies, which of course was very routine and didn't require any effort, I was never motivated by loot or having more gold.

Like I said before, when I found that most of the people I had fun playing with stopped playing, and the people that were still playing talked daily about how much they don't want to play, and on top of that having to deal with a bunch of people that annoyed the shit out of me took away all the fun of the game for me.

I just couldn't keep playing with the guild on Gorg, the players that were still in high school annoyed the shit out of me for the most part, there was pretty much never anybody in the raid to shoot the shit with on vent or just make gay comments while raiding, my mic was only used if I was asking a question, or replying to a question. The raid times were not good for me at all, 1am end time sucks, and when the raid went over I wouldn't even be getting to bed until 2am.

LastD was terrible as a tank, he was always more concerned with his dps, every boss fight was him saying over vent what his current dps was, it is good that he is feral dps, I used to say that all the time that he should just be playing dps because he would be the cause of a lot of wipes in 25 mans, and half the wipes in 10 mans that he was in. It was interesting to see what he was going to do wrong next, I remember being in one of the TotgC raids when I first joined and didn't know what was going on, LastD was tanking a boss in the right spot, it didn't have to be moved at all all he had to do was generate thread, suddenly he moves and points the boss at a bunch of people and kills them. I expected to hear something silly like "cat jumped on the keyboard" but he moved it on a purpose for whatever reason that he couldn't even explain clearly. I couldn't understand how he was allowed to be a main tank when everyone in the guild complained that he couldn't hold aggro in 5 man heroics as the best geared feral druid on the server and one of the best geared overall players on the server.

Right now I am having a lot of fun playing Battlefield: BC2, most fun I have had playing a game since Tribes 1, the type of game where you get on a empty server with a couple of people just mess around. We have on any given night 10-15 people from TW all on mumble (program like vent) playing together talking shit, making racial and gay comments and with a few jokes about somebodies mother, it is just like vent during the early STK days on vent.

Killjoy rented us a couple of servers and we get everyone on one of the servers playing together and in the same mumble channel so you hear a lot of people yelling "FUCK YOU" after another TW player kills them, always great for laughs.

That's because BC2 is fucking awesome (although I play on ps3 with other TWers).

Back