Ulduar

I mean, you can distill the entire game to:

DPS shit.
Don't stand in shit.

Clearly the Ulduar version of that is more fun than the Molten Core version of it.

My favourite thing is the way trash is handled. There's a decent amount of it in places but it really doesn't give an overwhelming vibe the way SSC or BT trash did.

The only fight we've had anything I would consider "trouble" with was Yogg, because it requires a lot of DPS on a lot of different targets, which took a while to sort out.

Joined a new guild and got into Ulduar last night. 1 Shot flame, Razorscale, 2 shot XT, and 2 shot Kologarn. Continuing tonight :)

one problem with muru is it required a very certain group make up in order to have any chance of meeting the dps requirements, everyone had to pretty much have best in slot as well

it's pretty obvious they aren't doing things like that anymore

the thing w/ muru was, it required a certain group make up, but it was a really balanced group make up. a few tanks, 1.5-2ish groups of melee dps, same of caster, then healers. if you wanted to raid w/ just a completely fucked setup, you weren't gonna go far. tbh, i was ok w/ that

and it required coordination to change phases. as far as gear is concerned, they spaced shit out in swp, so by the time you got to that fight you had had time to gear out your raid. you could maybe think of hardmodes as the gates in swp or something. you're gearing out your raid and will be on them soon

it's only week two of ulduar, and they're already nerfing encounters that have already been beaten. enrage timers increased, mob hp lowered, shit like that. they need to let ppl play and see the fights, and so sorry if ppl don't beat everything in the first week. take time to learn new encounters

I was in a guild 10 man run last night, was fun to learn content with only 10 people.

Auriaya gave us some problems until we figured out the mechanics and I got my positioning and pull down. I tanked 1 cat and the boss, figured out that tossing the shield at the cat worked better because if the cat got past me on the pull and I taunted it would hit me in the back for a one shot kill.

I prefer spending a bit of time learning fights instead of reading detailed instructions on exactly what to do, although I do understand how much easier that makes it when you have 25 people having to pay repairs.

We found out since Ulduar that we have 5-6 window lickers, most of which are melee. I love it when our uber geared elemental shaman has to be reminded to drop Totem of Wrath, or a "Core Raid" holy priest dies to eye beams on Kolo. Time to recruit more people. -_-

Has anyone here downed any hardmodes on the keepers yet?

I was curious if anyone tried any MC on Thorim Hardmode. The NPCs have a lot of nice buffs but I'm not sure if its viable with a lot of stuns/aoe-damage to priests...

How are you guys doing the 25-man Auriaya pull? Saw it for the first time last night, and only on a couple attempts did we even make it past the pull, only to have our warrior fail to interrupt that thing that pwns us or have DPS take too long killing the wolves.

Anyway, we mainly tried having a pally bubble and pull them and the tanks taunt off him. We were also messing around with snake trap, but it's just so finicky that it's hard to tell what is actually working or if we're just getting lucky if it does work.

Any particular strat that helps ensure the pull goes smoother? I realize the pull is the most difficult part of the fight, but it's just so unstable that I'm not sure how to guarantee one shots in the future.

How do you all handle it?

Two Hunters MD the middle adds to the two tanks in back, a Paladin Bubbles and BoPs the 1st Hunter, then the front tanks pick up their mobs with taunt as they come up the stairs.

Pally bubble pull is likely easier.

Back