[TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork

so how would you make ribs in an oven?
i've never done it, some google and the butcher said to cover tray in foil, put a bit of water in the tray, heat for 15 or so at 350, until the water evaporates, then cover with your sauce. another 10 maybe and recoat?

how would you make ribs in oven, getting as much sauce nigasauce infused as you can, while preventing dryness.

I know this is late, but I do all my ribs in the oven. I use baby backs but St. Louis or spares work the same.

Double foil the ribs and pop them in the oven for 2 hours at 350 degrees. That's it. You can then marinate them overnight in a sauce of your choice or just let them cool down before putting them on the grill. I cook them the night before and do not marinate them. I then take them out and finish them on the grill the sauce.

The meat falls of the bone though I know that is not the "perfect" rib bite. I've been doing them that way for 6 years and it's never failed me. The secret is the sauce and the meat quality. I remove the skin off the back of the rib and trim off excessive fat, but leave enough for it to render when cooking.

I ended up doing the ribs after watching some YouTube.

Foiled it up. Set upside down. 2 hours at 250. Then painted sauce and put in oven at 350 for 10min. Repaint. 10min. 3 paints and 30min at 350 total.

Wasn't bad. Nothing like fire kissed, but not bad. Don't know how to make it better.

Doing it again right now actually. The second rack.

You may be able to completely cook them in the foil and then hit them with a 450 to 500 degree broiler to caramelize the sauce. I cook mine completely in the oven and then finish them in the grill with the sauce.

I would imagine that your previous batch of ribs came out "saucy" without much of a crust. Oven baked ribs are basically steamed and rely on the finishing touches (a good sugar based sauce that you can caramelize) to stand out.

Ya ktm. You pretty much sumed up my experience.

Making foolsauce again to do the pork butt. Whatever I did before was poor for spreading on ribs. Sauce clumped around the bigger onion. My biggesr problem was that ir had little body so it would run

Add a thickener? Maybe I fuxked up the simmer or something. Still tasted amazing. Probably wont matter anyway in a crock pot.

yhsXyMP.jpg

Definitely didn't reduce crock pot juice enough. Took forever, still not enough. Wonder if poor fat skimming is why it took so long.

Oil layer kills evaporation, but isnt most of reduction boiling and not vaporization?

I'm still a llama at this business.

Last edited:
wow that looks tasty!

If you can't afford a fat separator or you need one in a pinch, just get a freezer bag and put your juice in there and cut a corner off, the fat will stay on top while the goodies drain out the bottom.

Back