Buildings

Njal Storm

Veteran X
i sure hope the 'eye candy' for the buildings are designed for the 'atmosphere'.

meaning, take a look at the T1 cover art.......

you get that feeling of old ancient ruins w/ 'ohh ya place that defense computer in that rock wall'

T2 was so 'techie' in the buildings.

decrepit buildings would rule.......

not perfect bases w/ inventories everywhere.........

no these bases are 'hasty' fabrications for the days battle......

i would expect to see a inventory not flat/perfectly mounted; more than likely it was thrown in the corner, hallways would be beaten up, power cables running everywhere........

sorry ---> immersion whore here

I made this on the Tribes3.org boards in march, so sorry if its wierd :)

This is a request, well a plea. One of the most disheartening things about Tribes 2 was that it was pretty at the cost of functionality. Tribes 2 was marketed as team warfare on a epic scale, with 32-64 people in a server at a time.

One of my biggest problems with the game(I still play it) is that the maps that shipped with the games had little entrances that looked good but were not at all practical. They were 1-2 people doorways, with funky little arches and extraneous lips on them. However, when you have swarms of people trying to get in and out of these little tiny doorways it creates a massive traffic jam that is frusterating and often results in TKs. It would have been much better if the doors had been made to allow people to flow in and out of them, perhaps 4 people wide with no obstuctions in the way such as arches that heads or shoulders can get cought on.

There are other things such as candle holders, flagstands, and stairs that are just annoying. I just ask that when your modlers are designing bases for maps they think about such things. I like eye candy, but I don't like it at the cost of functionality. So please think of how things will actually work out when they are played.
Fling :D

Back