Ed Orman speaks!

Yea, I guess we get that video in sometime in june too

edit: was reading it and I found this pretty funny:

More than that, Sierra asked for "epic", and that's what we've gone for
p0w!

Last edited:
actionvault said:
That means making sure the terrain is able to give the player the information they need to move properly - so we accentuate gradients, pick out potential ski routes with textures.

er I'm hoping they don't make skiing too easy

I don't see why that's such a big deal. In fact it's a rather good idea as I see it as an immersion tool for the single player campaign. In some areas terrain is worn down b/c of erosion I would think.

And if you think this is going to determine the fastest routes in mp you've got something else comming. You're totally free to make up whtever routes you want, but someone playing tribes for the first time will have no idea how to do that. They'll follow the beaten paths and feel like they're actually accomplishing something. Likewise the defenders who don't know tribes will be guarding those paths. This isn't a big deal as some would make it out to be. You can still pull an awe inspiring feat of making a differnt route where the LD isn't expecting you. They'll have a harder time with the chase and they'll realize there are other ways to ski around.

Too many purists these days :p

imo, the fun part of skiing is going fast, and hitting a nice clean route perfectly. what isnt fun is finding them all. so bring on the textures. everyone steals everyones routes anyway.

Blotter said:
imo, the fun part of skiing is going fast, and hitting a nice clean route perfectly. what isnt fun is finding them all. so bring on the textures. everyone steals everyones routes anyway.
:lies: Clearly you are not l33t then, as real players prefer to spend countless hours creating routes marked with endless beacons until they get it just right. :huh: ...screw that, I'm with you!

<3 Blotter :wave:

Back