Consolidated Tribes 1 Master Servers Thread

Another idea

Someone could host a set of public DNS resolvers that were
configured to support the zone "masters.dynamix.com".

People could set their windows boxes up to use those DNS
servers instead.

When their tribes 1/2/3 did a query on something in the
"masters.dynamix.com" zone the local data would be used
instead rather than going to the actual dynamix.com DNS
servers.

So we could point at our own set of master servers by just
telling people to update their DNS settings.

bugs_ said:
Someone could host a set of public DNS resolvers that were
configured to support the zone "masters.dynamix.com".

People could set their windows boxes up to use those DNS
servers instead.

When their tribes 1/2/3 did a query on something in the
"masters.dynamix.com" zone the local data would be used
instead rather than going to the actual dynamix.com DNS
servers.

So we could point at our own set of master servers by just
telling people to update their DNS settings.

I think you are describing a problem best solved by a HOSTS file entry.

dang-GIT!

I had a good master server the other day but my T1 setup was b0rked by my 4yr old so I went to my CD archive - now I lost the good master server and all the ones on Google are old and broked.

Fuck, I can't get any good ones either.

Can someone please update the list. What's the best master server these days?

If someone can get in touch with me that knows how to run a master server, I think I may be able to help. I've got the server resources that are necessary to run one and servers sitting idle.

I'd like to get one going with some T1 low ping game servers and 1 for a master server. I've emailed out a few folks but it's going to be hard to get replies for something that was released so long ago. Again, if anyone here has the knowledge in this area or even just the files alone to do this stuff, let me know asap, I can get things going in a reliable environment. My email is ankit[at]cernax[dot]com.

If it's worth anything, I've recently develped a master server for Legends, and it would appear that the protocol is the same for T2, so if need be, I might be able to release it as a T2 master server.

As you can tell there down again! Mine is still running at the new address t1m1.TribesMaster.com:28000 Go into options then to network and add this master and you will see a list of Servers. If your a server admin and need to know how to add your server to this master instant message me at DFZedRWX on aol or icq me at 103689994

Zed
This is still up and running!

Well, I don't know if those master servers still operate, but if GG is unsuccessful I am running a master server.

kigen.ath.cx:28000

I think tribalwar should host the master server :X

I would volunteer some of my boxes but they are all behind nasty firewalls due to the bank and credit card processors requirements.

I'm running a Master at t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 put together by Crotalus, and relentlessly tested by NoFix.

This version will pull information from other masters, and include it in its own list. For those of you that don't know, the stock Tribes client will only pull a server list from one master at a time, this master fixes that.

Annihilation Mod :: View topic - Offical Master Server

You guys can test this either by adding new server with the network tab in Tribes:
Options > Network > Add >
Name = new master
Address = t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
However, adding it this way will cause tribes to ignore all other servers in the case of failure.

If you add it to your setup manually, Tribes will use the first working master in the line, this Master will automatically include other available masters. If you run a game server, Tribes will register with all servers in the list.

To add it manually for servers or clients:
open config\serverPrefs.cs
Find the line containing
Code:
$Server::Master1 = "
In line after add
Code:
t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
Note there should be a space after 28000, for example:
Code:
$Server::Master1 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m2.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m3.masters.dynamix.com:28000";
(All one line)

Find the line containing
Code:
$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "
In line after add:
Code:
t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
Note there should be a space after 28000, for example
Code:
$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m2.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m3.masters.dynamix.com:28000";
(all one line)

If you experience problems, you may shut down Tribes, and delete serverPrefs.cs all together. Tribes will rebuild it on restart.

If you don't feel comfortable making changes to your main Tribes install, you can get a fresh Tribes patched and ready to run here: http://www.tribes0.com/trorbs.zip

Last edited:
Back