Console question!

Denalin

Veteran X
During CounterStrike or UT2k4, if you are the admin of a server, you can go into the console and change things like friction, speed, gravity? How do you do this in T:V??? I noticed you can change gravity with the console with 'setgravity #' but that only works offline and only affects gravity-affected weapons (ie Mortar, Grenades...).

HELP

yep. we've messed with the gravity physics settings in the map files too, and all they do is affect how far nades/mortars fly. a nifty thing i also noticed once, making the z gravity scale positive makes then things that you drop when you die float up into the air rather than settle to the ground.

Geiss said:
yep. we've messed with the gravity physics settings in the map files too, and all they do is affect how far nades/mortars fly. a nifty thing i also noticed once, making the z gravity scale positive makes then things that you drop when you die float up into the air rather than settle to the ground.
In otherwords, "setgravity" changes the Unreal Engine's native physics, and doesn't do anything to the custom engine that experimental created.

i suppose so... that didnt make much sense to me. layman's terms of what i was saying tho... farking with gravity doesnt affect players, only the items that rely on gravity to fall (ie nades, dropped packs, mortars, etc)

Geiss said:
i suppose so... that didnt make much sense to me. layman's terms of what i was saying tho... farking with gravity doesnt affect players, only the items that rely on gravity to fall (ie nades, dropped packs, mortars, etc)
Basically, IG replaced the Unreal Engine physics engine with their own, except that items use the Unreal-native code. So when you're skiing and jetting around, you're using the physics that experimental coded at IGA, and when you die and your health kit and weapons fall to the ground it uses the Unreal Engine.

The old Unreal console commands change the Unreal-native physics, and thus only affect the items, and presumably grenades and mortars I guess.

Denalin said:
So, how do they make those low-grav levels in single player affect players?

Volumes, I believe.
I haven't tested, tho. You could find out for sure by opening one of said levels and checking out what they've got set up.

Back