constructive map potential fixes to solve base rape issues.

Pachacutec

Veteran X
i dont want to slow down the heavy or decrease mortar ammo strength or have admins becomes nazis, so here is a list of my suggestions for map changes.

1. if not already, make meshes not fireable thorugh for any weapon/turret
2. spiridian - make side entrances mesh and add 2 back entrances with 2 small backwards blast sheilds (the flag has 2 forward blast sheilds) to prevent spamming from center structure, forcing ho to come and actually fly above, land, walk and jump in to rape. (unrelated, please increase OOB upwards limit, i hate hitting that i hate it i hate it i hate it)

3. fort - tough one :\ i think despite its look i think fort will end up having major spam issues as the bases are spitting distances from each other.
at a loss here besides making them further apart. perhaps change the bases to face away from each other? or place flag on top of the base with entrances meshed side ways so people can get out?

4. tropics - move BE base higher above the ground and move the base 90 degrees clockwise so entrance is side, and add mesh in the back. this forces the heavies entry angle to be different and higher, slowing down their speed of getting there. also with it facing water, it balances it like the phoenix base, with no parked rover getting easy access to an entrance (they'd have to fly over it)

5. junk - mesh on the side entrances, leave entrances under and above base open for heavies.

hey buddy maybe you have been raped on spridian yet, if you have you'll see how tedious it makes the pub experience. you cant spawn because your base is on fire and being mortared.

its like SB all over again except there is only one point you need to spam.

I hate to break it to you but there is no chance of maps being edited by developers after release. They might make new maps but they won't edit old ones.

Your best bet if you want these changes made is to edit the maps yourself and release them under improved version name.

Klade said:
I hate to break it to you but there is no chance of maps being edited by developers after release. They might make new maps but they won't edit old ones.

Your best bet if you want these changes made is to edit the maps yourself and release them under improved version name.

yeah i dont expect the devs to do this, i'd rather we take it on. I'll even look at it, but I'm no mapmaker unforutunately.

I said this in Beta and it obviously needs to be repeated. Pubs usually have way more people playing HO than playing LD or HD. To top that off, you rarely see a good playing playing HD. Stopping the standard pub HO isn't that hard.

its me its me its me. ^^

In spiridian, a player spawn location at the bottom where the other items are spawned would really help that map.

I think every map should have the spawn point outside of the base, that way people can actually have a fighting chance to retake their base. Also, it would be cool if the resupply station could actually allow you to switch weapons and packs (not armor) so that you could go into a base with a fighting chance.

Klade said:

I beg to differ.

IIRC Riverdance was considerably altered post release, removing some midfield towers. Reversion had some tall towers removed and replaced with shorter bunkers.

Now, to the original post . . . .

Spiridian might simply be T:V's version of SH / DX where you technically have a base but no hope of defending it. I don't know.

We could be looking at true "midfield" on Fort in order to cut down on spamming heavies. The only thing that can really be spammed is the flag area, and offense has an alternate exit point, so you aren't really talking about a situation where spam can trap a team in their base.

Yes, yes yes on Tropics. Those bases are a LOT closer together than most folks realize and frankly are way too small and accessible. A simple turn to make the entry point harder to access would be a big improvement. Higher wouldn't hurt either, but not too much.

I'm not sure about Junk. In pubs its a problem because you typically don't see anyone dedicated to keeping the enemy tower down. By knocking the enemy tower offline you cut down on the ability to bring HO by a large factor. No, its not something you can take apart and then leave it, because the rep pack is too convenient. You have to take an active, continuous role in keeping that tower down.

bump for constructive problem solving and less for complaining.

the other threads people just bitch in endless circles, lets try to explore a solution that doesn't require players to read a million different server rules or nerf any armors.

the maps are fine.

THIS IS NOT A PREVIOUS TRIBES GAME IN A NEW GRAPHICS ENGINE.

that has to be said, because it means nothing plays identically. you have to learn each map, but when you do they play fine.

dudeman said:
the maps are fine.

THIS IS NOT A PREVIOUS TRIBES GAME IN A NEW GRAPHICS ENGINE.

that has to be said, because it means nothing plays identically. you have to learn each map, but when you do they play fine.

how is that relevant? do you like spawning in fire?
ggs ani, told you that in the other thread too ;)

Just because it is a different game does not mean none of the maps have problems. you guys have no idea what your talking about if you think these maps are perfect. All oif them have their PROs AND CONs. I like ALL of the maps- but that doesnt mean that some don't need to be altered to make them playable. My guess is you guys just arent pubbing as much as some of us to have seen the problems recreate themselves time after time ALA Spiridian Spam/Spawn Bug.

On a side note: Hate to sound like a newbie myself but Banditman - you mentioned an alternate Exit for Offense on Fort. Ive played the map 10+ times and even in 2 scrimmages and i have no idea what your talking about. Are you just referring to the Rover which althouygh a mobile spawn point- is easily destroyed and timed respawn. its not a guranteed viable Second Exit. If i am wrong then i know 2 whole teams who are going to feel mighty sheepish. Where is this extra exit?

the roof man

fortbase.jpg

See the opening above? You can fly through it.

Pachacutec said:
how is that relevant? do you like spawning in fire?

huh? I have yet to spawn and insta die maybe more than 10 times out of the ten's of hours I've put into mp. you know that thing on your back? the jetpack? It helps you fly away from a sudden threat so you can turn around and return fire... the only way you could have a major problem is if you just stand there when you spawn

dudeman said:
huh? I have yet to spawn and insta die maybe more than 10 times out of the ten's of hours I've put into mp. you know that thing on your back? the jetpack? It helps you fly away from a sudden threat so you can turn around and return fire... the only way you could have a major problem is if you just stand there when you spawn
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Try playing in a more populated server on that map. There were probably about 5 heavies constantly spamming mortars into the base. They were firing at such a constant rate that you died right as you spawned. Even with the temporary invincibility.

Back