Coolest, Funniest moments in Tribes(1 or 2)?

Coolest.

During a Clan Match or a "Tribal Match" With my clan TW, and Another Clan (2 years ago not sure wich) in StarsiegeCraft Mod. ANyway We were on Scarabre, and We had just capped and were on our way flying out as the entire team spilled out of the main entrance of their base. And there were only three of us, The Flag Man, Me and my freind ( who was In my living room using my cable) Were flying away from them. So we Flew over the first big hill and started skiing across as me and my freind were dropping mines as we ski'ed. The mines killed one person pursuing us, (there was 6) and 1 of them dropped off to take the tower wich would tie us without the cap we were taking right now. It was 4-3 with us holding tower. So My friend who was in marine armor dropped a yam and that immidieatly dropped them off our tail they spread out and the flag runner took off as me and my friend tried taking on all 4 of them. I got one, and took the other one to the brink of death, then landed and killed myself, while my friend finished killing the one I was working on, and killed another then the last of the four killed him. That one then Started to take off when I noticed by a death message showing he was killed by a sniper of ours. The one who broke off to take the tower had taked off after the Flag runner while me and my freind were fighting and right as I bought my armor and started to leave the base I saw the Last of the 6 enemies kill the flag runner a few meteres to my left as he was trying to go into the upper hall's on scarabre as I was coming out the bottom. I flew up and grabbed the flag right as he went to shoot me I saw him die and his dead body land at my feet. (Same sniper of ours) And I ran in to cap it for the win with 7 seconds left.

countless funny moments.. to many to recall. Something which isn't a funny monent per se, but something I like to do which makes me smile/smirk/laugh is doing HALO jumps from a scout on scarbrae with like 15 seconds left to take the objective past like 4 enemies who were camping on it to try and win due to no caps. Map ends a second after I claim it, they never see ya coming and scream cheater sometimes :)

We had a clan lan back a few summers ago, me and a few (3) tribes-mates are watchin Sabin playing RC with Natural in the server. We're all watching carefully as Sabin is playing flag LD with the flag at home and no one in sight. All of a sudden the flag capture sound comes up, "Natural captures the Diamond Sword flag." All of us look around in confusion. "Did he grab the flag?" "Did anyone see him grab the flag?" "No, did you?" "No." "WTF I was watching the whole time, our flag was at home, right?" "Yeah..."

It was the scariest thing ever.

I fear that guy.

Cloak or sensor jamming pack near the enemy vpad.
Enemy orders a bomber, I jump into bomber seat, press 2, and whaaaaaa, drop a bunch of bombs.

Same goes for enemy tanks parked next to the flag stand. They usually leave the pilot seat open. I jump in and start smushing the enemy.

Funnies moment for me was when i was playing for MH and reaverXR, delmar, and spamtheman started messin with me with tricon2. i was a n00b at the time, probably still am heh, and i was so freaking confused. didnt know what the heck was going on. reaver kept on asking me where i got these hacks and stuff. it was great fun any whoo. But the great part was they told me to post my demo of it onto TW, so i did! Everyone should go find it, probably isnt there anymore, but still, GO FIND IT. Its great fun making fun of myself.

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
Cool: Owning |5150|Smooth22 so bad that he kicked me from the server.
I doubt smooth even knows how to change a map, let alone kick someone. You sound like one of those forever teamless elites. The ones who become legends in their own minds, but never wind up on a good team. Am I close?

Funniest moments were when I would be upstairs in lynx's house sleeping with his sister when I would here him yell "WTF I so had that flag" lol. Also he used to kick me and our freind out of the room when he would have an "offical match"

MEMORIES

DAeR said:
Funniest moments were when I would be upstairs in lynx's house sleeping with his sister when I would here him yell "WTF I so had that flag" lol. Also he used to kick me and our freind out of the room when he would have an "offical match"

MEMORIES
:lol:

AgentOrange said:
I doubt smooth even knows how to change a map, let alone kick someone. You sound like one of those forever teamless elites. The ones who become legends in their own minds, but never wind up on a good team. Am I close?

Like some of the most respectable players. Doing their own thing, rather than being a lamer and jumping on some popular bandwagon. Starting from scratch or working with their team, rather than abandoning them for some "uber elite" team. Now THAT is the kinda legend that shouldn't die. Those are the kind of players that would have made Tribes 2 an absolutely great game. Instead you have the very small group of teams that have a chance at #1. Then you have a small group that will hold top 10-15. Then there's maybe another small group holding the next 5-10 positions. After that, it's a bunch of tribes that the majority of the community doesn't give a shit about. What does that result in? Very boring, predictable competition ladders and a self-defeating community.

Last edited:
Getting drunk with Toole and joining servers as big name players (Natural, slut, DaBomb, etc) and TK'ing was probably the funniest thing I remember. Nobody would vote to kick us because we were big names :(

P.S. If sLaM is reading this then it wasn't me..

piloting a cout and getting blasted by the RT on raindance, the force made me go supersonic and I flew over several hills before I impacted and died, then slid over a couple more beofre my corpse came to a halt.

that and tossing my last mortar shell behind an incoming light when I was Door HD on Raindance, the explosion killed him and threw him into me, he must've been carrying mortar ammo for some reason cos when his body flew through mine he realoded my mortar back up to full.

Piata=King said:
When rapture kicked their LD because we (eM) were capping to much.

That and UK ramming into a tree with a tank saying "look at me! I'm banshee!"

That'll teach our ld to think that tailgunning a bomber is an effective means of flag defense.

k, one of the funniest was listening to shoutcasts for matches. Things come to mind such as PEN vs EXE on Death Birds Fly or whatever that map is. The map where it's like impossible to cap
ANYWAYS, Aarvid finally makes a clean grab and gets a gravcycle pickup, and everyone is cheering cause it's a sure cap. He bails out by his base but immediately gets into a shrike that was falling towards him. So he's stuck in there for a couple of seconds, he gets out, dies, and flag is returned.

also, STIX vs =V= with Redneck shouting STIIIIIIIIIIIX BABBBBBBBBEEEEEEE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! At the start of the match.

one of my funniest was in the duel tourney mod in tribes 1 demo oh so long ago, it was on maximum velocity i believe(basically a huge half-pipe really really high up) where i dissapeared behind the bridges that made up the half-pipe and told the other guy i fell, other people joined in saying i had fallen and had a sliver of health, and that he should jump down after me. so while he is contemplating jumping off the side of the platform i sneak down to where he is, pop up right behind him, do a quick v-a-h and disc him right off the platform, about 30 seconds later when he hit the ground i won the match :)

Back