Constantly being "Rejected by Server"

i just got this problem fixed, so i guess i'll post what i did in my particular case

i have a linksys router and onboard ethernet on my intel mobo.
basically, went into the router (192.168.1.1) and i went to the advanced tab. setup my computer as the DHZ (so basically just about everything gets forwarded to me now). to find your IP on the network go to start>cmd>ipconfig. if you havent already, you also need to go to network settings>local area connection properties>tcp/ip properties> and setup the information there manually so that your local network address never changes. you can get all the info you need to plugin to that by doing start>run>cmd>ipconfig/all .

havent gotten rejected since. blahahhaaha

boyscout said:
i just got this problem fixed, so i guess i'll post what i did in my particular case

i have a linksys router and onboard ethernet on my intel mobo.
basically, went into the router (192.168.1.1) and i went to the advanced tab. setup my computer as the DHZ (so basically just about everything gets forwarded to me now). to find your IP on the network go to start>cmd>ipconfig. if you havent already, you also need to go to network settings>local area connection properties>tcp/ip properties> and setup the information there manually so that your local network address never changes. you can get all the info you need to plugin to that by doing start>run>cmd>ipconfig/all .

havent gotten rejected since. blahahhaaha

yea, but you're probably also a warez dumpsite and an irc bot by now.

SuperTrap said:
readme

The following UDP ports need to be opened:

The following TCP ports need to be opened:

Had every port on that list open but 28910. Ive been getting rejected by servers for a while now, but its happened more rarely (like instead of every 5-10 minutes, every other map.)

go and see, thanks for the list

triple said:
Had every port on that list open but 28910. Ive been getting rejected by servers for a while now, but its happened more rarely (like instead of every 5-10 minutes, every other map.)

go and see, thanks for the list

damn. I was trying to flame you for not reading the readme but you thanked me so it blew up in my face.
:grimreape

Father Ruckus said:
i am too triple, i had the same issue w/ ut2k3, but not 2k4, so i dunno

AFAIK, T:V was built using the ut2k3 engine - don't know if they merged any of the newer engine components into it. It sure seems to have many of the same probs as ut2k3.

Back