Construction mod makes Return!

S

SmartZ

Anyone here remeber/still play the construction mod for t2? well, id like to announce that it will not die with t2. I am currently working on the next construction mod, for tribes vengeance, construction 2, or as im calling it, TVCM (tribes vengeance construction mod.)
For those of you unfamilliar with the t2 construction mod, ill explain about it. Construction was a unique mod, it had its own special community, and its own direction. Insted of fighting, you built.
Now, im sure this sounds boring at first, but to many of us from tribes 2, it was the coolest thing ever :).
I'm working on a list of all the things i need to code before i release. Once i'm done with the list, ill post a link to it up here, and start working.
Once i finish what i promise on the list (or before if i slack off a lil) i'll release TVCM.

We are going to be remaking the construction mod as a part of our mod. We can work together to make it alot faster. Come join us on irc.dynamix.com at #gtwar

Actually, i need to learn UC before i do start, but dont worry, im a professional programmer, and i was one of the developers of the most popular (and best) versions of t2 construction. (quantium edition all they way :D)

I thought Quantium (well, any mod for that matter) was a rather bloated edition of Construction mod - or to put it better, more like a novelty that wore out quick with stuff that was fun initially, but was never really needed. I trust you won't be doing this with the base T:V Construction.

Well, earlier versions of quantium were like that, i hated that. Eventually quantium became the edition about building, and building well. The more recent (and we've decided, final) version of quantium enhances construction QUITE a bit.
You can download 3.3 at www.caffeinepower.net/quantium/

SmartZ said:
Well, i played GTW in t2, it was fun, and a great game, but it isnt the same thing as construction. I might talk to them on the methods they use, but i plan to make a different mod.

The point wouldn't be to make them the same mod. The idea is that GTW needs Construction MOD to be as good as it was, and since people like Construction by itself there's no reason why the two mods shouldn't collaborate for the making of Construction and then go their separate ways once its complete. Just think of it as people offering their help in creating the mod.

Holy shazbot! Is this really true? Construction mod has kept me playing Tribes 2 during times when I was tired of the regular FPS action, and is probably my most memorable mod in T2 ever, as, ironically, I made a crapload of friends there with whom I lost contact with after my Tmail has stopped working.

My name in T2 was "Yourself!"

Diotoir said:
The point wouldn't be to make them the same mod. The idea is that GTW needs Construction MOD to be as good as it was, and since people like Construction by itself there's no reason why the two mods shouldn't collaborate for the making of Construction and then go their separate ways once its complete. Just think of it as people offering their help in creating the mod.

Yep, that is what I was saying. ;)

Don't waste your time building the whole damn thing yourself. Working together is how mods get made.

Back