Constantly being "Rejected by Server"

Julius

Veteran XV
every 30 or 40 minutes i'll get rejected by the server. Doesn't matter where i'm playing. Could happen 2 times a map. really annoying when playing in scrims and such :[

Looking for help on what causes it or how to fix it.

Last edited:
I know it happens when the server is in the process of changing maps
Dunno about the other random times, might just be coz nobody likes julius

same problem, I hear its an unreal engine issue. router problem, the right ports arent open or something - all I need is a list and im set.

triple said:
same problem, I hear its an unreal engine issue. router problem, the right ports arent open or something - all I need is a list and im set.

readme

The following UDP ports need to be opened:

The following TCP ports need to be opened:

Nothing should need to be opened up for outgoing requests typically (on a router/firewall) unless you have a server (which will be getting inbound requests).

Julius said:
i don't hardly ever get it in the process of changeing maps. only while i'm playing in the middle of a map :/

Same thing with me, and it's so very very annoying not to be able to play a full map without having to rejoin and start all over.

Last night in a scrim me and most of my team had this issue, we'd join up again, a few minutes later same thing happened, then again, then when most people gave up and didn't bother to join back up, I tried to join and it said my ip was banned on the server. Then the other team said it was because of needing more memory and "it's a known issue". But I have a gig of dual channel mushkin memory, and they said "well, most of my team has 3 gigs".

I really hope it doesn't take 3 gigs to be able to stay in a server. I will hate with a passion (but still play of course, while hating).

I'm also sure there was some tomfoolery going on there, but nonetheless, this error does happen every map or every other map (about every 20-30 minutes)

This is worse than T2 UE's

atleast you guys can play without having to use gamespy. When ever I use the TV client to grab a server list it borks my nic. Gotta reboot. When I use gamespy to browse the server list, it works peachy keen. Only problem being:
1. I hate gamespy
2. It puts me in game as Player rather than what I've got setup on the TV client

Back