Coolest, Funniest moments in Tribes(1 or 2)?

I was dueling this really good guy and I was going to join his team, but he was trying me out. I got a really really long MA nade on him, it wasn't my first, but my first one that wasn't on like a LD or something.

Also, some kid wanted to duel me, I ma'd him 5 times, 3 of them were nr's but all were just from going up at each other once. fucking owned him, t'was great.

kills.jpg

Renegades with nofog.

in t1 I like to go in the enemy base and stand next to the inv.

often times people will ignore you and jump right into the inv. and you can wave "bye" before your laser rifle headshot.

You know that platform sticking out of each of the bases on Riverdance that was above the flag and had a door leading to the gens?

My clan was having a practice and about 7 of them were sitting on the Storm team's base's the platform discussing strats. I was sort of a little bitch so they killed me and i respawned in the other base, the bloodeagle one (i was on the BE team). I suited up in heavy armour and walked all the way to their base, went to a hill, aimed an arc at the platform and fired a mortar onto the platform. They were all lights so they died and i got kicked lol lol lol :D

VektorX said:
k, one of the funniest was listening to shoutcasts for matches. Things come to mind such as PEN vs EXE on Death Birds Fly or whatever that map is. The map where it's like impossible to cap
ANYWAYS, Aarvid finally makes a clean grab and gets a gravcycle pickup, and everyone is cheering cause it's a sure cap. He bails out by his base but immediately gets into a shrike that was falling towards him. So he's stuck in there for a couple of seconds, he gets out, dies, and flag is returned.

hahahahhaha
and it's forever immortalized in my movie
http://www.teampendragon.com/publicdownloads/Aarvid.avi

:)

it was a gay tournament but the Sierra/D-Link Summer Games arena tourney

after it fudgeed up they did a huge 14 vs 14 man match. our team won, i had 28 kills, and got a free longsleeve tshirt

also "elf-busters" with SelfDestruct and a few others.....early arena, etc

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
Funny: getting shrike's and transports stuck through the walls of the base on Roller Coaster.
stuckshrike.jpg

Also, MPB flipping. Spent an entire practice on Katabatic flipping MPB's. We did a base to base jump, a jump where I survived and ended up 10,000 meters away from our base.

Experiencing the MPB bug in early classic that would make it fly off the vehicle pad like it had been conc'd.

Cool: Owning |5150|Smooth22 so bad that he kicked me from the server.

Going 3 for 3 in sniper duels against some really good sniper (was in Rapture, can't remember his name though).
How did u jump that far????

I forget what Tribe I was playing against or what one I was with for that matter. It was back in my renegades days. The other team was hysterically bad and there was a lot of llama caging going on. We capped in the first minute of the match and just messed with them until time ran out.

the 180m MA on someone in T2 CnH on Equinox, when I was switching bases to go NW instead of SE. So I run through the spawn area, see a red IFF (invisible spawner at this point), toss off a disc in roughly his direction, and then about 10 seconds later I get told I got a ~180m MA on someone, which I never actually saw :(

[edit] and my staged 7000 point pub on Feign

oooh thats another t2 thing

even tho base was shazbot i made a 7 man team called the Foreign Exchange Students. on quagmire we HO capped and after we got 5 caps we all got heavy shields and camped the flag

on firestorm we had one light capper and 6 HOFs spamming mortars. good times

Funniest: Back in the day of T1, seeing a fully loaded enemy HPC waiting for a driver. I jumped in the drivers seat, flew them way oob, and they started jerking because they couldn't get back to their base.

Coolest: Double MA on SH: MAed one person, then the splash damage killed the person next to him.

edit: :lol: the spam filter completely changes the meaning of the second sentence.

Me and some friends were playing a little C&H. Here are the end results (for the sake of not doubling the size of the scroll bar I cropped the money shot).

wtf.jpg

Both of these were in T2:

First was watching Rasta ski right into a tree when he had the flag on riverdance. When he probably could have come close to capping, the match time was close to running out. My team absolutely exploded in laughter on TS and good drama followed on the forums.

Second was Pepsi from Wolfpack who was billed as the "Vir killer" in the week before our scrim. Wound up parking on top of the flag stand, hopping out, grabbing the flag and then getting back in the shrike. Drove home backwards and killed Pepsi as he was chasing me. Adrenaline chimes out on ts "Donnie is owning Pepsi backwards", truly a hillarious moment.

The grudge match with Skilz was pretty cool too. Really got what little community we had off to an exciting start.

I was screwing aqround on Xtremeski. You know how you reach speeds where you can outrun your discs? Well I fired off a shot abut 1/4 of the way down, it stayed ahead for a moment and as I began to catch up to it I hit a bump and MAed myself, resulting in a suicide.

Back