Star Trek Discovery

Went in expecting the worst, came out entertained. I like where its going. Time will tell.

Went in expecting the worst, came out entertained. I like where its going. Time will tell.

same. I didn't appreciate the little race jab in the first episode where they were still talking about black slavery and hardships in 2250 because it was ridiculous, but the second episode was pretty good. I will give it a try.

same. I didn't appreciate the little race jab in the first episode where they were still talking about black slavery and hardships in 2250 because it was ridiculous, but the second episode was pretty good. I will give it a try.

yeah when I heard that line from the admiral I was like "what the FUCK?" but I'm pretty sure he was referencing the fact that she was attacked by klingons as a kid or whatever - definitely NOT clear at the time

still, the race/culture line she came back with was so hamfisted

overall she seems like a pretty solid actress for the role, thank god (ep 2 spoiler)  asian cliche is dead , and the story hasn't been bad although I'm not a fan of klingons speaking klingon, and the cgi is pretty good

female character named michael

annoys me more than it probably should

I know, right?

I grew up watching this actress:

MbzfShh.jpg

oh no, they got to it

now we gotta virtue signal by posting about how we can't watch this show anymore

i am going to pre buy the blu ray box set for the season

because i don't want my futuristic sci fi to not completely wallow in the dumb real life shit we can't seem to escape anymore

i need a little more nagging and guilt in order to enjoy this

It wasn't horrible. Some of the actions from the main character were...questionable. Don't really like the aesthetics, especially for a show that takes place before TOS. Did we somehow lose the ability to have those fancy holograms chats?

Whatever. I'll keep watching.

Back