[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

Bah... all networks are of course covering the Flyers and Pens... WTF. Lots of interesting series out there, but I'm sure Crosby will get all the coverage.

Also, why all of a sudden does the NHL rulebook go out the window come playoff time? The NHL is such a joke with this. Guys get flattened at the blueline nowhere near the puck. That's interference in October, but good hockey in April. Why can't the game be called consistently one way or the other from start to finish?

I hate both teams and still the officiating ruins the game for me. I love hitting as much as anyone, but it should be legal.

its playoff hockey

would you rather watch a fast paced intense game or one stopped every 5 minutes for stupid minor penalties

do you know the play that's in question? the article said it was an incident between him and talbot and I dont remember anything noteworthy from the game

i dont remember it either....but the article said that he had tried to punch someone from the bench earlier in the year and this might be something similar.

but i dont remember anything in particular :shrug: i would almost rather have him in the lineup as he tends to fuck over his team with penalties.

oh no, you mean another player is being a pest to bettman's model franchise?? poor babies. here comes the NHL to help them again.

:boohoo:

was a well officiated game last night EXCEPT FOR THE CROSS CHECK TO THE FACE OF COOKE, WHICH CHIPPED ALL OF HIS FRONT TEETH AND MESSED UP HIS NOSE.

fuck off

its playoff hockey

would you rather watch a fast paced intense game or one stopped every 5 minutes for stupid minor penalties

The game isn't very fast when every player is getting leveled at the blueline getting interfered with.

I don't even have a bias in these games as my team didn't make the playoffs. Still, these games are terrible at times.

This "put the whistles away and let them play" idea is what got us into the terrible hockey before the lockout. Why not "let them play" and not have to deal with constant interference?

Does the NFL let receivers only keep one foot inbounds for the playoffs? (bad officiating aside of course)

Does MLB start expanding the strike zone to make things more interesting?

Why is hockey the only sport where this is not only acceptable, but encouraged?

oh come on its not nearly as bad as you're acting

its not like they are headhunting people just coasting through the trolly tracks :lol:

The game isn't very fast when every player is getting leveled at the blueline getting interfered with.

I don't even have a bias in these games as my team didn't make the playoffs. Still, these games are terrible at times.

This "put the whistles away and let them play" idea is what got us into the terrible hockey before the lockout. Why not "let them play" and not have to deal with constant interference?

Does the NFL let receivers only keep one foot inbounds for the playoffs? (bad officiating aside of course)

i dunno, hockey has the biggest increase in physicality between the regular season the and playoffs. of the 4 major sports, its the sport that has the biggest increase in intensity.

if you called it like you did in the regular season, someone would be in the box all the time. i dunno if thats a reason to change the way its called, but its a reason i suppose.

dean brown was doing the pbp for the pens game; he's usually really good. i didn't notice anything last night but i watched the washington game. perhaps you were just thrown off by a good pbp guy and not having to sit through bob "i only know maple leaf players" cole?
its playoff hockey

i thought the was-nyr game was twice the pace of the flyers-pens game

theo looked like i would in goal if an nhler shot on me... i'd be like... duh that puck is fast. hopefully he can bounce back.

i agree 100%, and you can thank the canadian legion of boneheads led around by don cherry.

people fail to separate an increase to intensity with breaking all the rules. Interference alone is enough to make me scratch my head, i have no idea how coaches deal with shit like this in the playoffs. The refs basically call a completely different sport.

but then you have don cherry crying about the number of penalties as if he thinks "well team A has had 6 penalties against them now, it's time to stop calling penalties against them and let them break any rule they want so that we don't have people in the box the entire game.

oh come on its not nearly as bad as you're acting

its not like they are headhunting people just coasting through the trolly tracks :lol:

It is that bad. People are already getting floored nowhere near the puck.

Last year during the finals guys were getting hit when the puck wasn't even in their zone. (again I didn't care about either team, so it isn't like I'm whining about my team losing).

I love watching good hitters in the game. However, the puck has to be at least nearby for it to be remotely legal.

my favorite thing that the refs do.....one team has a 5on3 PP or a string of 2 or 3 PPs in a row.

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT THE OTHER TEAM WILL GET THE NEXT PP. happens every fucking time.

Oh, and the Carcillo/talbot incident was on the last faceoff of the game. i guess carcillo punched or butt-endded talbot right off the draw but it went uncalled.

i remember talbot on the ice, but dunno why he went down....guess that explains it.

Last edited:
Code:
                        GP      GA      GAA     MIN     SV%
Chris Osgood	DET	46	137	3.09	1208	0.887

I made it better by including the best goalie in the leagues stats this year

Christ the Versus play-by-play team sucks for the Wings-Blue Jackets game. I hate TSN for showing this on TSN2 and not having their own guys calling it.

Back