News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
EveningWear said:
-then we can stick stupid phrases like "Blast the opposition with all new weapons and vehicles"...that will probably attract the UT2K4 guys...they like vehicles...

They're advertising vehicular combat...like it's a major portion of the game(maybe I've been living under a rock...but isn't that what most ppl disliked about T2).

"Soar into battle with jetpack enhanced multiplayer combat"...sounds an awful lot like..."Team Combat on an epic scale"(not too terrible...just obviously something that a high payed marketing geek thought of).

Little late on the reply, but seriously WTF is with everyone treating T2 like the redheaded stepchild. There ARE people that like Tribes 2. There ARE people who like vehicles. I played Tribes 1 for years until Tribes 2 came out, and I loved it. I have played Tribes 2 for years now. And I love it as well. They're different games, yes, but both fun. If all I expected from a sequel was better graphics and no different gameplay, I'd go buy Doom.

The point is, I always see people bitching about how things are "TOO MUCH LIKE TRIBES 2!@!11!", when there are a lot of people who like Tribes 2. Sharing your opinion of it is fine, that is all I'm doing now, but it just gets annoying after people continually post about it, and use it as their example of what a game should not be.

And that is just my .02.

Data said:
Reality check: They've already "finalized" the box design. They're not going to pour more resources ($$$) into designing a new one. Frankly, those resources are better spent improving the game and paying the developers.

Who needs to grow up, exactly?

No redesing or resources needed. There's a kabillion other pictures that fit WAY better than what they came up with. Most of which were in this thread in a matter of minutes.

Sierra and Irrational are different. Sierra has their budget/timelines and Irrational has theirs. I think it's WORTH Sierra's budget to make a quality box. Since, marketing is what they are "supposedly" doing and responsible for. Sierra's "extra" work on the Box Art isn't going to "doom" the development of the game.

Fuck wasting resources on a new cover. I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to do a professional design for the box based purely on the premise of improving the game's success, myself included.

There's absolutely no excuse for not redesigning it, other than pure and bitter stubborness. It's clear from the huge outcry that's it's no good - and just to be sure, I've shown the box art to a number of non-Tribes players and they have all said that it looks pretty crap. I simply said "What do you think of how this looks?".

And yes, I agree with you evilbadz. I found the vehicles in Tribes 2 to be very fun indeed on certain maps, and so did many others. The focus may have been taken off them a little in T:V, but their presence *is* important to a lot of T2 and non-Tribes fans. And from what I've read in beta tester comments, the vehicles fit in quite nicely with T:V other than some slight balance issues which will probably be sorted out anyway.

KillerONE said:
No redesing or resources needed. There's a kabillion other pictures that fit WAY better than what they came up with. Most of which were in this thread in a matter of minutes.

Sierra and Irrational are different. Sierra has their budget/timelines and Irrational has theirs. I think it's WORTH Sierra's budget to make a quality box. Since, marketing is what they are "supposedly" doing and responsible for. Sierra's "extra" work on the Box Art isn't going to "doom" the development of the game.
OK. Good luck with your crusade.

Just because it's a lost cause doesn't mean it's not worthy.

Who knows, perhaps this will lead to an (very) early rerelease with a "special edition" box...

evilbadz said:
Little late on the reply, but seriously WTF is with everyone treating T2 like the redheaded stepchild. There ARE people that like Tribes 2. There ARE people who like vehicles. I played Tribes 1 for years until Tribes 2 came out, and I loved it. I have played Tribes 2 for years now. And I love it as well. They're different games, yes, but both fun.

Whats your problem with redheads? Seriously though, Tribes 2 started out with major balance issues because new weapons and ideas were sort of pasted in. They are worked out relatively well now, however this did anger a lot of T1 fans. Its a grudge, and the balance issues do still exist and are the source of lots of flames and anger within T2. The game is fun, but I'd rather have a cleaner cut game this time around.

Now, in all seriousness, most gamers who will turn into the new additions to our (Tribes hardcore fans) ranks will have done plenty of research via the web to make sure they aren't getting some trashy fps. The cover won't impact the methodical crowd much guys. And those are more likely to be the lasting ones.

From a different perspective, it is actually their game, not ours. So they have every right to ignore each word thats typed here, it appears they are invoking this power now. Unless I get bored (a common occurence [probably spelled that wrong :) ]) I'm not posting on this thread again.

Last edited:
Short answer:

***WARNING***
This is an Umbrella Corp. testing facility.
No unauthorized entry.
Hazardous materials use in progress.
***WARNING***

i serioulsy WILL fill that box full of 00 buckshot once i buy the game. it will give me somthing to do while im wating to DL the latest "Exclusive" patch on FP.

naw, lets see how long we can keep it staggering around, vainly looking for a place to cease to exist ;)

Thriky said:
How are they portraying vehicles as a major part of the game?

because you didn't figure it out...let me point out HOW...

The ad says..."Blast the opposition with all new weapons and vehicles"

that's how they are advertising it....I know it's tough to figure out...but I hope that explains things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back