News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add a texture to the sides of the main image to give the border around it a look of bending into the image, with rusted sides, fading to clean white. The contrast doesn't work with white.

box.jpg

VUG's marketing staff is officially retarded for approving an ad like that but choosing such a subpar box art image

yeah, i just saw that ad, along with another in PC gamer monthly, and i instantly thought "so, whos idea was the box then?"

Maybe if we make fun of Aussie women the guys will get pissed enough and make an effort to get her back to her old self again.

well, australia was originally a british penal colony... how women got there is a mystery. take this as you will.

Asura said:
well, australia was originally a british penal colony... how women got there is a mystery. take this as you will.

Botany Bay was a penal colony.. not the entire continent. A failed one at that, they were all too lazy to feed themselves and they were a drain on the British coffers. Much like the marketing department of Sierra.

lol. i knew that only one area was a colony, but i didnt know the name or much history. thanks for the tidbit.

Thriky said:
It's the white that really turns me off. I mean, it may stand out on a game store shelf and all, but that is going to look totally distracting against all my other comparatively dark boxes. Plain white is yuck.

I think the white is the best part of the box. Looks better than all the dark boxes out there. Stands out.

Now, if only they could make the picture better than what they have. Even the logo Dommy made would be like 1000000x better than what they consider final.

Reconsider Box Art, Sierra. Thanks.

experimental said:
mmmmmmm. penal.

With the exception of the Open Beta announcement, which WILL happen soon, this is the best post ever by a dev.

EDIT: 700 replies and the box art STILL sucks!

Last edited:
adenine! said:

I still don't get it...

I think whoever did this must have thought...
-lets cram every particle effect(which doesn't exist in game) we can muster
-as many vehicles and guys on the ground shooting 30 projectiles in 3 seconds at...a rover...yeah!
-lets put Julia with a mean face and....NO JETPACKS shooting at a big guy in red armor...
-then we can stick stupid phrases like "Blast the opposition with all new weapons and vehicles"...that will probably attract the UT2K4 guys...they like vehicles...

They're advertising vehicular combat...like it's a major portion of the game(maybe I've been living under a rock...but isn't that what most ppl disliked about T2).

"Soar into battle with jetpack enhanced multiplayer combat"...sounds an awful lot like..."Team Combat on an epic scale"(not too terrible...just obviously something that a high payed marketing geek thought of).

It's just my .02, but why not advertise the storyline(even on the box art)...show how complicated and intertwined it is(we hope)...tell about how it unfolds from multiple people's perspective...something better than cramming as much action into a 8 inch x 10 inch box pic. :\

(PS: this is virtually a repost of my earlier statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back