News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy fuck best yet peachskin :heart: :heart:

'Tribalwar.com: Features glory hole and beer tap.'

edit: (i posted this in general but wtf)
I think peachskins' box designs are great because

1) they have a clean appearence

2) they show interresting ingame photos right there on the front

3) shows what the game is about, makes you want to look at the back and see bigger shots and read about features

4) one for every class is smart because it will generate extra sales from the crazed tribes fanatics who have to have all the boxes, and its interresting that there are classes and that they have designs that are evident in armors/maps etc. which is enticing. However might leave out the first one to save costs.

Last edited:
I think the only way anyone will listen to us is if we don't demand it, but instead insist on it, somewhat like giving advice; because in our minds, if the box isn't changes, sales will drop. You can't get more relevant and rational than that. It's not like Irrational is doing a very bad thing by releasing the box art it has. It's just in some of our opinions, it could be better. If they continue to use the original box art, who cares? We won't. But they may be concerned.

Last edited:
You know, I have a theroy as to why the posted boxes are better than the "official" one. The people putting them together have better motivation than just "Tribes, what's that? Meh, gimme my money."

If I were after an artist to do a commission peice, I'd look at their portfolio... but not just for "artistic talent" but for what subjects they seem to enjoy drawing. Usually people do better on stuff they enjoy.

VaporTrail said:
You know, I have a theroy as to why the posted boxes are better than the "official" one. The people putting them together have better motivation than just "Tribes, what's that? Meh, gimme my money."

If I were after an artist to do a commission peice, I'd look at their portfolio... but not just for "artistic talent" but for what subjects they seem to enjoy drawing. Usually people do better on stuff they enjoy.
In other words, the ones made by the players don't suck because we actually know what the content of the game is. What a concept it is that we could make better box art in about 1/100th of the time it took whoever did that box art and have it actually look better and make sense.

Girdlock you're not really helping the situation. If you want your voice to be heard, as least be more subtle in what you're going to say. Just some advice...

The thing about the finalized box art we have right now is that it actually is "art" or seems to be like it. You can tell the guy took some time to make it look like it was drawn like something you'd see on a novel cover. It probably took a lot more effort than what a lot of guys here did, simply taking screenshots off the website or the fankit and mixing, matching, and meshing them together with a few new colors. I do praise those who actually took time to draw the boxes they made.

The thing is, even just using screenshots, it gets the point across a lot better than that image on the finalized box art. There's a difference between unsufficient effort used wisely, and good effort used unwisely. If you get my drift.

Well yeah, that's a basic principle of design. There's absolutely no point spending hours on something if a 10 minute job will be as effective or more so. It's terrible usage of time and resources.

Your average cunt in the store won't know the difference between a 10 minute Photoshop paste job and a 10 day piece of drawn artwork. They'll just go for what looks cooler. In this case, most of the ones people have thrown together from TW are more visually impressive than the official one.

It's a shame really, because it's obvious they aren't changing their minds.

Thriky said:
It's a shame really, because it's obvious they aren't changing their minds.

I'd really like to know why they're being stubborn on this one. This isn't a question of us being selfish and wanting a targeting laser, changed skiing or anything of the sort this time around. This is us trying to help boost sales so this franchise can thrive. Doesn't make any sense.

It's really simple.

They made a box, lots of people hae the OPINION that it doesn't look as cool as they thought it might, and some alternative designs were produced which people generally think look better.

Will this destroy tribes? No. Could they have done better? Yes. We're simply giving them a consumer opinion that box art isn't as cool as it could be.

BREAKING NEWS
tvbox.JPG

evilbadz said:
Am I the only one who has thought of Irrational being irrational on this topic
:roller:

Quite the opposite member.

educate yourself of the differences between developer and publisher

evilbadz said:
Am I the only one who has thought of Irrational being irrational on this topic
:roller:

Yes, except for maybe Rooster and a couple of others that are confused about who's who.

Irrational is not doing the box.
Irrational is not doing the marketing for the game.

Irrational is building the game for VUG under contract. It's VUG's game to market or give away in Cheerios boxes or whatever (barring contract provisions to the contrary).

ChowTOdust said:
Menzo sayd that would end up in his lap...
Yes...And?
If we have a problem with the Box "art" we should dump it in his lap.
Just because HE doesn't want us to complain, doesn't mean we can't.

Mooley said:
Quite the opposite member.

educate yourself of the differences between developer and publisher

Oh well, was a thought.

Also, I guess I am the only one who finds humor in the way some of you goons throw around the term member like it's a racial slur... As if anyone other than yourself cares that you've been posting on a forum longer..

:stab:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back