News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaoz said:
Since FittyTuck doesn't seem to want to post his in the TT thread...

TVbox3d_white.jpg

Winner.
On another note, didn't Tribes2 have vehicals on the inside of the box that weren't actually in the game? Like the mpb top and a weird turret on the tank?

wow, didn´t see that one coming o_0

i am of the same oppinion as 99% of the people here:

when i saw the pic i seriously thought it was a joke.
it so looks like a low budget game it´s frightening.

Thrax/Menzo/IGA Guys: PLEASE try do get this changed or at least reconsidered. There are so many customers that just go out to buy a game by the look of the box and the screenshots on the back (parents for example that buy the game for their kids, since it´s teen rated) . This box is no eye catcher.
Lots of the community´s work is much more appealing.

(Like Spinfusor Salad said: someone should try a black and white version, a white box with just the logo and perhaps the title on the front. that would look very good imo and is most likely a eye catcher)

mav's simpler version is slightly better than fitty's imo. those two are the best of all. i'd put some other models on the back jetting around and blowing things up to show more of the game. or use one of those boxes that has a 'cover' that opens and put that stuff there.

So have we had any comments from the marketing weasels yet, or do they just not care what the people who are buying their game think?

It's not like the box art is going to dissuade many people who are already part of the Tribes community, but after showing it to a couple non-tribes Gamer friends of mine, the general consensus is: "what is that lame Garbage?"

Not only does it scream BUDGETWARE! , but it does not adequately convey the contents of the game to the potential customer at a glance.
Does it communicate that there is an engaging single player game included? No.
Does it give the impression that there is a large multiplayer element including vehicles? No.
Does it capture the basic elements of tribes gameplay? Definitely not.

Either include these things, or just go with a huge logo that reveals nothing about the game.(force them to pick the box up to find out what's inside)
Not this half-assed stuff.

This Boxcover should be considered a marketing failure. Please, Please, please try something else. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have to say I don't like it. The white space makes it feel too simple and pasted together in 2 mins to fill up the holes :/ An impressive game box is a game box with a full image on the front, not this. And the image itself makes no sense whatsoever..

I really want to hear a reply from Menzo or Thrax. We've had a lot of good alternative suggestions to the original box (not just whining and complaining). I'm hoping the box isn't really set in stone because some of the ones in this thread are great.

Da_Timsta said:
this is a joke right?

It's a little late for April fools, but I sure hope so.

It seems one important thing has been overlooked in designing this cover. There has been a great deal of hype about creating an engaging single-player component to T:V. The main character is Julia and the storyline has to do with "Vengeance". How is that represented on the cover? You have to have her on the cover... it would be a poor marketing choice not to. I'm still trying to figure out how the powers-that-be decided that having two irrelevant cartoon characters bouncing on a trampoline playing laser-tag has anything to do with Tribes Vengeance.

In this day and age, we're all told not to judge a book by its cover. Unfortunately, the generation of up-and-coming video gamers do it every day. No doubt T:V will attract Tribes and Tribes 2 veterans, but if VU expects to bring in new gamers--and more importantly SELL games (the bean counters know it's all about the almighty dollar), they have to have someting on the shelf for to set themselves apart from all the other boxes. This so called "final" box art should be reconsidered. If this was the final version... I would hate to see what their other choices were.

All you guys creating possible box covers... keep it up! The serious ones are looking great--far better that the "final" version and much more in line with what T:V is about. Who knows? Maybe VU will realize that you're on to something...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back