Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 6 of 2009
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
101 - 03-11-2011, 12:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evele View Post
Agreed. I'm calling it now. Dumbed down, ported over, console crap shooter with jetpacks.

Enjoy your 8-button experience.
BF2 was so terrible on PS3 and PC!

Get out of 2001, Console and PC games can coexist easily.

Sponsored Links
Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
102 - 03-11-2011, 12:29
Tribes: Press X to Win

Xbox360 = ****ty ass port to the PC

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
103 - 03-11-2011, 12:31
Unreal 3

axle-
VeteranXV
Old
104 - 03-11-2011, 12:32
well if they model t2 base, we will just have to redesign it like classic ... again.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
105 - 03-11-2011, 12:33
np

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
106 - 03-11-2011, 12:35
I just hope they don't **** up mapping and modding like they did in T:V

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
107 - 03-11-2011, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle- View Post
well if they model t2 base, we will just have to redesign it like classic ... again.
we? there is no community left

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
108 - 03-11-2011, 12:37
I hold no reservations about this game as my heart won't withstand another breaking. I do hope it's great though. It's about time a game surpasses t1 which is obviously the ideal, but I think I'm more likely to get my un titi twisted by a Jawa

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
109 - 03-11-2011, 12:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
I just hope they don't **** up mapping and modding like they did in T:V
There won't be any, it's all about $$$ the DLC sales now.

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
110 - 03-11-2011, 12:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriky View Post
The reason T:V was a complete disaster is because Irrational tried to please the vocal minority who wanted T1 with better graphics, the T2 fans who wanted a worthy successor, and the general gaming public who've never fancied Tribes at all.
But T:V was not Tribes 1 with better graphics. They did not give fans what they wanted.

From the get go, T:V was supposed to be a singleplayer Tribes game that would bring new players to the Tribes franchise. That strategy was doomed because none of the Tribes players wanted anything more than just a multiplayer Tribes game. Still, lot of resources went to the singleplayer portion of the game.

The biggest flaw in T:V was the Unreal Engine that was in many ways inferior to Torque engine. How could T:V succeed if a map like Snowblind was virtually impossible re-create in T:V?

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
111 - 03-11-2011, 12:39
I have reservations about a game being released before the game they actually planned on releasing...with less than one year of development to boot.

axle-
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 03-11-2011, 12:39
someone will do it if the game ends up being worth a ****

max
VeteranXV
Old
113 - 03-11-2011, 12:43
Are there even many mod friendly games out these days? It seems like the glory days of Tribes/UT style modding are over

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
114 - 03-11-2011, 12:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
Are there even many mod friendly games out these days? It seems like the glory days of Tribes/UT style modding are over
WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Legend
VeteranXX
Old
115 - 03-11-2011, 12:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
But T:V was not Tribes 1 with better graphics. They did not give fans what they wanted.
Did you only read one part of my sentence or something? I said they tried to please the T1-with-better-graphics-wanting people and the people who wanted a vastly different T2-like experience. This clearly cannot happen.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
116 - 03-11-2011, 12:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
Just HL2 really. (Adroit he means games with total conversions available). SC2, the L4D engine, those are all I can think of.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
117 - 03-11-2011, 12:50
how the **** are they gonna do skiing on a console

now im not a pc bigot when it comes to fps's on consoles... in fact i loved halo2 and the controller didn't detract one bit

but with skiing you definitely need to have a kb/mouse... the controller isn't designed for holding down buttons for long periods of time while pressing other ones

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
118 - 03-11-2011, 12:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post

now im not a pc bigot when it comes to fps's on consoles... in fact i loved halo2 and the controller didn't detract one bit

but with skiing you definitely need to have a kb/mouse... the controller isn't designed for holding down buttons for long periods of time while pressing other ones

There'll be no holding **** down.. tap tap tap tap tap

Bezel
VeteranXV
Old
119 - 03-11-2011, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post

Oh, they'll find a way. Which will sucks balls and **** over the mechanics/physics of the PC port.

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
120 - 03-11-2011, 12:58
left trigger shoot, right trigger skii, left shoulder jet up. There are several things you need to be able to do at all times, but there aren't a ton of things that need to be done other then that. Use pack or repair kit would the the other shoulder, and you can use the thumbstick push in buttons for change weapons or such.

I'm not particularly optimistic about T:A, particularly with the console part, but it is technically feasible for it to work, I think.

Page 6 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay