Titanfall: Apex Legens - f2p battle royale game by Got Haggis? - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Titanfall: Apex Legens - f2p battle royale game
Page 8 of 24
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
141 - 02-11-2019, 10:55
Yeah I never crash - 1080ti, intel 9700, 16gb ram

Haven***8217;t read through this yet but here is a starter guide to the game: An average players guide to almost not sucking : apexlegends

Sponsored Links
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 02-11-2019, 11:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
meh its not like steam shouldnt have competition... and theyre not saints either
well, Epic's business model is to have games exclusive to their platform so I don't see how that's healthy competition nor to the benefit of the gamer. They also don't allow for games to be refunded nor does Epic want to facilitate gamer reviews of the games on their platform because of 'review bombing' - so basically they want to give developers the ability to mask the fact their games are **** and not offer refunds once people discover this fact.

Aside from Valve's lootbox ******dom and marketplace rake, I'm not sure what I'll intent you allude to.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
143 - 02-11-2019, 16:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
wut? Their attempt to steal business away from steam with their own digital platform has done nothing but piss gamers off.
If steam would reduce their 30% take on a price of a game it would make it less cost effective for big developers to create their own competing systems. A game like BFV that didn't meet expectations with selling just over 7 million units in the first quarter of release would still mean 30% of money would have gone to steam.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 02-11-2019, 17:02
i like this game, bunch of wins so far

i have a 1080 and 7600K no issues on my end

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 02-11-2019, 17:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
well, Epic's business model is to have games exclusive to their platform so I don't see how that's healthy competition nor to the benefit of the gamer. They also don't allow for games to be refunded nor does Epic want to facilitate gamer reviews of the games on their platform because of 'review bombing' - so basically they want to give developers the ability to mask the fact their games are **** and not offer refunds once people discover this fact.

Aside from Valve's lootbox ******dom and marketplace rake, I'm not sure what I'll intent you allude to.
exclusives are just ways to get users to come to your platform. i just figure the other **** is stuff they havent implemented yet, looks like they added refunds already...
https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US...-refund-policy

the competition goes 2 ways here, with users and with devs. its better for devs so far. with users its still debatable but it may mean lower prices than on a steam.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
146 - 02-11-2019, 17:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
with users its still debatable but it may mean lower prices than on a steam.
Considering the game is free, IDGAF if I need origin downloader. It seems even faster than Steam for downloads. Its a nitpicky thing to complain about considering everything works properly. I could see if you were going on and on about crashing, loading screen failures, being ejected from the game etc, but this is a real niche thing to even give a **** about.

uno
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 02-11-2019, 17:09
The game rewards aggression, 2/3 of my overall kills are with shotgun. Push push push.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
148 - 02-11-2019, 17:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmida View Post
Just curious whats your setup? It seems people with beast systems arent having problems but I'm not either. 3930k 16gig ram and a gtx1060. I am also running it off SSD.
Intel Core i5-4460 cpu @ 3.20 Ghz
Ram: 16 gb
GeForce GTX 970
1 TB SSD

But I'm running windows 7 cus windows 10 caused my computer to crash twice a day when I tried it originally.

They kept saying they patched that bug, but 10's of thousands of people were still complaining and I said "**** it" and went back to windows 7. I've been thinking of trying windows 10 again to see if they fixed it. It is probably still broken though... so not sure.

But yeah, I've had zero problems on any games ever for several years now, this is the first one to even have one major problem, let alone several.

This game has server drops, game crashes, in-game freezing, and strange authentication errors, not to mention the entire game was failing to load for a while. Buggiest game I've seen in a very very long time. It's Tribes 2 levels of bad. I continue to play it because it is highly addictive and lots of fun. Also I'm confident they will address these issues.

I know I'm not the only one experiencing these things cus there are tons of tutorials for supposed fixes for all of the bugs. I've gone through many of them already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumDumpin View Post
some ppl saying 417 drivers work better / more stable than 418 for the 20xx series
I tried downloading newest drivers, and the older 417 driver as well, I tried re-installing, and repairing the game.

I think I may have fixed the memory crash using this video:

Fix Error 0x0000000 or Error 0x000000 Memory could not be read I 2 SOLUTIONS 2018 - YouTube

But I haven't played enough to be sure yet.

Game runs very smooth and nice while playing though.

I'm fully addicted to this game though...

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 02-11-2019, 17:14
> using Windows 7 in 2019

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
150 - 02-11-2019, 17:15
The loading screens don't give you much information, I have a hunch a lot of the lack of loading has something more to do with their servers getting slammed by millions of people than your personal setup at the moment.

Me zan and fed were all dumped out of servers simultaneously last night, so I assume a lot of these server ejection problems are due to the host failing and going down for whatever reason, and not the ejected people's systems having an error.

But crashing is deff a problem, have you tried limiting frame rates? Check your GPU for dust (take the plastic cover off if you have one over the heat shield with a blower-type card)

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
151 - 02-11-2019, 17:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
If you have the fix to make windows 10 stop crashing, I'll switch this weekend. I spent weeks trying to fix it before I gave up because it was becoming a part-time job.

I'm sure you don't though, judging by how you are useless curmudgeon that faps while taking free shots.

In contrast, props to all the cool people posting all these helpful tutorials, especially Atreides.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 02-11-2019, 17:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumDumpin View Post
But crashing is deff a problem, have you tried limiting frame rates? Check your GPU for dust (take the plastic cover off if you have one over the heat shield with a blower-type card)
The crashing might be fixed. Though those are definitely great suggestions. My computer could use a dusting...

Thanks dude.

I'm not any kind of special case. The internet is paved with people writing articles about this game's problems:

Apex Legends: Crashing without error Fix, Apex Legends crashes without error

How To Fix Apex Legends Crash On AMD FX 6xxx and Disconnect Problem | TheNerdMag

Apex Legends - How To Fix Random Crashes on Windows 10 - YouTube

Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing - Answer HQ

How to fix Apex Legends Freezing mid game. - YouTube

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
153 - 02-11-2019, 17:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
If steam would reduce their 30% take on a price of a game it would make it less cost effective for big developers to create their own competing systems.
Epic is trying to buy into a share of the market with brute force. Everyone seems to forget that Valve got as big as they are because of the massive infrastructure and vision they worked to develop before any other company.

That 30% isn't for nothing. Steam is the delivery backbone for digital software/patching. If you want to sell a game, you'll need to invest in that infrastructure which is a big cost so paying Valve for it is 100% logical if you're not a multi-billion dollar company.

And the biggest reason why Valve earns their 30% cut is their marketing. Steam is the largest platform for PC gaming. A game published on Valve's platform is going to directly reach and advertise to hundreds of millions of PC gamers. Something as simple as a 'friend's list' is direct advertising of a game in one of the most effective forms because you can generally assume that people on your 'friends list' are people you might play games with or have similar taste in genres or trust a recommendation from and it turns out displaying what games your friends have bought/are playing is effective at selling units. None of this speaks to the audience a marketing campaign has when a new release is on the store front page or is trending in sales. Everyone is free to boycott publishing their game on steam but nobody outside of EA and Activision/Blizzard do so because they're not retarded. One can complain about the 30% cut Valve charges but lest not pretend that Steam isn't a massive opportunity for anyone wanting to publish their game.

Steam wouldn't have gotten so large if it wasn't universally adopted by the PC player base. So Valve must have been providing something to players that nobody else had. Coming back to Epic; they don't provide the same level of service to the players and their platform isn't going to go anywhere because of that. Epic knows players have already invested in their steam library and communities which is why Epic is trying to pull this 'exclusive' bull**** as it's the only reason why anyone would give a **** about purchasing a game on Epic's platform.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
154 - 02-11-2019, 17:49
I'm making fun of u instead of offering a suggestion because LOL using Windows 7 in 2019 because "windows 10 crashes my pc twice a day"

Did you do an in place upgrade that went bad? Do you have an even more ancient rig than my i7 3820 and GeForce 680 that's not compatible?

I just find it strange ppl still have issues with windows 10 and aren't memeing

Last edited by Ztir; 02-11-2019 at 17:51..
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
155 - 02-11-2019, 17:51
So I was just playing and it alt-tabbed me to my desktop without me doing anything.

I think it is related to a bug I had earlier where it gave me some windows warning and alt-tabbed me. I disabled the warning, but it is still alt-tabbing me.

Might be I just need to try windows 10 again in order to play this game.

This is ridiculous.

Buggiest game in human existence. Why it gotta be so fun?

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 02-11-2019, 18:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
The game rewards aggression, 2/3 of my overall kills are with shotgun. Push push push.
this is true

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
157 - 02-11-2019, 18:08
Quote:
> thinks that matters

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
158 - 02-11-2019, 18:12
Ya I wonder why a 10 year old os who's mainstream support ended 4 years ago and is end of life next year would matter

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 02-11-2019, 18:15
Quote:
I'm making fun of u instead of offering a suggestion because LOL using Windows 7 in 2019 because "windows 10 crashes my pc twice a day"

Did you do an in place upgrade that went bad? Do you have an even more ancient rig than my i7 3820 and GeForce 680 that's not compatible?

win10 is 4 normies

use lunix

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
160 - 02-11-2019, 18:15
Quote:
I'm making fun of u instead of offering a suggestion because LOL using Windows 7 in 2019 because "windows 20 crashes my pc twice a day"

Windows 20? Probably will work far worse than windows 10 when it comes out in 2045.

You are making fun of someone for not using a non-functioning product? That's like making fun of someone for opting not to eat a poop popsicle. Hence how I know your main motive is simply to mock people for the sake of mockery. Hence you're just a dick.

Windows 7 has run totally fine for several years with zero problems. Apex is the only single game that has ever had any single issue at all whatsoever.

Why are you asking for my rig when I literally just posted it? O_o

Could it be you didn't really read anything, saw my name, and just felt a compulsion to throw turds?

Good job dude. Thanks for contributing.

Here are some articles written for the tens of thousands of people still suffering from windows 10 crashes. There you go dude, there's a never-ending supply of people you can go make fun of for trying to use a ****ty product that doesn't work. I guess you'll have your hands full.

I mean, what dumbasses right? Microsoft is perfect and never makes mistakes, so all these tutorials should be taken down cus those people are just too stupid to understand Bill Gates' genius obviously...

Patch designed to fix crashing in Windows 10 causes crashes in Windows 10

Windows 10 Crashing Issues [FIXED] - 2019 Guide - Driver Easy

Windows 10 Creators Update Crashes and Freezes - Appuals.com

How to fix Windows 10 blue screen crashes - Tech Advisor

Page 8 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Titanfall: Apex Legens - f2p battle royale game

Social Website Bullshit