plz post demos of urself or ones u want uploaded to utube here and i will do it

I wish people would TD earlier. I wont be able to do it at all when I move out east. How do you people stay up so late? Don't u have jobs?

Alabama by this time next year

Maybe tribes will be completely dead by then anyway

if it is you should pick up an arena shooter, they have way better indoor combat than tribes imo. unreal tournament 4 is in open alpha, is going to be completely free forever, and gets tons of new content every month. the playerbase isn't super skilled yet so it's the best time to get into it, and it's only going to grow as they get closer to release and start advertising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iefHDjhAJ_I (lots of placeholder art in this)

and UT is a shitty quake

i thought this too until i put a considerable amount of time into UT4 and looked more closely at UT99. they really have more fun combat mechanics than quake. quake has the movement though and guns that fill very specific and intuitive roles. all the pieces of quake fit together like a well-thought out puzzle but ut has this charm about not giving a fuck if the pieces fit or not let's just make these insane skillful weapons that are really fun to use and learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKPAxkJZJrA&hd=1

your thoughts just show how little you know ut HEHEHE

:rolleyes:

yes thats why UT had the better competition and players.

but yes. you obviously know better than we all did back then.

UT was the UltraRens of Quake.

every game has their strong points. duel in ut and cpma aren't as good as q3 (cpma duel is better than ut tho probably). ctf in q3 isn't as good as ctf in ut or cpma. ctf is much harder to view as a spectator than duel therefore the competition grew more and lasted as a spectator event.

there was a really interesting read on esreality a few months ago about how some quakers believe duel killed quake because every event showcased it as the premiere gamemode but new people didn't really like to play it as much as team games and couldn't get into it. and if you really look into popular opinion, reddit has opened my eyes to how many people liked ut more than quake. it didn't have the hardcore crowd of quake because of the dueling but it has the people who like team games and stuff.

Last edited:
reddit opened your eyes huh. :lol:

ictf q3 was the only ctf game worth playing other than tribes.

i wasnt much into the 1v1 as arena

cpma 4v4 was the closest thing ive found to tribes enjoyment.

Back