Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

Use default Tribes with HQ skins. Damn I so hate those stupid colored words appearing in the middle of the screen.... jesus christ stork. And you should use 1.40, not 1.30... Whats the point of getting new people into a game with HM cheats? They wont like it. Its ftard

this is my setup.

HQ Weapon skins from sexgodstevenboy
Tribalwars Textures by Neolight
T:V models from Krogoth's pack
Some other stuff created by me
Back grounds by Me, Nofix and somedude of TW forums.
Scripts from Tribes modifying forum here.

www.tribeshavoc.com/anubis/Setup

If you like anything I can upload so it can be used in movies

Plus if you want to use promotional images you can get them here
8D fuckers

http://www.pushbiscuit.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=76

Last edited:
Why do you think 1.4 doesn't support cheats :eek:

I love the idea but it will fail horribly; anyone telling you otherwise is stuck in nostalgia and wishing it was 1998-2001 again.

Who the fuck is looking for a 12 year old game to get into? It's like none of you play other games or acknowledge that a new FPS game comes out monthly. You might get 10-20 people because they love the idea of jetpacks but after a week or two of getting their ass kicked and dealing with idiots like ucl they will delete and never look back.

Tribes isn't exactly a pick up and play game. It has a very steep learning curve, a completely faggot-filled community of chipped-shouldered nancies, horrible graphics, questionable physics, basically no sound at all, extremely limited support (are you going to send new players here? lol), outdated network code and only really one gametype (CTF). Not to mention almost every server is empty pretty much 90% of the time.

Like I said before, don't get me wrong - I love tribes - but putting on your bake sale and hoping to raise a million dollars just isn't happening. This isn't a Disney movie; no one is going to give a shit about this any more than they would a Quake2 revival.

(and lets be honest, it's not like tribes crushed the numbers in 1998 either. It usually sat in 4th-10th place even on weekends).

I love the idea but it will fail horribly; anyone telling you otherwise is stuck in nostalgia and wishing it was 1998-2001 again.

Who the fuck is looking for a 12 year old game to get into? It's like none of you play other games or acknowledge that a new FPS game comes out monthly. You might get 10-20 people because they love the idea of jetpacks but after a week or two of getting their ass kicked and dealing with idiots like ucl they will delete and never look back.

Tribes isn't exactly a pick up and play game. It has a very steep learning curve, a completely faggot-filled community of chipped-shouldered nancies, horrible graphics, questionable physics, basically no sound at all, extremely limited support (are you going to send new players here? lol), outdated network code and only really one gametype (CTF). Not to mention almost every server is empty pretty much 90% of the time.

Like I said before, don't get me wrong - I love tribes - but putting on your bake sale and hoping to raise a million dollars just isn't happening. This isn't a Disney movie; no one is going to give a shit about this any more than they would a Quake2 revival.

(and lets be honest, it's not like tribes crushed the numbers in 1998 either. It usually sat in 4th-10th place even on weekends).

It seems that you're a fucking retard if you still keep going on the servers...

like i said before if u have some cool or sick or clutch nade jumps that would be cool but going into a pub and doing the same nade jump over and over is not the same thing

and like i said, i do.

I will have to go through some demos to find them.

I made some new ones last night.

VIVA TRIBES

no no no man, you don't get it

you just have to redefine what "reviving the playerbase" means

apparently if we get 20 newbies who quit after 2 weeks, this whole thing was a major success and totally worth it

LT killed Tribes

except in 2003 when the 10v10 ladder had literally 4 teams on it, and LT was introduced and quickly spawned a 25 team LT ladder

yeah

I would have to disagree, I think if anything tribes would of been dead in 2003. Then LT came around and extended the tribes life. Just my thought.

LT didnt kill tribes. -> I could say renegades killed tribes because I dont like the renegades style of gameplay... But I wont. Because its stupid. You can find LT servers with 20 people playing. How can a "mod" kill tribes if that "mod" is so popular? Right? I mean... LoL. right?... yeah.... But I understand.. Its called "agressive nostalgia" or something.

Tribes is «still» "alive" because of annihilation and LT. I sometimes see RPG mod with people too (scary).

Last edited:

Who the fuck is looking for a 12 year old game to get into?

YouTube - LSD (Part 7) -With Commentary-

12 year old game, check. After these videos, people now want to see these more than they did Rock Band or any other videos I put out, and lots of other people have started making videos of this game and playing it too.

This also fills the poor graphics category you listed.

a completely faggot-filled community of chipped-shouldered nancies

The Rock Band community pretty much defines this, except instead of faggot-filled it's more like elitist-filled on certain forums. It still does pretty well for itself in getting new players.

questionable physics

Have you played Team Fortress 2?

basically no sound at all

This is stretching it: I never really cared much for sound in my FPS games anyways, since I was usually listening to music at the same time.

extremely limited support (are you going to send new players here? lol)

I was going to send new players to the install file, after having them watch around 30 minutes of tutorials. And as a few people have asked, people probably won't get bored of just 30 minutes: there've been game series i've done that've lasted well over 3 hours that people have watched from start to finish. If you do it right, people will stay entertained regardless of length of time.

outdated network code and only really one gametype (CTF).

Lag seems fine on Tribes to me, moreso than any FPS i've ever played (and i've played a lot of them), as for only one gametype, isn't that how most FPS games are where one gametype dominates?

Not to mention almost every server is empty pretty much 90% of the time.

That's what these videos are trying to fix/change.

In all honesty, there's nothing I can really do to persuade you guys that this will bring lots of new people in, people who will more than likely want to stay, except the results once the videos come out. But for those of you who want to help and give ideas and such, it really is appreciated. :)

Can't I do both? I'm much more familiar with Tribes 1, as yeah, when T2 came out there were a list of things i disliked about it compared to T1. I haven't tried T2 since, but again, I could just make videos for both games, first for T1, and then for T2.

Both would be great too. If you're already on irc.tribalwar.com in #hackington or whatever, join up in #lastgasp as well. That's where the bulk of the good Tribes 2 players hang out.

YouTube - LSD (Part 7) -With Commentary-

12 year old game, check. After these videos, people now want to see these more than they did Rock Band or any other videos I put out, and lots of other people have started making videos of this game and playing it too.

This also fills the poor graphics category you listed.

The Rock Band community pretty much defines this, except instead of faggot-filled it's more like elitist-filled on certain forums. It still does pretty well for itself in getting new players.

Have you played Team Fortress 2?

This is stretching it: I never really cared much for sound in my FPS games anyways, since I was usually listening to music at the same time.

I was going to send new players to the install file, after having them watch around 30 minutes of tutorials. And as a few people have asked, people probably won't get bored of just 30 minutes: there've been game series i've done that've lasted well over 3 hours that people have watched from start to finish. If you do it right, people will stay entertained regardless of length of time.

Lag seems fine on Tribes to me, moreso than any FPS i've ever played (and i've played a lot of them), as for only one gametype, isn't that how most FPS games are where one gametype dominates?

That's what these videos are trying to fix/change.

In all honesty, there's nothing I can really do to persuade you guys that this will bring lots of new people in, people who will more than likely want to stay, except the results once the videos come out. But for those of you who want to help and give ideas and such, it really is appreciated. :)

Hey you want a hobby, go nuts; make a 2 hour movie, that's fine. Just understand that this horse was beaten to dust years ago.

I was going to respond to all this you've written (there is literally nowhere to get info on customizing tribes, your lsd game does not need 8 ppl to begin to be playable, the rock band community is full of thousands of idiots, there are only 20 people total in tribes, tf2 has fantastic physics, etc) but I don't really care to be honest. You seem pretty excited to herald in tribes ver 17 and that's great; you go out there and kick some field goals.

Why don't you get them to play t2, a not only superior game, but is still at least on life support and able to support a pub/pickups anytime you want to play. t1 is such an incredible shitshow nowadays I can't believe anybody would want to play it
edit: if you want to do both, that's cool, but you'll get significantly more mileage out of t2.

Why don't you get them to play t2, a not only superior game, but is still at least on life support and able to support a pub/pickups anytime you want to play. t1 is such an incredible shitshow nowadays I can't believe anybody would want to play it
edit: if you want to do both, that's cool, but you'll get significantly more mileage out of t2.

T2 has no euro community left but that's alright. It just leaves T2 with just one active server, L o L!

Use default Tribes with HQ skins. Damn I so hate those stupid colored words appearing in the middle of the screen.... jesus christ stork. And you should use 1.40, not 1.30... Whats the point of getting new people into a game with HM cheats? They wont like it. Its ftard

1.40 has cheats you dumbass. Not only does it have cheats, lasthope can't even detect the cheats.

You obv don't know much about my setup and how easy it is to change font type and font colors.

Its a shitload more customizable than any other config.

azuritereaction, this is what will happen right to the letter

you will make a video, just one player will join as a result and then quit shortly afterwards complaining of the graphics not being on par with cod modern warfare 2 or something

after one month of lobbying your videos and blabbing about the game to your friends you will give up and realise you wasted your time on nothing

you are just another person in the long line of failed 'zomg lets revive tribes with movies and scripted storylines or sick MAs and techno music' entrepreneurs that thought their idea was unique

many have been before you

you are not unique

you will not succeed, period

so although i admire your idealism get a real job as a cleaner at macdonalds or something ok

Back