ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

I was almost going to do art for them, but dropped out. Arc and Oopy responded at roughly similar times, and I did not really know which road to take. It would have been irresponsible to take both even though I kinda wanted to.

Getting to the point, I inquired about pairing up towards the end of summer. Arcanox actually went on their IRC chat to discuss a few things about our mods and the possibility of merging. They were not interested. Arc will tell you that based on his conversations, they seem to be looking towards a grander scale of tribes with more complicated rulesets.

Since their site states that they are trying to first perfect LT-esc gameplay, that may no longer be true.

Either way, the more time goes by, the more accomplishments we make in our respective engines. It becomes harder and harder to abandon what we've done. Personally, I'd like to know what Renwerx is actually up to on their game. We tried contacting people from the old starsiege mod, I dont think we've heard anything back from them.

Last edited:
T2 was great, that's not the issue.
The issue was that it was Tribes but not. People wanted more T1.

Thats true but honestly even over all the new thing's people complained about (new weapons, deployables vehicles etc) the one glaring annoyance for a lot of people was the base speed of movement. They really nerfed it down and that was a bad move. I think most people even the hardcore competition people wouldn't have minded all the extra stuff had the physics been kept intact. Personally I liked all the new stuff.

Last edited:
I've already spoken to the guys doing Rise and they weren't all that interested in pooling their efforts. They have a different set of objectives for their project as well. I won't go into detail about those things though, it's up to them to disclose that information.

The Mod will be completely compatible with the steam version of the game. The installation may be a tad more tricky with a few more steps involved, but there are already 3-4 people who can run the alpha version of the mod.

Thats true but honestly even over all the new thing's people complained about (new weapons, deployables vehicles etc) the one glaring annoyance for a lot of people was the base speed of movement. They really nerfed it down and that was a bad move. I think most people even the hardcore competition people wouldn't have minded all the extra stuff had the physics been kept intact. Personally I liked all the new stuff.

I think those who held out found a home in Classic. Most of the random skiing dead spots were fixed and the speed was much better. It still was not T1, but it was a good feeling sequel.

Finally an update, great to see.

I'm still down to help out with pretty much anything you'd need testing wise - I may also try my hand at making some maps. Maybe some remakes. :o:

Last edited:
Finally an update, great to see.

I'm still down to help out with pretty much anything you'd need testing wise - I may also try my hand at making some maps. Maybe some remakes. :o:

I'll be honest, the project is pretty deep in development. I don't think it's a question of if it will get released but when. Part of the problem when doing a project that has volunteers is that they can be notoriously unreliable, I've had a lot of people let me down and disappear the moment I assign them to a task.

If people really want this to get released soon, then they should really try their hand at texturing, scripting, or putting together a level, and send me an email. Any sort of extra help would speed things up, otherwise I don't recommend that anyone hold their breath for testing. :D

I could help with little texture assignments here and there, but I can't get very involved right now. Let me know if you still want help given the circumstance.

oooh what's going on in this thread?

edit: where do i sign up for alpha/beta? :hurry:

Speaking of testing. I've received quite a few PM's and Emails asking for entry into the closed beta whenever it happens. I cannot keep track of all the people who have asked, and honor them fairly. There is no first come, first serve policy when it comes to the beta, so it's best that you not even ask. When the project is ready for the closed beta process, then it will be announced and there will be a special process involved to ensure that we have all the right people we need to test the mod properly. Simply asking nicely isn't going to get you in unfortunately :(

twars_09.jpg

this image alone makes me jizz my pants, Its looks real good and cross my fingers but if you get everything down right this will be Tribes 1 with better graphics.

I'll be honest, the project is pretty deep in development. I don't think it's a question of if it will get released but when. Part of the problem when doing a project that has volunteers is that they can be notoriously unreliable, I've had a lot of people let me down and disappear the moment I assign them to a task.

If people really want this to get released soon, then they should really try their hand at texturing, scripting, or putting together a level, and send me an email. Any sort of extra help would speed things up, otherwise I don't recommend that anyone hold their breath for testing. :D

I would love to help with coding, but I don't have Quake Wars nor any game scripting experience.

Back