News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not know anything about marketing or art, but I know what I like. The "finalized" box aint it.

And aparently others have the same opinion.

Personally I think they should have gone with something like Mav's interpretation of Dommy's logo. Hell, they already own the rights to that logo, and it looks GOOD. Sure, it doesn't give you any idea of what goes on in game, but what game's box art does?

The back, or inside front, of the box is where you demonstrate gameplay, with the screenshots, descriptions, etc. The front of the box must look good, and catch the eye. While the "action shot" can draw the eye, in my opinion this one is just another "short attention span" draw. Basically it would catch my eye for a second, but it wouldn't hold my interest long enough for me to pick it up and look inside or at the back. It's another "shoot em up game".

A package similar to what Mav did with Dommy's logo would intrigue me enough to actually look at the back to see what it's like.

Perhaps if Thrax (or someone connected with marketing for IG, if there is actually someone) brought up this thread to VUG/Sierra as "demographic research" or some other appropriate doubletalk... and show what they CAN do...

Last edited:
give it a c-
and you guys are seriously underestimating the power of a decent looking box. there is a reason marketting is a 4 billion dollar a year enterprise

any genious could figure out hot chix(on the front) bring attention to the box then the back of the game will hook the customers with the cash...every one wins...Vug must be a bunch of tight as$es on cash considering how cheap the box looks

I like the idea of having a white box so it'll stand out, but that "duel scene" has got to go. That gun isn't even in the game ffs! Looks like someone pulled that straight out of UT2k4... the idea is to attract newblood not repel. :razz:

Personally I have to agree with alot of the other peeps here. When I first saw that Box I thought it was a budget rerelease box for tribes 2. Pretty it aint.

As for the other peices ive seen on this thread I have to say I like the one with Bluntzman on it. VU and IG have been marketing the SP as a large part of the game for months yet they switch to a multiplayer representation on the cover. Also having Julia on the box will sell it if nothing else will.

made by ChaoStar:

tvbox1.gif

tvbox2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/saki00/tvbox2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back